HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
saucisse's Avatar
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,190 Posts
have a look at the first page in th faq, question/answer # 3 ...



Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
Guys how do you set the voltage monitor? Im using 3s lipo should i set it to 150?
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:01 AM
Falling with style
metalfred's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr978 View Post
Camera stabilization works good on my quad, 650 gain on pitch and roll. I don't have the best gimbal and cheap servos but it is a big diference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRepcxhbAo

P.S.
Small img. is uncut and main img. is software stab.
I am certainly doing something wrong as I cannot make it work at all... armed, not armed, I changed servos, tried all kind of gains and offsets and nothing works. Starting to think m7 and m8 on my board are bad.
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Hi. I am writing here instead of hk forum hoping to get more help. I have a kk2.0 board. I use it on my quad copter flyduino-warthox style with 25cm arms. It's a pretty standard setup. KDA 20-26m motors, 18A Turnigy ESCs, 8x4.5 props, very light and minimal aluminum frame. I have been flying from versione 1.2 up to 1.5. I always had the same problems.

1) using yaw pretty fast makes the quadcopter climb or descend, lowering I and P gains partially solves it but then yaw gets unstable
2) again using yaw makes one arm to drop. Autolevel fixes this of course because makes the copter flat again but when I fly without it to do basic acro stuff it gets really hard to control. I can't correct it unless the quadcopter is quite close and i can see it.
3) The copter becomes unstable when decending. I am not sure why but i guess when descending motors have lower RPMs so the "corrective feedback" generated by PID control should be lower. It would be like having a lower P gain for descending. I am not sure the software does that, I had no time to check asm code

The worse for me is 2) right now because i'd like to go acro. I have seen people on youtube make acrobatic stuff with kk2.0 and I don't understand how they do it. I can tell I am not the only one with this problem because I have seen others speakinga about it.

For example I quote one post from the forum section of the product page (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html)

Steve said ---
Quote:
Just replaced my KK (clone) board with HK2.0 lots more stable and easier to make changes etc.

I'm having trouble tuning the Yaw, I've adjusted the gain so it wont climb/decend. But when you turn it "drops a wing" so to speak, the more stick the greater the drop. This happens in both directions and results are symetrical. which leeds me to believe its the controller and possibly the mixer (mixer settings are factory defaults).

As it apepars most people use it out of the box it seems unlikly it would be the mixer !

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Last consideration. It would be cool to have the sourcecode versioned and published at github.com
I am a software developer myself and I know how much easier would be to track changes, get contributions and so on.. I also vote for a port in plain C code.
davibe is offline Find More Posts by davibe
Last edited by davibe; Nov 24, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfred View Post
I am certainly doing something wrong as I cannot make it work at all... armed, not armed, I changed servos, tried all kind of gains and offsets and nothing works. Starting to think m7 and m8 on my board are bad.
You have to arm the board and throttle above idle for servos to work.
dr978 is offline Find More Posts by dr978
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
Falling with style
metalfred's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,336 Posts
well I guess i did not try that because it works now Thanks sir!

Another issue though, I don't know why the roll servo (m7) is moving the gimbal when I pitch up / down the hex. Any idea?
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:11 PM
BNUC-s
biggles uk's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
307 Posts
kk2 self level

Just a note to anyone that can't get self level to work on their auxiliary channel. I couldn't get this feature to work at all, i did the reciever test and it told me that the auxiliary channel was turning on and off but nothing seemed to happen when I used it in flight so I played around with the travel adjust on the auxiliary channel on my radio and bingo! seems when I was turning on the switch it wasn't turning on enough so to speak, so a quick adjustment on the travel settings and away ya go super stable and a brilliant feature
biggles uk is offline Find More Posts by biggles uk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
HeliHarry
harrym's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles uk View Post
Just a note to anyone that can't get self level to work on their auxiliary channel. I couldn't get this feature to work at all, i did the reciever test and it told me that the auxiliary channel was turning on and off but nothing seemed to happen when I used it in flight so I played around with the travel adjust on the auxiliary channel on my radio and bingo! seems when I was turning on the switch it wasn't turning on enough so to speak, so a quick adjustment on the travel settings and away ya go super stable and a brilliant feature
Are you refering to "Servo End Point adjustment"?
If yes, then what % limits did you set?
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post

No, only six fingers are needed. It was removed from the menu, since it was just instructions.

Fred
Ah... cool cool.. makes sense. 6 fingers in half a second I can manage,

Cheers.
AlxFly is offline Find More Posts by AlxFly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:09 PM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps1984 View Post
Yes i know that. But i get the constant beep at the higher voltage. Even in steady hovering.
It's just your lipo voltage sag.

Nothing unusual.

Maybe try battery with higher C rating ?
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
hallstudio's Avatar
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davibe View Post
Hi. I am writing here instead of hk forum hoping to get more help. I have a kk2.0 board. I use it on my quad copter flyduino-warthox style with 25cm arms. It's a pretty standard setup. KDA 20-26m motors, 18A Turnigy ESCs, 8x4.5 props, very light and minimal aluminum frame. I have been flying from versione 1.2 up to 1.5. I always had the same problems.

1) using yaw pretty fast makes the quadcopter climb or descend, lowering I and P gains partially solves it but then yaw gets unstable
2) again using yaw makes one arm to drop. Autolevel fixes this of course because makes the copter flat again but when I fly without it to do basic acro stuff it gets really hard to control. I can't correct it unless the quadcopter is quite close and i can see it.
3) The copter becomes unstable when decending. I am not sure why but i guess when descending motors have lower RPMs so the "corrective feedback" generated by PID control should be lower. It would be like having a lower P gain for descending. I am not sure the software does that, I had no time to check asm code

The worse for me is 2) right now because i'd like to go acro. I have seen people on youtube make acrobatic stuff with kk2.0 and I don't understand how they do it. I can tell I am not the only one with this problem because I have seen others speakinga about it.

For example I quote one post from the forum section of the product page (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html)

Steve said ---


Last consideration. It would be cool to have the sourcecode versioned and published at github.com
I am a software developer myself and I know how much easier would be to track changes, get contributions and so on.. I also vote for a port in plain C code.
i would love to know the answer to this also.
hallstudio is online now Find More Posts by hallstudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:20 PM
Registered User
jonesy40001's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davibe View Post
Hi. I am writing here instead of hk forum hoping to get more help. I have a kk2.0 board. I use it on my quad copter flyduino-warthox style with 25cm arms. It's a pretty standard setup. KDA 20-26m motors, 18A Turnigy ESCs, 8x4.5 props, very light and minimal aluminum frame. I have been flying from versione 1.2 up to 1.5. I always had the same problems.

1) using yaw pretty fast makes the quadcopter climb or descend, lowering I and P gains partially solves it but then yaw gets unstable
2) again using yaw makes one arm to drop. Autolevel fixes this of course because makes the copter flat again but when I fly without it to do basic acro stuff it gets really hard to control. I can't correct it unless the quadcopter is quite close and i can see it.
3) The copter becomes unstable when decending. I am not sure why but i guess when descending motors have lower RPMs so the "corrective feedback" generated by PID control should be lower. It would be like having a lower P gain for descending. I am not sure the software does that, I had no time to check asm code

The worse for me is 2) right now because i'd like to go acro. I have seen people on youtube make acrobatic stuff with kk2.0 and I don't understand how they do it. I can tell I am not the only one with this problem because I have seen others speakinga about it.

For example I quote one post from the forum section of the product page (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html)

Steve said ---


Last consideration. It would be cool to have the sourcecode versioned and published at github.com
I am a software developer myself and I know how much easier would be to track changes, get contributions and so on.. I also vote for a port in plain C code.
Set P and I gains at a level that makes you happy. if the air frame climbs when yawing reduce the yaw LIMITS. This will reduce the ammount of power available without reducing the amount of error correction at the set point. As for dropping a wing, that is somthing you will need to play with in the mix editor. I dont feel comfortable with that so I used a mix in my tx to slove that issue.
#3. descending through the prop wash will make even the most stable MR wobble, some more than others, so, slow your rate of descent or move the MR in any direction so it descends away from the wash.
Acro???
On page 1 or there abouts there is a vid of some dude playing with the stick scalling, use this with caution as it will make the MR become very aggresive.

Have fun.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
hallstudio's Avatar
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Set P and I gains at a level that makes you happy. if the air frame climbs when yawing reduce the yaw LIMITS. This will reduce the ammount of power available without reducing the amount of error correction at the set point. As for dropping a wing, that is somthing you will need to play with in the mix editor. I dont feel comfortable with that so I used a mix in my tx to slove that issue.
#3. descending through the prop wash will make even the most stable MR wobble, some more than others, so, slow your rate of descent or move the MR in any direction so it descends away from the wash.
Acro???
On page 1 or there abouts there is a vid of some dude playing with the stick scalling, use this with caution as it will make the MR become very aggresive.

Have fun.

Pete.
thanks and I was that dude and i never use caution..
hallstudio is online now Find More Posts by hallstudio
Last edited by hallstudio; Nov 24, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles uk View Post
Just a note to anyone that can't get self level to work on their auxiliary channel. I couldn't get this feature to work at all, i did the reciever test and it told me that the auxiliary channel was turning on and off but nothing seemed to happen when I used it in flight so I played around with the travel adjust on the auxiliary channel on my radio and bingo! seems when I was turning on the switch it wasn't turning on enough so to speak, so a quick adjustment on the travel settings and away ya go super stable and a brilliant feature
Thanks for that tip. I was having problems getting my self level to work so I'll try that.

Bit like the problems you can have with servoless retracts and travel limits.
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
HeliHarry
harrym's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Thanks for that tip. I was having problems getting my self level to work so I'll try that.
Let us know what your settings are to make it work!
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
Registered User
Dharmik's Avatar
India, Gujarat, Bharuch
Joined Nov 2011
48 Posts
I have made tutorial to set aux channel for SL. Please have a look here.
http://rcsci.blogspot.in/2012/07/kk2...nel-setup.html
Dharmik is offline Find More Posts by Dharmik
Reply With Quote