HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
"Warning: This product requires wife and/or girlfriend."

Actually I was able to do it myself, but like my girlfriend says, I'm good with my fingers...
Too much information, here, Sir.... TOO much information.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder_lander View Post
Thanks Chris, does that mean you mount the board upside down?
No, no. The stand offs you see on the bottom are just used as bolts to secure the standoff on the upside of the center plate where the KK board is mounted upright. It's just what I had on hand to work with.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Regarding my "issue" with the manual and the ESC connections configuration, the video I made is now ready to watch. Some talking at the beginning of the video followed with a night flight and ended with a crash. And that is all I have to say about that.

Best,
Chris

KK2 board on a 250 frame night flight and crash (9 min 3 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
It amazes me how he can keep a quad so well under control..
I've seen a few videos here and there but I haven't seen anyone else handle and built quads like Warthox. Does anyone have any link to videos like Warthox?
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Stone
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
No, no. The stand offs you see on the bottom are just used as bolts to secure the standoff on the upside of the center plate where the KK board is mounted upright. It's just what I had on hand to work with.

Best,
Chris
So are you mounting this above the bottom plate that has the power distribution on it? (sorry for the dumb questions!) If so how would you access the LCD interface?!
wonder_lander is offline Find More Posts by wonder_lander
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Concert pianist?
Lol! Yup!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Quote:
So are you mounting this above the bottom plate that has the power distribution on it? (sorry for the dumb questions!) If so how would you access the LCD interface?!
That one is KK 5.5 blackboard. For the KK2, you'd have to do this mod on the upper plate instead, to have easy access to the LCD.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Regarding my "issue" with the manual and the ESC connections configuration, the video I made is now ready to watch. Some talking at the beginning of the video followed with a night flight and ended with a crash. And that is all I have to say about that.

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/fPTOf8wlwyM
Cool video, you should do a day time video. Looks great, glad you got that sorted out! it happens to the best of us too
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
Quote:
When my kk2 gets here it will go on top of a dji450 so I can get to the LCD+buttons. I'm sure sooner or later there will be "lcd free" fw for more advanced users (HS has been teasing us with OA2 already); then we'll be able to tuck our kk2's away in a safer spot... free more room up there for cameras and antennae.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
the controller calibrates itself to min. throttle, while in "receiver test" I see throttle go from zero to full, you don't have PWM out while menu is active so no way to test when exactly AIL/ELEV freeze at 1.5ms, can't use fixed wing !
Are you able to arm the board and control the throttle? My KK2 is mounted on a wing with inputs and outputs connected per the instructions and I get no response on any of the servo channels. I tried switching to 2S aileron mode and tried all of the servo channels and still get no movement. There seems to be something wrong with the fixed wing software.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/fPTOf8wlwyM
The good news here is that there isn't a fault with the hardware or firmware which frankly, worried me. I didn't want that outcome, lol. Nice night flying!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p View Post
Guys please help. I cant seems to eliminate wobble, is it possible that my motor kv is too low for the frame or the prop is too big?

Quad Frame 450mm motor to motor, 750kv NTM prop drive, 10x45 prop 3s.

Thanks.
Did you try the test with the piece if string in the video on the first post of this thread to work out if it's P or I wobble?
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
159 Posts
Here is the video, please tell me what is wrong here.
Problem tuning KK2 on quadcopter (1 min 1 sec)

This time there is some wind and the quad couldn't even hover normally.
The P is at 45 and the I is at 50 for roll/pitch, all the rest are by default. I've tried lower/higher values for both, it gets worse. I can clearly see P an I oscillations and they are different from the twitches in this video. It feel like some noise to the sensors. My only input in this video is to keep the quad in the frame.

Please, I need your help, I am this close to put the board in the XAircraft drawer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolin View Post
Hi guys,

After 4 batteries, still can't tune my KK2 board. I've read all the instructions and PID tuning videos and so far I've managed to tune KK, OpenPilot CC and Crius MWC, but have problems with this one.

The problems is that it hovers well, goes up or down well and yaws with no problem, but it oscillates badly when moving in any direction (no stick input). What could be the problem?
It's a 565 quad with NTM 1200KV motors, which flies ok with Crius.
rolin is online now Find More Posts by rolin
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Sounds like BS, still awaiting mine as well ordered just as they went in to backorder on 20th.
Got dispatched on 26th.
I'm in exactly the same boat (no pun intended).
I think there's a guy somewhere in a rowing boat with a batch of KK2s bound for the UK.
Jeekay56 is offline Find More Posts by Jeekay56
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Are you able to arm the board and control the throttle? My KK2 is mounted on a wing with inputs and outputs connected per the instructions and I get no response on any of the servo channels. I tried switching to 2S aileron mode and tried all of the servo channels and still get no movement. There seems to be something wrong with the fixed wing software.
servos won't move until throttle used 1st, even if you set default "ARMED" tomorrow I'll try to fly fixed wing by feeding throttle with PWM 3pos. switch and connecting motor to receiver - not FC.
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit