to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:45 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbey71 View Post
Ok, thanks for the info, i'm still running windows xp, is this the driver that I need to download for my programmer. usbasp-windriver.2011-05-28.zip
Yes I think so.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Nice price but they want $9 to ship it to me from the local store
However if I select the normal one from the HK site they will ship it to me by air for $2.99... from China/Hong Kong lol...
So the total saving ends up to be close to zero. Crazy.
total saving... 5 bucks and it will be at my door before the weekend.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:51 AM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Heads up for all you aussies

KK2.0 only $19 in AU warehouse

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-B4E5F1936FF7

Hurry before they run out of stock

thanks for this, I was buying a few other things from the au warehouse, and the discount on this has paid for the postage
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:42 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
I've got a replacement board in for my fried KK and flashed it up to 1.5 after seeing all the excitement. Since then I've been scratching my head with the self-level behaviour on my quad.

Problem is analogous to gyro drift: the longer I fly with self-level engaged, the more it tries to pitch back, and eventually getting to the point where it overpowers my forward pitch control input. Not much fun.

Suggestions?
Does landing and rearming solve the problem and are you operating Nicole temperatures?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenharting View Post
I'm no expert but it seems to me your P limit of 100 is way to high (even thought thats the default value). I had the same problem. My tri would hover perfectly but as soon as it gained speed the front left arm would dip abruptly and then it would wobble and it would be very hard to regain control. I took the P limit way down to 15 and slowly took it up to when the problem started occuring again, which was at about 30. The rest of the settings are almost the same as you have.

Any way its something easy to test.

FWIW, my tri has 14" arms and NTM 2836 750kv motors.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will try to lower the p limit and work my way back up.
Someone else suggested ccw props. I will try that too as all mine spin the same way.
Ho-Jazz is online now Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will try to lower the p limit and work my way back up.
Someone else suggested ccw props. I will try that too as all mine spin the same way.
Unlikely at 10mph, but with some ESCs there is a big step up between 99% and 100% throttle.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:39 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
I've read all of the thread since the 1.2 firmware release but still I can't fix my issue with self leveling, it drifts hard forward.

I did esc calibration, tried different PI values than the defaults, and just now I tried changing the accelerometer offset for both pitch and roll (under self level menu). That helped but after a few seconds it would want to go forward at 10 miles an hour.

This is all with 1.5 firmware and it flys great without self-level, but I really want self level to work for me.
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:39 AM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonday View Post
I just want to clear something up for me. If I leave SL on "stick" does it automatically come on when armed (using it everytime I fly)? As opposed to changing it to "AUX", which would require me to hit the flap switch on my DX6i? I am wondering this because when I power the FC is says auto level is off (again, I have it set to "stick" right now).

If I switch it to AUX, where do I run that connection to on the kk board from the receiver? I'm using it on a tricopter.

Thanks for your help!
When on "stick":
a) If you arm the board with aileron all the way to the right it will turn SL on, and will remain on until b)

b) If you arm the board with aileron all the way left it will turn SL off, and will remain off until a)

When on "Aux" you use the fifth input on the board, the one closest to the buttons, and connect it to any available channel on the RX you choose (for example the one setup to the gear switch on the TX). Note that inputs are the pins connections on the left of the LCD, not the six pin connection at the bottom left which if for flashing firmwares
stevenharting is offline Find More Posts by stevenharting
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength View Post
I've read all of the thread since the 1.2 firmware release but still I can't fix my issue with self leveling, it drifts hard forward.

I did esc calibration, tried different PI values than the defaults, and just now I tried changing the accelerometer offset for both pitch and roll (under self level menu). That helped but after a few seconds it would want to go forward at 10 miles an hour.

This is all with 1.5 firmware and it flys great without self-level, but I really want self level to work for me.
Presuming the unit is setup correctly ( receiver test check out, motor layout correct, ... )

1) is self-leveled enabled? Should say on the safe screen.
2) reflash with 1.5 to make sure it's not corrupt
3) post a picture of the setup and describe any changes from stock you have made.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:55 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,882 Posts
Quote:

you could flash back to 1.2 (known good working firmware)and see if it works good then .if it does then you know its a fw issue .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Germany, NDS, Celle
Joined Aug 2012
39 Posts
Quote:

I trimmed my ACC-Sensor Pitch +50. After some Minutes flying outdoors my Quad started drifting forward (just slightly, not that hard as you mentioned), too.
I think in my case it was about temperature difference from inside the building +20C to outside +8C! The next day i tried it again, but now i parked my quad with Battery unplugged outside for about 5 to 10 Minutes and now i was able to fly my complete Batterypack without having Drifting Problems!

Regards Sebastian
Cyrus85 is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus85
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
I trimmed my ACC-Sensor Pitch +50. After some Minutes flying outdoors my Quad started drifting forward (just slightly, not that hard as you mentioned), too.
I think in my case it was about temperature difference from inside the building +20C to outside +8C! The next day i tried it again, but now i parked my quad with Battery unplugged outside for about 5 to 10 Minutes and now i was able to fly my complete Batterypack without having Drifting Problems!

Regards Sebastian
Landing and rearming should fix this as well.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:06 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Presuming the unit is setup correctly ( receiver test check out, motor layout correct, ... )
Yes both of those have been done. Board is facing the front of quad with buttons facing back. Motor 1 is top left, reverse prop, clockwise etc..

Quote:
1) is self-leveled enabled? Should say on the safe screen.
Yes.

Quote:
2) reflash with 1.5 to make sure it's not corrupt
I'll give it a go but the flash tool did do a verify.

Quote:
3) post a picture of the setup and describe any changes from stock you have made.
I'll post a pic soon but it is an x525 frame, 30 a plush esc, quad is x configuration, kk2 board, turnigy 9x. No cameras on it, battery looks centered.

I can't understand what could make it pitch forward like that in self level. One thing I haven't tried is to do the ACC calibration on a slope to counteract the drift. I'll try that now.
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
And redo your ESC calibration as well, that has messed me up in the past as well.