HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Registered User
goodkebo's Avatar
United States, ME, Bar Harbor
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
kk2 1.5 uncontrolled flip/crash after about 5 min flying H-quad

I am new multiflyer. Have about 12 flights in, just reflashed with1.5, self level working great but after flying for 5 minutes or so I suddenly loose control, usually wants to flip over, caught it on film this time. Look at 2:50 for flip. So far it only seems to happen while using self level I can continue to fly after first loss of control if I shut self level off. Any one have any ideas what is causing it? Thank you!

H-quad, kk2 1.5, 30 amp blue ESCs, HK DT750 motors, HK tr6a v2 rx with my good ol' Bixler 4ch TX

p gain 25 roll/pitch
p limit 100
I gain 5
I limit 20

p 50 yaw
p limit 20
I 50
I limit 10

height dampening 30
hd limit 30

self level
p 75
p limit 20

H-Quad kk2 1.5 uncontrolled flip WHY? (3 min 20 sec)
goodkebo is offline Find More Posts by goodkebo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
trinco's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
sport flying with TBS Discovery

Quad FPV - Awesome Sunday (TBS Disco & F450) (2 min 38 sec)
trinco is online now Find More Posts by trinco
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
Registered User
carr52's Avatar
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,393 Posts
Thanks for the video trinco. I loved it.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco View Post
sport flying with TBS Discovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEhUPAvHz1g
Those roll turns are scary. At one point I thought you were going to ditch it in the lake. Great flying as usual!
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
trinco's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Thanks for the video trinco. I loved it.

Tom
thanks for watching

cheers

Note : Please do not attempt to do what i just did, this may cause serious damage to your multirotor or even serious injuries to bystanders
trinco is online now Find More Posts by trinco
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
One with the machine
SuperFPVflyer's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2010
389 Posts
"If you want to be the pilot, go for kk boards, if you want to fight the pilot go with naza."
Author: Ludo.

Pecan Patch The Race (3 min 37 sec)
SuperFPVflyer is offline Find More Posts by SuperFPVflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
trinco's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Those roll turns are scary. At one point I thought you were going to ditch it in the lake. Great flying as usual!
i was quite dizzy, the g-force is too strong, i almost give up at the end of the lake lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFPVflyer View Post
"If you want to be the pilot, go for kk boards, if you want to fight the pilot go with naza."
Author: Ludo.
hehehe, naza dog fight with KK? hurmmmm
trinco is online now Find More Posts by trinco
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microdave View Post
I noticed stepflyer does not seam to have any trouble using kk2 in cold weather. I have a t-copter with 1.4 FW. It likes to jump up and down evenly with all three motors. If I run it in the house it does not jump. Outside temp @ 20 deg f. I have tried different H. damp settings. Should I keep trying with H. damp or does anyone have any other ideas how fix the jumping. Everything else works perfect.
Air is thicker and props more efficient in cold temps. Could be that your gains need to be decreased a little because of the cold.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkebo View Post
I am new multiflyer. Have about 12 flights in, just reflashed with1.5, self level working great but after flying for 5 minutes or so I suddenly loose control, usually wants to flip over, caught it on film this time. Look at 2:50 for flip. So far it only seems to happen while using self level I can continue to fly after first loss of control if I shut self level off. Any one have any ideas what is causing it? Thank you!

H-quad, kk2 1.5, 30 amp blue ESCs, HK DT750 motors, HK tr6a v2 rx with my good ol' Bixler 4ch TX

p gain 25 roll/pitch
p limit 100
I gain 5
I limit 20

p 50 yaw
p limit 20
I 50
I limit 10

height dampening 30
hd limit 30

self level
p 75
p limit 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7pl...yer_detailpage
First guess is battery getting low.

One motor more efficient than another. Low power motor is at 100% power. Stronger motor is 90%. Low power motor won't go above 100%.

Looks like left front motor stalled. Is it a different type of motor or ESC?

Second guess (actually more likely than the first) is that you have LVC (low voltage cutoff) enabled on one or more ESC's. One ESC will go out before the others and this is what you get. Get an adjustable low voltage alarm that watches individual cells. Best thing you can do for your Lipos. $2.50 shipped on eBay.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Dec 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
One with the machine
SuperFPVflyer's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2010
389 Posts
I watched your video goodkebo, and it is low voltage.
SuperFPVflyer is offline Find More Posts by SuperFPVflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
HeliHarry
harrym's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco View Post
sport flying with TBS Discovery
George, George, George of the jungle....Watch out for that .......(CRUCH).....Tree!



Nice flying!
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:23 AM
Registered User
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microdave View Post
I noticed stepflyer does not seam to have any trouble using kk2 in cold weather. I have a t-copter with 1.4 FW. It likes to jump up and down evenly with all three motors. If I run it in the house it does not jump. Outside temp @ 20 deg f. I have tried different H. damp settings. Should I keep trying with H. damp or does anyone have any other ideas how fix the jumping. Everything else works perfect.
Sounds like what I tried to describe here.
I haven't had time to do more testing.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco View Post
Note : Please do not attempt to do what i just did, this may cause serious damage to your multirotor or even serious injuries to bystanders
really?
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
Registered User
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,411 Posts
...
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Last edited by er9xuser; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: ...
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:58 AM
Registered User
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkebo View Post
I am new multiflyer. Have about 12 flights in, just reflashed with1.5, self level working great but after flying for 5 minutes or so I suddenly loose control, usually wants to flip over, caught it on film this time. Look at 2:50 for flip. So far it only seems to happen while using self level I can continue to fly after first loss of control if I shut self level off. Any one have any ideas what is causing it? Thank you!

H-quad, kk2 1.5, 30 amp blue ESCs, HK DT750 motors, HK tr6a v2 rx with my good ol' Bixler 4ch TX

p gain 25 roll/pitch
p limit 100
I gain 5
I limit 20

p 50 yaw
p limit 20
I 50
I limit 10

height dampening 30
hd limit 30

self level
p 75
p limit 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7pl...yer_detailpage
I think you have too much height dampening.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Reply With Quote