Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Jan 2006
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post
That sounds like a pid issue if it is always there....my jitter was intermittent..
i don't think it's a PID issue because on FFF and fast descent there's no jittering. i might try to flash it again with the latest simonk firmware.
thanks!
will report on the result asap.
mandis is offline Find More Posts by mandis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
Seafax ROV
United Kingdom, Barrow-in-Furness
Joined Feb 2011
371 Posts
skywalker quattro esc connections

Hi. I ordered a KK2 from hobbyking three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived so I was wondering if in the meantime anyone can tell me how the Skywalker Quattro ESC connections correlate to the 1-2-3-4 motor pins on the KK2. What I'm not clear about (see photo) is that the ESC's seem to be numbered anticlockwise with only ESC 3 (bottom right) supplying voltage... which seems to be at odds with the connector that the KK2 in X-quad configuration uses for voltage in.

Hope I'm making sense here I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Col.
WalneyCol is offline Find More Posts by WalneyCol
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post
Hi. I ordered a KK2 from hobbyking three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived so I was wondering if in the meantime anyone can tell me how the Skywalker Quattro ESC connections correlate to the 1-2-3-4 motor pins on the KK2. What I'm not clear about (see photo) is that the ESC's seem to be numbered anticlockwise with only ESC 3 (bottom right) supplying voltage... which seems to be at odds with the connector that the KK2 in X-quad configuration uses for voltage in.

Col.
What you need to do is position the ESC on your frame, and take note on where each motor output leads. The Quattro's layout wont match the KK2's, so you will have to just use your imagination and make sure each motor connects to the KK2 in the right order.

Also the Quattro ESC only outputs 5v to the S3 motor connection. So you will use S3 as M1, and then work from there.

I used this ESC on a quad build with a KK2 and its a real good ESC. Just took a couple hours to think everything through. I think in the end I had a piece of notebook paper with some sketches to help my brain keep track of everything.
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,443 Posts
Well I spoke too soon. Thats what I get for bragging about my first quad flying great. Took it out for another flight today and one of the esc's went poof, ole smokie. Yep, fried. I took the wrap off and one of the little square black things under the heat sink was blackened. I checked the motor on another esc and its ok. Compost occurs.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Thanks for the info on this place. Just ordered an extra KK2 from them. Got a feeling I'm gonna need it.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Be cautious of the other ESCs on the next few flights, it should be readily apparent if any others were affected.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,443 Posts
I just ordered 4 new ones. Figured if one went the others might not be far behind. I'd hate to see this thing fall 50 or 60 feet with my Gopro on it. I have no idea why it burned out. After each flight I would check the motors, battery, esc's. Nothing was overly warm or hot. I went up on the amps with the new esc's also. 30 amp this time.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post

Col.
you're right, the numbers dont match up.. but that doesnt matter.
the quattro wasnt specifically designed for the KK2. It works, I have one in mine.
the three wire goes to the KK2's M1, quattro's output #3 goes to motor #1

Subaru4wd's answer (5 messages above) will point you in the right direction...
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,273 Posts
X525 Quad frame from HK/ebay/GoodLuckBuy

I am looking at the HobbyKing X525 or X666 frames to replace the half DIY/ half DJI frame I am using with the KK2 board on my son's KMAN kopter. Unfortunatekly , HK is out of stock but several bay sellers and GoodLuckBuy have the X525 (clone?) at about the same price that HK would charge with shipping.

HobbyKing states to stay away from ebay/china sellers and that the one they sell is much, much better quality with holes CNC'ed instead of hand drilled, blah, blah, blah

Anyone using an ebay/GoodLuckBuy version of the X525 and if so, do you like it? Pros/Cons, etc to the non HK versions?
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
no, not quad x. Im in hex x. its a hex frame...

I bought it from 'vocanlo' but clearly the pic says 'goodluck'

..I had to redrill 14 holes, the arms werent made properly.
I have that frame also. Goodluck buy sent the wrong plates for mine. ... quad for the hex, or visa versa. Ended up with the correct parts eventually.
This frame works okay with some mods. See the holes in the back arms ... there should be another plate there to support the battery, otherwise you cannot get the battery back far enough to balance it. Make one out of polycarbonate, plywood etc. CG and flight controller should be at that square at the back of the frame, or close to it.

Mark
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
Multirotor Anonimous Member
Puerto Rico, Hatillo
Joined Sep 2012
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I have that frame also. Goodluck buy sent the wrong plates for mine. ... quad for the hex, or visa versa. Ended up with the correct parts eventually.
This frame works okay with some mods. See the holes in the back arms ... there should be another plate there to support the battery, otherwise you cannot get the battery back far enough to balance it. Make one out of polycarbonate, plywood etc. CG and flight controller should be at that square at the back of the frame, or close to it.

Mark
I just got this frame also, what motors are you guys using ???

Mine didn't come with the battery plate neither now that you point it out.
Mike Carrio is online now Find More Posts by Mike Carrio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Anybody else score a KK2.0 for $19.99? It's over now. I would have posted it earlier, but I just barely got in under the wire myself, before they stopped it.
oddcopter is online now Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Anybody else score a KK2.0 for $19.99? It's over now. I would have posted it earlier, but I just barely got in under the wire myself, before they stopped it.
I added one to my cart. Im waiting to check out after i see what other deals they have.
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:34 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
214 Posts
Here are few pics of my build. Had it up about 40' it is still little hard to control still but managed to get it back on the ground safe and sound. I need to increase stick scaling I think it's little too twitchy.
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:55 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
I saw it for that lower price and I added 2 to my cart only to see the price jump back up. I think they were just teasing. I am not sure if anyone else got them for the lower price. I think they learned from the Chinese to put Cyber Monday to "good" use.
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce