Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:52 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
So the LCD says normal KK things when powered from USB, but not when powered from M1?

You seem to know which one M1 is because you have another KK that works?

I would first verify with a different power plugged into M1, like a 4 cell nicad or a linear 5 volt BEC.

I don't have mine in hand yet, but here is an educated guess. If applying the same power source to USB makes it work, but to M1 it does not work, then there is a way to get it to work. Solder wires from USB ground to M1 ground and from USB +5V to M1 +5V. That way the power coming in from M1 goes in the USB plug where it is known to work.
There is power going through M1 as the LCD lights up but no writing

When I power from the usbasp as if to flash the card the lcd lights but with all the writing I can scoll through the menu as normal.
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
To RedC5
Hi the frame is the dji450 clone from HOBBYKING ($11). The lower frame and camera gimbal comes from quadframe.com
Chewwy00 is offline Find More Posts by Chewwy00
Last edited by Chewwy00; Dec 02, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auskenny View Post
That looks very stable , can you post up all your gain settings plus your self level settings?
I've just built a clone 450 an trying to get it sorted out
Cheers
Hi I'll post the details about gain,setup, auto level etc in the description of the video. The quad is at my friends' home. I'll have a check this afternoon.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auskenny View Post
That looks very stable , can you post up all your gain settings plus your self level settings?
I've just built a clone 450 an trying to get it sorted out
Cheers
Here it is:
Roll gain: 80
Limit:100
I gain: 30
I limit: 20

Pitch (same)
Yaw gain: 50
Limit:20
I gain: 0
I limit: 10

Self level data: gain 40
Limit 25

Setup: frame is dji450 clone from HK, motors are turnigy 2836/9 950KV with 30A Esc. Props are 10x4.5
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Look i think that the problem is in the kk2. i calibrate the sensors but the kk2 think that level is way of of the reality. And most of the times one motor is at the max and the others only 20%. What can i do.
dvdt is offline Find More Posts by dvdt
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:22 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdt View Post
Look i think that the problem is in the kk2. i calibrate the sensors but the kk2 think that level is way of of the reality. And most of the times one motor is at the max and the others only 20%. What can i do.
arm and disarm, what does the safe screen angle say? are they too "way out of the reality"? I think you probably need to calibrate your ESC's.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
arm and disarm, what does the safe screen angle say? are they too "way out of the reality"? I think you probably need to calibrate your ESC's.
Yes when it is level is say 20 in the roll axis but after trim it if i unplug the batterie is says an even worse value. I don't know what to do.
The esc's are calibrated.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Yes when it is level is say 20 in the roll axis but after trim it if i unplug the batterie is says an even worse value. I don't know what to do.
The esc's are calibrated.
then they are not properly calibrated or your acc trim values are wrong. What FW version?

1) Receiver trim on "receiver test" to 0
2) acc trim to 0 in self-level settings.
3) sensor calibration
4) arm/disarm, are the angles sane?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
then they are not properly calibrated or your acc trim values are wrong. What FW version?

1) Receiver trim on "receiver test" to 0
2)
receiver trim-check
acc trim to 0 in self-level settings-check
sensor calibration-check
arm/disarm, are the angles sane-not really
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
reflash latest fw, factory reset, SETUP MOTOR LAYOUT.. sensor calibration perfectly level and retry.

Can't be sure, but it it is still off by 20 degrees then it may be bad hardware, but I don't see how since all the values should be relative and it wouldn't arm if the values were horrible.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:12 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
dvdt - I think you need to explain in your own language and get somebody to respond in your language if anybody can, that way will give better understanding of your problem and the remedy.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
dvdt - I think you need to explain in your own language and get somebody to respond in your language if anybody can, that way will give better understanding of your problem and the remedy.
Why?? Can't you understand me? I think that i am talking in a correct way, i don't understand what is the problem.

Quote:
reflash latest fw, factory reset, SETUP MOTOR LAYOUT.. sensor calibration perfectly level and retry.

Can't be sure, but it it is still off by 20 degrees then it may be bad hardware, but I don't see how since all the values should be relative and it wouldn't arm if the values were horrible.
I really don't know what is the overall problem. I will reflash the board with v1.5 and see what will happen.
If there was a hardware problem the board wouldn't say: Not ok?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Why?? Can't you understand me? I think that i am talking in a correct way, i don't understand what is the problem.
I understand the words, but your description is in conflict with how the software works. I would have to agree that maybe someone communicating in your native language might be better equipped to diagnose this issue.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
I understand the words, but your description is in conflict with how the software works. I would have to agree that maybe someone communicating in your native language might be better equipped to diagnose this issue.
So if someone that can talk portuguese could help, i thank.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
now it is level and is saying roll angle -44 and pitch angle 71 and is level do you think that this is close to normal?
Will hobbyking replace it after 4 months i never could have time to fly it?
Last edited by dvdt; Dec 02, 2012 at 10:41 AM.