HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
I still think that a bad board is unlikely.

If you go to sensor test do the values change as you might expect? Acc values should vary by absolute angle and gyro number should change as the quad is rotated but should return to a nominal value when still.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:21 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Big problem with KK2 after crash

ACC X,Y,Z reads 0.

It won't calibrate.

It won't arm.

It won't fly

Nothing looks obviously damaged on PCB.

Any ideas ???

shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Big problem with KK2 after crash

ACC X,Y,Z reads 0.

It won't calibrate.

It won't arm.

It won't fly

You broke it. Stevis has a noACC firmware mod, but it's manual only... no self-level.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
You broke it. Stevis has a noACC firmware mod, but it's manual only... no self-level.
Let it be

Where i can find it ?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:01 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdt View Post
Why?? Can't you understand me? I think that i am talking in a correct way, i don't understand what is the problem.

I really don't know what is the overall problem. I will reflash the board with v1.5 and see what will happen.
If there was a hardware problem the board wouldn't say: Not ok?
The problem is your punctuation is a bit off and various issues written in the same sentence, without full explanation of any.

The comment about getting bigger error after disconnecting battery does not make sense either, how can you see any values with no power to the board.

The last line in Quote also makes no sense, as written it means

If the board had a hardware problem, it would not say "Not OK", in other words it is saying "Not OK" and Board is fine which is wrong.

As was mentioned, I would disconnect everything and follow the manual from the start.

I set my boards up before connecting to the quad etc.

Have nothing connected and apply power to M1 with a standard Rx pack (4 cell nicad etc), or an ESC and Lipo.

Do Calibration with board level on bench.

Load relevant Motor layout from list.

Connect Rx with its 4 leads and check Rx Test screen for correct direction of movement ie left stick equals left on screen, Zero at center and end points of + - 100, the Throttle reads 0 - 100.
Use Tx Sub Trims if available to get good values and reverse channels as required.

Ensure all ESC's are programmed the same, use program card if you have one or the Tx.

Calibrate each ESC individually by connecting to the Rx as normal for aircraft use, this will ensure they all are same to start with.
You can calibrate all together via KK2 after you get it working properly if required.

You can then fit KK2 to airframe and attach the ESC's etc.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Last edited by Del-Dredd; Dec 02, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
error

hello ,what help please... kk2 control board calibrations data out of limits'? help thanks
rob222 is offline Find More Posts by rob222
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:08 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
I'm trying to run this tool, kkmulticopterflashtool on my PowerPC Quad running Ubuntu 12.04 but not good news for me , any other tools that I can use to flash my KK2 under this arch PowerPC Ubuntu, or MacOS 10.5?
thanks in advance
I'm not familiar with a PowerPC or Ubuntu. Sorry!
harrym is online now Find More Posts by harrym
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob222 View Post
hello ,what help please... kk2 control board calibrations data out of limits'? help thanks
Specifics like firmware version, pictures of the setup, background ( was it working, what has changed )?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
I'm trying to run this tool, kkmulticopterflashtool on my PowerPC Quad running Ubuntu 12.04 but not good news for me , any other tools that I can use to flash my KK2 under this arch PowerPC Ubuntu, or MacOS 10.5?

thanks in advance
kkmulicopterflashtool is just a java wrapper around the avrdude utility that actually does the work. If you can't get java running under PPC MacOSX then using openjdk under linux or using the avrdude command line under any of those platforms should work.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
20 Posts
Quick Question for the KK2 gurus....
My KK2 was bad out of the box...

Calibration would fail, bad y gyro would only register 475 and from what I have read 500 is needed to calibrate. I put pressure on the gyro and it would move over the 500 mark and calibrate. It was flying perfectly until I updated to 1.5 and again same issue. I have read that the default value for gyro calibration can be lowered in the firmware and still operate fine. I have looked through the code but cant find the line that sets the gyro default value..... can someone point me to the correct line to change any guidance would be appreciated...
Silverwood is offline Find More Posts by Silverwood
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
Be aware that some ESC's have two different types of FET's in them and the different styles require different drive levels for the FET's and thus can have different resisters. The difference between 47 and 53 ohms is undoubtedly well within the tolerances of the design.

There are three motor wires, and each wire can be individually connected to either the positive battery lead or the negative one during a particular instant of time, so each wire requires 2 "switches" (the FET's). Some switches are more efficent than others, so for each wire sometimes you will find one FET connected to one side of the battery and 2 FET's connected to the other side of the battery.

The number of switches is 6. The minimum number of FET's is 6. 6 or 12 FET's means 1 or 2 FET's per switch. 9 or 18 means 1+2 or 2+4 per switch with more on one battery terminal than the other.
Don't worry! I've been working in the electronics business for many years and will not make that rookie mistake.

BTW: All FETs and resistors are identical on this ESC so it will be no problem at all finding spare parts.

An increase in resistance from 47 to 53 ohms is more than 10% and this tells me that something is very wrong. The discolored resistors indicates that they have been overheated from excessive current as well. You can clearly see these resistors in the enclosed image (lower right corner).
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
OK

Confirmed that ACC are dead on my board.

This suprised me because they survived way harder crashes

I've flashed with V1.2 Stevis noACC.

I'm back for business in acro mode

Self level was not my favourite anyway
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwood View Post
Quick Question for the KK2 gurus....
My KK2 was bad out of the box...

Calibration would fail, bad y gyro would only register 475 and from what I have read 500 is needed to calibrate. I put pressure on the gyro and it would move over the 500 mark and calibrate. It was flying perfectly until I updated to 1.5 and again same issue. I have read that the default value for gyro calibration can be lowered in the firmware and still operate fine. I have looked through the code but cant find the line that sets the gyro default value..... can someone point me to the correct line to change any guidance would be appreciated...

Look in the constants.asm

.equ GyroLowLimit = 500 ;limits for sensor testing
.equ GyroHighLimit = 630

I have built ( for someone else ) a custom hex with 450 and 680 and it's been working fine for them. I would be careful since if pressure fixes it it could be a flakey solder job and could fail outright at the worst moment.

You are not by any chance flying in very cold weather?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Look in the constants.asm

.equ GyroLowLimit = 500 ;limits for sensor testing
.equ GyroHighLimit = 630

I have built ( for someone else ) a custom hex with 450 and 680 and it's been working fine for them. I would be careful since if pressure fixes it it could be a flakey solder job and could fail outright at the worst moment.

You are not by any chance flying in very cold weather?
Thanks....No it failed out of the box at room temp....I was thinking it could be a bad solder job,I thought about trying to re-solder but its to small for my ability...thanks again
Silverwood is offline Find More Posts by Silverwood
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Dec 2009
20 Posts
KK2 camera stabilization set up setting pitch and roll gains and offsets, for KK2 1.5

I put this video together to show how to get the pitch and roll gains just right to keep the camera level. Also how to use the pitch and roll offsets to make small adjustments to pitch and roll of your gimbal.

the KK2 board has this awesome feature if you update to the 1.5 firmware, which is detailed on one of my other videos

rctestbench
Gimbal set up on the KK2 controller with firmware version 1.5 (8 min 1 sec)
leapnlarry is offline Find More Posts by leapnlarry