HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Can anyone explain to me why it behaves like this?

http://youtu.be/lcFkYO9x7Bc

I'm using the same default PI settings, and same firmware as in this video filmed when I just got my KK2 board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmD4PDuSBc

I don't get it, I've checked the motors connections, props, motor-spin direction.
Also loaded quadcopter X. Also did calibrate on a perfect flat surface.

Are you using V1.2 firmware?
My x525 did the same thing on V1.2, Flashed to 1.4 and it worked properly, straight away.

And, those props.. are they GWS 9x5x3's? balance them!! I use the same type of prop, and without balancing them, the vibrations really upset the gyros.
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Last edited by rcroadtrain; Nov 25, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
A help with this please!

A help please
jc
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
Hi guys:
Sorry if my question is already answered:
I have a Hallstudio Tri version :
http://youtu.be/Bgb4ruOl5pM

with selfleveling ON the tri go slow to back and right
Scott told me to play with ACC Roll/picth param in the Selflevel settings menu, I did for a while increasing in groups of around 25.

So , I should keep playing with this or it's something else I can do to correct this?
Also I was wondering if negatives values means ACC Roll( left) ACC pitch (Back).
This Tri is for training and learning so thats why I want the autolevel work fine.

thanks for your support in advance.
JC
juanquy is offline Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Kaptein Kuk and anyone else who was helping me with my jittering quad problem,

First of all, thank you.

the original problem was vertical jittering and overall loss of power after a long stretch of high throttle flight. I had all esc cables intact on the kk2 board (signal, +5, and common)... so when the jitters appeared i decided one night to go ahead and remove the unneeded +5V's just to do it (since i thought only switching voltage regulators on the escs do not like a bussed +5v...).

After that i ran 3 batteries worth with no more jitters....

well today i was flying aggressively and dipped too low and almost clipped the ground so i gave more throttle and pulled up and it leveled out... then it just fell out of the sky...one motor distinctly fell first...(the number 2, X quad)... and just before and during the fall the kk2 was beeping...weird...

I suspect and hope it is only an esc, and this failure is just the jitter problem amplified now that the +5V isn't bussed...

Any input anyone?.. thanks again.. and here the video for your enjoyment (crash at end).

kk2 quad flips rc helicopter (2 min 24 sec)
danielnc06 is online now Find More Posts by danielnc06
Last edited by danielnc06; Nov 25, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Thanks ya all. This thread is full of useful information. In fact it was very useful here is what I ended up with after reading a bout KK and KK 2.0. I now have built a quad X (my first build) and here is a video of the mini maiden flight.

Motors NTM 28
ESCs Turnegy Plush 25AMp
Body PVC tubes and plexi glass
Radio DX6i and AR6200 RX

Camera - Casio Exlim
Battery 20 C 3 cell 1700 Old ZIppy

KK2 X Quad Mini Maiden (2 min 44 sec)

P & I self level gains are set at 75 each. Did not mess much with other gains except the Altitude dampening set it at 20.

Still little unstable but the n again may be its all the backwash in close quarters (my basement)
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:41 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
A help please
jc
See my post above about self level gains. Increase them for the P & I and see if that helps. In the video I have them at 75 guess I need to increase them since I crashed..getting too late for me to make too much noise around here. Will try to increase them and test tomorrow.
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:54 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post

First of all, thank you.

the original problem was vertical jittering and overall loss of power after a long stretch of high throttle flight. I had all esc cables intact on the kk2 board (signal, +5, and common)... so when the jitters appeared i decided one night to go ahead and remove the unneeded +5V's just to do it (since i thought only switching voltage regulators on the escs do not like a bussed +5v...).

well today i was flying aggressively and dipped too low and almost clipped the ground so i gave more throttle and pulled up and it leveled out... then it just fell out of the sky...one motor distinctly fell first...(the number 2, X quad)... and just before and during the fall the kk2 was beeping...weird...

I suspect and hope it is only an esc, and this failure is just the jitter problem amplified now that the +5V isn't bussed...

Any input anyone?.. thanks again.. and here the video for your enjoyment (crash at end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBo6...1&feature=plcp
What kind of motors are you using
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIBonesAirForce View Post
See my post above about self level gains. Increase them for the P & I and see if that helps. In the video I have them at 75 guess I need to increase them since I crashed..getting too late for me to make too much noise around here. Will try to increase them and test tomorrow.
Ill try tomorrow.

Thanks
juanquy is offline Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:16 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,867 Posts
Wish I could get my board to not bobble so bad when loosing altitude. Really bobbles!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:18 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Wish I could get my board to not bobble so bad when loosing altitude. Really bobbles!
What props/motors are you running?
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,867 Posts
Dt750's on 11x4.7's
I've lowered and raised everything on the kk2. I had a kk2.1 before and it wasn't this fussy.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,418 Posts
Alot of the wobble can be from turbulence created by the props when descending. You are forcing the props to use air it has already used... so things get unstable. Also added vibrations or movement because of this effect, will cause the KK2 to react.

Try descending at an angle or while moving to see if the wobble disappears.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
fitted the FC to a hex 'spider' frame, flashed 1.4 into it, calibrated level, did reverse on the Ele, Rud, and Throttle, subtrimmed it to '0's..
powered on.. and... crashed. (no damage, the grass is soft..)
drifting all over the place... 5k/h sidewinds..
got an inceadibly large wobble, that got worse and worse, crash!!
not quite as bad on 'self level', but the wobble was like it was overcorrecting.
reduced stick scaling,
reduced p gain to 33 and limit to 19,
turned i down to 2, limit 16..

When I turned 'I' down to zero, it wanted to kee flying forwards.. turned it up to 2 and it got a lot better.

Its almost flyable.. loses height on yaw.

any suggestions?
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
A help please
jc
When you callibrate the Acc's are you doing it with the KK2 level or the airframe?The airframe in a stable hover has 2 forces acting on it, gravity and the lift or thrust generated by the motors. When callibrating the Acc's the motors or more importantly, props need to be level in the horizontal plane ( thats where the airframe hangs from) If you callibrate the FC and the props are not level this will cause the airframe to "tilt" when switching to self level, as when it was in a stable hover without SL the center of lift is over the center of gravity. Switching to SL then causes the FC to level it self and shift the CoL away from The CoG causing the tilt you mention. I use a straight edge and a spirit level across the top of the prop shafts on my quad and make it level that way before callibrating the Acc's, it doesn't matter if the board is a little bit off center as the calibrated Acc's wil tell it exactly where down is. BTW that was some cool flying in the vid.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post

First of all, thank you.

Firstly I don't believe it is the ESC beeping, the esc sends a signal to the motor which causes it to vibrate, ( thats the beeping) when the motor is spinning it cannot beep. How old and what "C" rating are you batteries? The voltage alarm will sound during a high power drain state and then stop when the demand for power decreases and the voltage comes back up above the alarm set point. Do you have your ESC's set to "Lipo" or "NiCad". If set to "Lipo" 1 or more of them will slow or stop in the same high power demand state, some Esc's will stop completly and others will return to normal after the voltage comes back up.
Also, just a theory, but what FW are you using? (I am not willing to blame the FW until I have more info)

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
fitted the FC to a hex 'spider' frame, flashed 1.4 into it, calibrated level, did reverse on the Ele, Rud, and Throttle, subtrimmed it to '0's..
powered on.. and... crashed. (no damage, the grass is soft..)
drifting all over the place... 5k/h sidewinds..
got an inceadibly large wobble, that got worse and worse, crash!!
not quite as bad on 'self level', but the wobble was like it was overcorrecting.
reduced stick scaling,
reduced p gain to 33 and limit to 19,
turned i down to 2, limit 16..

When I turned 'I' down to zero, it wanted to kee flying forwards.. turned it up to 2 and it got a lot better.

Its almost flyable.. loses height on yaw.

any suggestions?
Could be several causes, esc's not calibrated properly, severe vibration problems or maybe cg issues. If cg is off, board will try to fight to keep level.
Maybe put up a picture of your frame, indicating where your CG is located.
There are lots of arguments about spider frames and where the cg should be:
1. Run a string (or imaginary line) from diagonal motor to diagonal motor ... where the strings intersect is where the cg should be.
2. Measure equal distance from each motor into the center ... that's where the cg should be.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104