SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Anybody else score a KK2.0 for $19.99? It's over now. I would have posted it earlier, but I just barely got in under the wire myself, before they stopped it.
that sale had to have been for less than an hour, I checked before leaving work, then checked 1.5 hrs later and the sale was over.. as well as the free usa shipping and the 3s 2200 batts.. grrrr!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I have that frame also. Goodluck buy sent the wrong plates for mine. ... quad for the hex, or visa versa. Ended up with the correct parts eventually.
This frame works okay with some mods. See the holes in the back arms ... there should be another plate there to support the battery, otherwise you cannot get the battery back far enough to balance it. Make one out of polycarbonate, plywood etc. CG and flight controller should be at that square at the back of the frame, or close to it.

Mark
I had the same frame from GLB. Mounted the battery directly underneath the FC but had to make a pkjywood battery mount. BTW, that frame is prone to vibrations.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
rcroadtrain's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
mine was from ebay 'vocanlo' whom I suspect is the same as GLB.

Angel 2212/1000kv motors from r-hobbies.com, US$77.94 for six inc shipping... easy to trade with too...

I'll see about moving the battery back..(could be why I needed to trim almost full backwards when I set "I" to zero...)

you got the wrong parts? I waited five weeks to find that he gave either my replacements to someone else, or gave me their tracking number..
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
To many projects
66tbird's Avatar
USA, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Aug 2004
1,055 Posts
I've been flying a KK2 (micro quad) once a day for months. Why once a day?? Because on the second fly it will drop a leg and crash. It's kind of the club joke quad because the first flight is always great. You can really hodrod it around and self level is great too. Then it starts to fall to the point where it won't hover after two packs. I'll wait till the next day and its once again a perfect flier, once.

I think I'm using FW 1.2 but it maybe 1.1. I thought it maybe a heat issue but it lives outside in my box and I've flown it in 110°heat down to 45° and it's the same.

So I'll move to FW 1.4 and try it out. If it doesn't fix it then the KK2 is out. Unless someone here who's been following this mega thread has and idea, or can point me to a posting.
66tbird is offline Find More Posts by 66tbird
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Anybody else score a KK2.0 for $19.99? It's over now. I would have posted it earlier, but I just barely got in under the wire myself, before they stopped it.
I snagged one. First part ordered for an H quad I am designing.
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66tbird View Post
I've been flying a KK2 (micro quad) once a day for months. Why once a day?? Because on the second fly it will drop a leg and crash. It's kind of the club joke quad because the first flight is always great. You can really hodrod it around and self level is great too. Then it starts to fall to the point where it won't hover after two packs. I'll wait till the next day and its once again a perfect flier, once.
It's not the KK board, but probably one of your ESCs. You should start there first.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Multirotor Anonimous Member
Puerto Rico, Hatillo
Joined Sep 2012
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
mine was from ebay 'vocanlo' whom I suspect is the same as GLB.

Angel 2212/1000kv motors from r-hobbies.com, US$77.94 for six inc shipping... easy to trade with too...

I'll see about moving the battery back..(could be why I needed to trim almost full backwards when I set "I" to zero...)

you got the wrong parts? I waited five weeks to find that he gave either my replacements to someone else, or gave me their tracking number..
I used Mystery 2212-15 930Kv, and have been testing different prop sizes with them, part of the noobie process . The motors can be found on ebay for $60 for 6 of them. So far they run smooth and I have balanced the props so the frame performs very stable with the KK2 and1.5 FW.
Mike Carrio is offline Find More Posts by Mike Carrio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Sudsy's Avatar
Joined May 2012
860 Posts
Priliminary results of battery test

I have been flying a small quad (X mode) using 500 Mhr 3 cell 20-30c packs.

I have noticed that when my pack gets weak (4 min timer) at about 3:45 I start getting yaw wander and stability issues.

This tells me that when I see these messages about losing stability after a hard "pull" maneuver I think it may be related to a voltage drop being seen at the KK2 board.

Maybe its not so much the sensors but the overall assembly.

It would be interesting to power the KK2 board independently with a separate flight pack or something. Maybe a small 2 cell pack with a voltage regulator.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
Registered User
carr52's Avatar
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,497 Posts
After frying one of the esc's on my quad I started redoing the tri copter. Its sorta like one sock is always missing well why am I always short one servo extention. Never fails. As Peter Griffin says. "Thats really grinds my gears"

Late night rants.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
Registered User
rcroadtrain's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I have that frame also. Goodluck buy sent the wrong plates for mine. ... quad for the hex, or visa versa. Ended up with the correct parts eventually.
This frame works okay with some mods. See the holes in the back arms ... there should be another plate there to support the battery, otherwise you cannot get the battery back far enough to balance it. Make one out of polycarbonate, plywood etc. CG and flight controller should be at that square at the back of the frame, or close to it.

Mark
I went and had a really hard look at mine.. those holes in the back legs you speak of? mine doesn't have them!!! (oh well, get out the drill again... )
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Sudsy's Avatar
Joined May 2012
860 Posts
Splashdown!!!

Check this out. I was thinking of a "super tuna tower" quad application. I guess I would need a good fresh water washdown and some TLC.

http://aquacopters.gostorego.com/

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:32 PM
Registered User
jonesy40001's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
mine was from ebay 'vocanlo' whom I suspect is the same as GLB.

Angel 2212/1000kv motors from r-hobbies.com, US$77.94 for six inc shipping... easy to trade with too...

I'll see about moving the battery back..(could be why I needed to trim almost full backwards when I set "I" to zero...)

you got the wrong parts? I waited five weeks to find that he gave either my replacements to someone else, or gave me their tracking number..
Hey RT. this is the 1 I got minus 2 legs with the mods I made. upgrade to heavy gauge tube leggs (spares for x525) gopro mount, battery tray. It now has bigger motors and a MWC v0.2 with 1240 FW. It is very stable and back 30 or 40 pages there is a vid of it flying with the KK2.

Name: WP_000425.jpg
Views: 187
Size: 301.7 KB
Description:

Name: WP_000428.jpg
Views: 203
Size: 307.4 KB
Description:

Name: WP_000429.jpg
Views: 205
Size: 272.6 KB
Description:

This was also from Voclano.. Found the vid.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23175961
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Last edited by jonesy40001; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 PM
Registered User
jonesy40001's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
After frying one of the esc's on my quad I started redoing the tri copter. Its sorta like one sock is always missing well why am I always short one servo extention. Never fails. As Peter Griffin says. "Thats really grinds my gears"

Late night rants.

Tom
Jock's Law..." Availability is inversly proportinate to need"

I got these off ebay they come in Male-female and male-male. they are useful for so many things, even spare servo extension leads.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190743964...84.m1439.l2649
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
Registered User
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Just as another endorsement of the KK2. I recently got a flip MWC 1.5 FC board ( 6dof like the KK2, but different sensor ). It's nice and all, but the back and forth to the computer is killing me.
Get a bluetooth module. Works great for both PC and Android units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Took it out for another flight today and one of the esc's went poof, ole smokie. Yep, fried. I took the wrap off and one of the little square black things under the heat sink was blackened.
What ESCs are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
This tells me that when I see these messages about losing stability after a hard "pull" maneuver I think it may be related to a voltage drop being seen at the KK2 board.
The KK2 should see a steady 5V from your BEC, even if battery voltage drops.


Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Last edited by flarssen; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:04 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey RT. this is the 1 I got minus 2 legs with the mods I made. upgrade to heavy gauge tube leggs (spares for x525) gopro mount, battery tray. It now has bigger motors and a MWC v0.2 with 1240 FW. It is very stable and back 30 or 40 pages there is a vid of it flying with the KK2.

Attachment 5332350

Attachment 5332351

Attachment 5332352

This was also from Voclano.. Found the vid.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23175961
Yep ... nice layout.
There is no mystery about spider quads or hex's. The motors and board only see a conventional layout.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Reply With Quote