HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Thanks Jesolins, will look into it.
I am very sure that there was a video (maybe not from warthorx) showing slow motion video and a small video on the bottom right to show radio stick movement. I bookmark the web, it was at page 47 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
A.
For everyone's reference it is in the Flight training section of the the
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:47 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
A,
Yep likely, but as I mentioned for easy reference...Here you go: From the Mega index Flight training section:
--Multicopter flight loop training by Warthox: mwc quad - stick video mode 2 slow motion (1 min 25 sec) and Warthox Flight School thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428309

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
Thanks Jesolins, will look into it.
I am very sure that there was a video (maybe not from warthorx) showing slow motion video and a small video on the bottom right to show radio stick movement. I bookmark the web, it was at page 47 of this thread.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Found it. But it wasnt KK2 FC.

mwc quad - stick video [slowmotion] (3 min 1 sec)
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hi,

I'm a little bit confused by your answer.

In what I know the accelerometer, assuming it is a 3 axis one, should know the attitude of the quad, referred to earth reference (gravity). I assume it is then a matter of coding. The code should compare the quad attitude with gravity and command the quad to correct its attitude.
Say the accelerometer is detecting forces on more than one axis at the same time, how is it supposed to know which one is gravity?
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Say the accelerometer is detecting forces on more than one axis at the same time, how is it supposed to know which one is gravity?
Just a few paper where to start from :

An improved method for accounting for acceleration in gyro roll-pitch drift computations

Measuring Tilt Dynamics of Multicopters

Or you could have at the UavDevBoard code repository and site project

Ric

P.s. : this is Bill Premerlani's work, with some other developers
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista
Last edited by chiloschista; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:12 AM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
569 Posts
ESC Calibration for Plush 18A

Almost finished my Q450 quad with KK2 board installed.

I have followed instructions for esc calibration but can anyone explain how long I should hold down the 1 and 4 button and at what stage I change throttle for High to Low on the TX.

Some of the motors are not spinning up the same as others and I don't think the calibration was completed successfully.
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
No idea but the Free Flight board manages Autolevel very well, let go of sticks and it is pretty solid no wobbling around or going erratic like some have found with KK2.

Hopefully once Rolf has sorted the AHRS coding the KK2 will be on the same par.

For Rumbey from the KK2 booklet.

"Esc Calibration":
Instructions:
1: Important: TAKE OFF THE PROPELLERS OR DISCONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE
MOTOR!!
2: Turn off the FC power.
3: Turn on the transmitter and set the throttle to max.
4: Press down button 1 and 4, keep pressing until last step. Releasing the buttons aborts the
calibration.
5: Turn on power to the FC
6: Wait for the ESC to beep its full throttle calibrated signal. Takes a few seconds, depends on the
ESC.
7: Lower the throttle to idle.
8: Wait for the idle throttle calibrated signal.
9: Release the buttons.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hungary, Pest County, Tököl
Joined Oct 2010
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Almost finished my Q450 quad with KK2 board installed.

I have followed instructions for esc calibration but can anyone explain how long I should hold down the 1 and 4 button and at what stage I change throttle for High to Low on the TX.

Some of the motors are not spinning up the same as others and I don't think the calibration was completed successfully.
Turn on your TX. Raise throttle to 100%. Switch on the FC while holding buttons 1 and 4. Wait for the beeps from the escs. As soon as you hear the beeps move throttle down to zero, you will hear one or more beeps. That's it. If not all of the motors spin up afterwards raise the minimum throttle to 20 in the misc settings of the FC, that should help.
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,908 Posts
why not start a couple of parallel threads
one for just info videos...keep them all where we can find them...
.And one for diy multi rotor builds, not kits, that will do for any controller...
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
oops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlr4CLZj-o
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
KK2.0 & ESC problem

I have trouble getting my ESC's to work with my KK2 board, i just hear constant beeping. Transmitter appears to work perfectly with the board when checking the Receiver Test.

Also, tried calibrating using the kk2.0 but i never got a confirmed beep signal after lowing the throttle down to idle.

I'm using the kk2.0 with Turnigy Micro-Quad(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22780) and a JRPROPO XG7 transmitter.

Any idea why this isn't activating my esc's? it tried doing the esc's by themselves and worked fine. As soon as they get connected to the KK2.0 they dont work
loresfx is offline Find More Posts by loresfx
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:24 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loresfx View Post
I have trouble getting my ESC's to work with my KK2 board, i just hear constant beeping. Transmitter appears to work perfectly with the board when checking the Receiver Test.

Also, tried calibrating using the kk2.0 but i never got a confirmed beep signal after lowing the throttle down to idle.

I'm using the kk2.0 with Turnigy Micro-Quad(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22780) and a JRPROPO XG7 transmitter.

Any idea why this isn't activating my esc's? it tried doing the esc's by themselves and worked fine. As soon as they get connected to the KK2.0 they dont work
Check to make sure that the negative wires on all the escs are plugged in at the outside edge of the board same goes for the rx wires. If one is wrong it won't work
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I put my new kk in a ifly4 frame and I think this board is great I was flying a 250 with multiwii and it is like night and day the kk was so easy for me to set up and the auto level works great for me it does what I hoped it would do get me out of a bind when I get out of control all I do is flip the switch and I can slow it down all in all I think it is a great board for noobs like me I have two more on the way for a Dji f330 and a Fiydino quad
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
No idea but the Free Flight board manages Autolevel very well, let go of sticks and it is pretty solid no wobbling around or going erratic like some have found with KK2.
That's not a KK board problem. It's a setup problem. So many things can be setup wrong that will cause such issues. The KK2 is working well for many, many users so deductive reasoning points to different things than the KK2 board as a cause for unwanted flight characteristics. If it was a coding problem, or lack of, then every pilot would have the same issues. Not only "some" pilots.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
"Self-leveling. It uses acc tilt-angle measurement. Later I will try to add a full AHRS algorithm like the big boys use since it is better. (less delay)"

I did not say it was a coding problem either but ACC only has its limitations.
Only looking at Autolevel as well not normal flying, loads of praise for that but numerous posts on unstable Autolevel.
If it is only setting up on Auto Level, maybe Rolf's new guide will help.

I would not like to try the Frisbee test for example as it is.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Last edited by Del-Dredd; Jul 15, 2012 at 02:44 PM.