Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
THANKS @Lance.

I think it is 8 (6-8 is good for me), did not change limit.

You first need to find hoover spot then you can try finding height dampening spot,
go from 2 and bank left right and increase until no lose of height or slight going up.

HD is just little more throttle proportional to bank angle, it compensate for lose of thrust because of angle.
Awesome buddy!... I'll try that. Thanks so much.
Lancelot_link is offline Find More Posts by Lancelot_link
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:40 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
More self level stability video compilation

KK2 1.5 self level ( Autolevel ) with X666 quadcopter (2 min 19 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,745 Posts
Need a bit of advise here. Got my tricopter v2.5 going and flies pretty good.
Kk 2 v1.2. Will hover pretty good and just looking for smooth fpv flight. Problem I have is when I try to get ground speed above say 10mph the front right arm "dips" aggressively. Has not caused a crash, but I know it's not right.
Settings,
Roll Yaw
28 30
100 20
25 47
20 10
Do those seem right to you guys?
Ho-Jazz is online now Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Some high wind with quad

quadcopter X666 high wind full flight with KK2 1.5 firmware (11 min 28 sec)

and tested cam result on high wind

X666 quadcopter FPV gopro wind test with KK2 1.5 firmware (4 min 10 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Need a bit of advise here. Got my tricopter v2.5 going and flies pretty good.
Kk 2 v1.2. Will hover pretty good and just looking for smooth fpv flight. Problem I have is when I try to get ground speed above say 10mph the front right arm "dips" aggressively. Has not caused a crash, but I know it's not right.
Settings,
Roll Yaw
28 30
100 20
25 47
20 10
Do those seem right to you guys?
Have you calibrated the ESC's? As for tuning, everyone's well be different. tune it as per normal like from the tuning video on the first page.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
I'm in the final stages of configuring my first quad. I have the KK2 v1.5, Turnigy plush 25a ESC's. I just did the "throttle range setting" on the ESC's and had to set the KK2 "minimum throttle" to 10 to get all the motors to start together. If I raise the throttle just enough to get all motors to rotate (about 3 clicks) and leave it there the motor that is in the M1 position will speed up a few hundred rpm. I've tried moving all the motors to different "M" positions, but it's always the one that's in the M1 position that speeds up.

Any thoughts!
bump
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
bump
This is normal.

Do not worry about it.
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:01 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
<subaru4wd>

Why is it normal? One motor is faster than the others!
Could lead to abnormal attitude. Motors should be pretty close to being in synch.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
You forget that the KK2 is in control, not you.

If the board is not PERFECTLY level, it will try to compensate.

This will not have any effect during flight, as if one motor were to speed up and change angle, the board will send signal to all other motors to do the same.

Do your same test, then move the board and watch what the other motors do....
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
and tested cam result on high wind

http://youtu.be/Cs5WuEdx-Xw
Nice!!!
Do you mind sharing your KK2 settings as this X666 frame is popular, it'll certainly help people.
It's like you're using NTM 1250kv, right? what about your ESCs?
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2008
453 Posts
T Copters and excess tail thrust problem

Hi Guys,

I have built several tricopters/hexcopters etc using the KK2.0 board without issue.

I have now built a large T copter http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760084, and have an issue that I am unable to solve.

In T copter configuration on takeoff I find the tail want to pitch up first. This can be corrected with some down elevator and once airborn its ok.

I have my kk2 board set up as tricopter as there is no T copter option. If it was in normal tricopter configuartion the motor leverage would be equal, but in T copter the pivot point is always going to be between the front two motors.

I have tried reducing the motor mix setting for elevator but this makes little or no difference.

Also to make matter worse the lipos are in the middle of the front pod, adding to the CofG being off as well, which ideally should be in the middle of the craft, or at least more rearward!

One other question: I get little resistance to the tail pitching up when holding it and tilting/pitching by hand. This is despite a lot of messing with the Pi which is fine on aileron but offers low resistance when pitching forward. I would have thought that front motors should speed up to resist pitching? On suddenly pitching the tail down resistance thrust from the rear motor is good ?

I have also tried altering the mix settings on the kk2.0 1.2 board from as low as 10 to as high as 50 on elevator but it makes no difference ?

Any thoughts or suggestion would be appreciated

Best Regards
Nex
Nexus21214 is offline Find More Posts by Nexus21214
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus21214 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have built several tricopters/hexcopters etc using the KK2.0 board without issue.

I have now built a large T copter http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760084, and have an issue that I am unable to solve.

In T copter configuration on takeoff I find the tail want to pitch up first. This can be corrected with some down elevator and once airborn its ok.

I have my kk2 board set up as tricopter as there is no T copter option. If it was in normal tricopter configuartion the motor leverage would be equal, but in T copter the pivot point is always going to be between the front two motors.

I have tried reducing the motor mix setting for elevator but this makes little or no difference.

Also to make matter worse the lipos are in the middle of the front pod, adding to the CofG being off as well, which ideally should be in the middle of the craft, or at least more rearward!

One other question: I get little resistance to the tail pitching up when holding it and tilting/pitching by hand. This is despite a lot of messing with the Pi which is fine on aileron but offers low resistance when pitching forward. I would have thought that front motors should speed up to resist pitching? On suddenly pitching the tail down resistance thrust from the rear motor is good ?

I have also tried altering the mix settings on the kk2.0 1.2 board from as low as 10 to as high as 50 on elevator but it makes no difference ?

Any thoughts or suggestion would be appreciated

Best Regards
Nex
This happens with my V-Tail.

I attribute it to the lack of "center" of gravity.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
I use smaller props on the rear of my vtail with the multwii board, that seems to help otherwise the tail can be overpowered.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I use smaller props on the rear of my vtail with the multwii board, that seems to help otherwise the tail can be overpowered.
thought about that, but i have since become used to it and have learned to compensate. taking off in auto level mode fixes this issue for me too.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,551 Posts
@Nexus21214 is the distance between each motor the same? They need to be and the centre of thrust needs to be the same as the centre of gravity. Check out this thread for a perfectly symmetrical and balanced T copter. With no self level it takes off like a rocket, flat as a pancake, when full throttle is instantly applied.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730781
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware