HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:02 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
My KK2 board came with a Peizo buzzer attached to a connector. Where does it plug into the board?
On the peizo output.

DUH!
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
There are no major electronics stores around here and RS is a joke for hardware.
I opened up the holes in the KK & power board and will use 2.5" long screws with spacers. I'll have to order some of the ones you linked to at HK. Just can't find much around here. I found out there is a nut & bolt warehouse close by so I'll try it Monday. I hate having to order stuff and wait on it. I'm doing my first scratch build quad so I'm a little low on hardware. All the hardware I have is for airplanes and I haven't flown any of my planes in years. Since I last flew the major HS closed. All that's left is Hobby Town and they don't carry much hardware.

Thanks!
RadioShack

2730 South Harvard Avenue

Tulsa, OK 74114, United States

(918) 742-5553

radioshack.com‎
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:05 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
My KK2 board came with a Peizo buzzer attached to a connector. Where does it plug into the board?
Well ill take the time to help you out seeing this is what this thread is for right?
Its hard to see how he sets the 1/10th voltage alarm, but normal LVC for a 3S is 10.5! So set it to 105 etc.

10.5/3=3.5v per cell which well give you ample time to land and not drain your batt to low!

KK2 Voltage Alarm Setup (7 min 21 sec)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 11, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mum Marty. Hang in there Buddy.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:11 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Well ill take the time to help you out seeing this is what this thread is for right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmji...hannel&list=UL
He could have found this if he just looked at the

VERY

FIRST

IN THIS

THREAD!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:14 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Now i can see why you have violated forum rules. You may want to go back and check yourself...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:16 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Forgive me for answering the same question... every week.

In fear of dragging this thread even further off-topic... i will just leave it at that.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:19 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
that's what i thought...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
also, you didnt even answer the dudes question. His question was "where do i plug the buzzer into"

"Peizo Output" The red wire is closest to the mounting hole.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:25 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
See i knew I'd get you to help him. Then he would power it up with it plugged in and come back here and ask why the F wont it show his battery voltage...then you well post yet another one liner...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 11, 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Trying to spell fan boy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Jan 2007
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
So sorry for you and your family, our thoughts are with you.
glirich is offline Find More Posts by glirich
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:31 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if your ESC's are the HK "blue" 10A ESC's and you're hoping to use the atmel Atmega Socket Firmware Tool it won't work This ESC uses a version of the chip in a smaller package. I was hoping to use it to flash mine. I have a pogo pin adapter nearly finished to connect to the pads..

cheers,
Andrew
Noooooo!
could you post or pm a how-to or pics when you're done? I want to make one too, but struggle with what to use.

@Marty: my condolences for your loss.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:36 AM
France, RA, Roche-la-Molière
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
All my condolences for the death of your mother. Lot of courage
vivazapata is offline Find More Posts by vivazapata
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
All sensors will have some degree of thermal drift, and some softwares handle that better than others. The weather has been cooling off really fast around here, and today for the first time I noticed what must have been thermal drift on my quad. To make a long story short... I had to chase the SL around using aileron and elevator trim for the first couple minutes of flight, then it stabilized and the latter half of the flight saw little or no change.

Regarding my comment on the forward SL trim issue I was having... still haven't put my finger on how or why, but the euler angles displayed on the safe page do react very slowly. I played more with my PI gains and got the tilt to almost go away, but found that I still have to play with trims during flight to keep it perfect. Just a guess... but I get the feeling that with the new fw creates an interaction where if P or I is too high, or there's some particular vibrations, it appears as if the ACC trim is off. The SL trim appeared to stabilize with lower P and I anyways. I feel the SL trim is less effective and less stable with 1.4 than it was with 1.2... I guess that's a side effect of the SL actually working LOL! Anyhow, the grass is definitely greener on the 1.4 side.

Kev

ps: I was discussing the change in SL from 1.2 to 1.4 with a local buddy who like me was used to flying 1.2. He's going back to 1.2 because he's so used to how 1.2 SL reacts when transitioning from FFF to hover... it tilts back and slows down naturally... helps you roll through turns with less jitter. That said, I'm sticking with 1.4 even though I have to relearn how to stop and turn. I just feel the "harder leveling" will make it easier for me to get nice and smooth angles on the camera. We both agree... 1.2 SL is way more 'natural feeling' for aircraft pilots and perhaps flybar heli pilots... 1.4 is more robotic which may suit those used to flybarless helis etc... and 1.4 is far better suited to AP/V FPV... 1.2 SL is better for more aggressive LOS flying (or use 1.2 or 1.4 with SL off for full aerobatic ability).
Same thoughts,
with same lowering limit in safe level you can get more like 1.2 flying, but yes for free flying 1.2 is more airplane like, 1.4 SL is stronger and faster. Both are good in same way. For starters 1.4-1.5 is easyer.
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler