Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
Thanks that's what I was looking for.

Now what about if I wanted to hook up some LED's or orientation I bought some LED's from HK and would like to plug them up. Can I use the KK2 Controller Board to hook these up?
no you need to make little wire harness or get one of these
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...stem_1pc_.html

get some JST plugs...the little red ones that normally come on smaller type(under 1000mah batts and solder it to the PDB then plug the splitter to that and run your lights out to each arm.
Or to make it easier just solder each light strip to points on your Power D board.
If you have an more questions feel free!!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759760
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352655087.921155.jpg
Views: 136
Size: 54.7 KB
Description:

I used the cheap hk ones plugged into my rx
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:34 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
Where is everyone finding screws that will fit the KK2 PCB mount holes?

A 6-32 screw is 3.2mm dia. which is just a little too big and no one in my part of the world has anything smaller. A 4-40 screw would be perfect. I might have to open up the holes in the KK, but I'll have to be very cautious because there are very tiny traces really close to a couple of the holes. My power distribution PCB also has the same size holes as the KK so I'll have to open them up too.

Loads of 3mm machine screws on ebay
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
Sad day when we lose our mothers bad enough when its old age but like that, life is not fair ( lost my son the exact same way) ................. feel for you

Jeff
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Last edited by Upup; Nov 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
My KK2 board came with a Peizo buzzer attached to a connector. Where does it plug into the board?
It is part of the battery and lost model alarm, it plugs into the top right of the board but you need to set up the battery alarm to make it effective if you are not going to wire in the alarm you may as well leave it off see the videos on the first page or search for busybee tv great instructional video on setting it up

Jeff
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:06 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Midlothian
Joined Oct 2008
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Sorry you guys, if I posted my query on the wrong thread. It's just because I have spent many hours going through some of it for my KK2 & thought some of your contributors (like SSkaug), sounded like they had the knowledge to help me out. The thread Eastcoast has directed me to seems to be only Atmel/Simon Kirby f/w related & not pertinent to the Silabs esc flashing I refer to?. Guess thats why I have spent last 4 years reading only & not posting!
dwinnd is offline Find More Posts by dwinnd
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,361 Posts
i just skim read your post that don't mean someone here wont be able to help. just figured someone over there may help ya sooner etc...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Guys still need little help calibrating my ESC's I've watched the video 30 times now. I never hear the two beeps like in the video.

my steps.
1) Full throttle turn on radio DX7
2) unplug M1
3) plug in battery
4) while holding button 1 and 4 i plug in M1 I see the boot up screen it says FW1.4 and some other stuff then a message saying throttle passthrough and the motors spin up. I never HEAR the TWO beeps.????? Any ideas?

Also I'm running 1.4fw and it says Throttel Passthrough it used to say calibrating ESC's with prior firmware??
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,528 Posts
And a brushless esc will produce this

manu

brushless phase leds (0 min 49 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Im sure I wasn't the first, but I mentioned, and use a Turnagy 30A brushed esc for LED control. I have it hooked up to Aux 2, the knob, on the DX8. that way I have dimming control. Here is a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcz0c...&feature=g-upl

20A:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9090

30A
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6468
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Just got mine today. It's loose too.
I've also noticed that there are 2 big solder pads for the bottom of the LCD on the bottom side of the PCB that are cold soldered. I'm going to re-flow them. I'll try to post a pic today.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,361 Posts
Quote:
Guys still need little help calibrating my ESC's I've watched the video 30 times now. I never hear the two beeps like in the video.

my steps.
2) unplug M1
3) plug in battery
4) while holding button 1 and 4 i plug in M1 I see the boot up screen it says FW1.4 and some other stuff then a message saying throttle passthrough and the motors spin up. I never HEAR the TWO beeps.????? Any ideas?

Also I'm running 1.4fw and it says Throttel Passthrough it used to say calibrating ESC's with prior firmware??
i have never un plugged M1. Am i missing something?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
BNUC-s
Joined Feb 2012
300 Posts
Is this too much I gain? I've got I and P set around 170 it flies great when you don't fly agressivley but when you gun it it does this.
hexcopter crash (0 min 29 sec)
biggles uk is offline Find More Posts by biggles uk
Last edited by biggles uk; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
191 Posts
Quote:

my steps.
2) unplug M1
3) plug in battery

if you make power cycles using M1 plug you just cut power to the board! You need to control the whole power from the MAIN battery... Otherwise the escs have already power much earlier...how then you are expecting from them to calibrate? Just leave everything connected and with full throttle connect the MAIN battery while holding 1&4 keys pressed... So simple

CAUTION! Better have propellers off! (or covered)
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
I've also noticed that there are 2 big solder pads for the bottom of the LCD on the bottom side of the PCB that are cold soldered. I'm going to re-flow them. I'll try to post a pic today.
I've circled the two pads that need re-flowed.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym