HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiTora View Post
I express my gratitude and respect for the development of the great product.
On Ver1.4 and Ver1.5 FW, Link Roll Pitch canít be turned off on my kk2.
I am building the V-22 Osprey using the KK2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSpER5hqU08
In fixed-wing-mode, KK2 is bypassed with a mechanical switch to cancel the gyro control.
The fixed-wing airplane causes the chattering in high speed with the high gyro gain for low speed.
I hope that the remote gain function or the turn off the gyro control function by AUX input will be added.
I think if it will be possible, KK2 will become a great product for VTOL and 3D acrobatic airplane.
Hi, have a look at OpenAero2 for your Osprey project using the KK2.
OE2 has many more mixer options both on the RC side and the motor side.
You can also switch stability and/or autolevel on/off via a variety of methods.
Full thread over here.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWINDD View Post
Hi, I'm hoping I can get some clarification on the use of my H.K. Turnigy Usb Linker, to use to flash Turnigy Plush (6A & 30A)and AE -25A esc's, fitted with the Silabs C8051/F33x chip instead of the Atmel chip.
I have got confused/overloaded by information, limited in detail, on the pdf in the files section of the H.K. website and the many multi-page threads on esc flashing/firmwares.
Specifically, the pdf fails to explain which 3-pin cable attaches to the Linker; ( I had initially assumed it was just the esc's rx (servo type) cable and that the Silabs esc's could detect when a firmware flash was being sent instead of the normal PWM throttle pulses making it an easy task to perform)! I guess that is not the case, and now think that the Linker has to be connected to 3 of the 4 pads on the esc via a seperate servo lead from the linker soldered or clamped onto the relevant pads. Diagrams I've seen show the relevant pads circled in black,red and white and would hope that they correspond to black(-), red(+) and orange(pulse) marked on the 3 pin o/p of the Linker. Or is my original assumption correct (as the Linker markings might imply)?
Also, just to confuse me further, the PDF instructions say to download firmware from github/sim/tgy, but all of those are firmware of Simon Kirby's for Atmel chipped esc's!!! And I can't find the appropriate Silabs ones there at all(the ones in green for Silabs escs on the Rapidesc database by Tom Snow. I've found some BL-heli firmware by Steven Skaug but only for the 6A esc & not too sure if it will work with the linker and if it's mainly for Helis rather than Multis that I want it for. HELP Please
you may want to post over here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526042
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:54 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
180 Posts
Hey guys just a few questions...

with the self level trim, which way do I need to trim to make it go forward a bit more. is +ve P values correspond with forward and right, and does -ve values correspond to back and left?

also what are reasonable trim values (I tried 5 and 10 but hardly made any difference).

one more thing I took my quad up today with v1.5 and noticed that ever few seconds there was low frequency wobbles, is this my yaw I gain that I need to adjust? as I tried adjusting it but cant get rid of those infrequent low oscillations is there something else that is causing that?
ntc is offline Find More Posts by ntc
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:06 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntc View Post
Hey guys just a few questions...

with the self level trim, which way do I need to trim to make it go forward a bit more. is +ve P values correspond with forward and right, and does -ve values correspond to back and left?

also what are reasonable trim values (I tried 5 and 10 but hardly made any difference).

one more thing I took my quad up today with v1.5 and noticed that ever few seconds there was low frequency wobbles, is this my yaw I gain that I need to adjust? as I tried adjusting it but cant get rid of those infrequent low oscillations is there something else that is causing that?
yes thats right with the trim values. I also had the same issue when trying to trim out the little bit of drift in AL. I havent fine tunes it but seems
you'll need to add at least 50 points to start and see some effective trim...i got to 30 and still nothing noticeable. The last few times out was when i had like 1 nice weather day in a week, so i wasted no time/battery's messing with trimming.

the low oscillations are your I gain

To high P gain you see a high speed oscillation and to high I gain you see a lower oscillation like you are seeing now..
drop your I gain down..

I really haven't messed with my Yaw gains...i just up'd the scaling to make it more responsive to my liking

watch the video onthe first page of tuning your board
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
Why does my auto level not work that great? I've messed with the P I gains and I can't get it to level my tri. I'm running the old firmware. Do I need to update? Also does anyone have any good settings for a tri?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:33 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Why does my auto level not work that great? I've messed with the P I gains and I can't get it to level my tri. I'm running the old firmware. Do I need to update? Also does anyone have any good settings for a tri?

Surprise, surprise...

Welcome to the club... You definitely have to upgrade to Firmware v1.4.

Auto-level works awesome!
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
Where is everyone finding screws that will fit the KK2 PCB mount holes?

A 6-32 screw is 3.2mm dia. which is just a little too big and no one in my part of the world has anything smaller. A 4-40 screw would be perfect. I might have to open up the holes in the KK, but I'll have to be very cautious because there are very tiny traces really close to a couple of the holes. My power distribution PCB also has the same size holes as the KK so I'll have to open them up too.
Try your major electronics store. In Oz we have Jaycar and Dick Smith. I'm not sure if Tandy is still going in the states but most of the metal or nylon pcb stand off's have metric threads, use any length you like, I use 15mm so they are easy to reach with my fingers.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cer_10pc_.html
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Just upgraded my KK2.0 board to 1.4 I saw a couple of errors in the log. Can anyone veryify if this is normal?

Flash the firmware file.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex

C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflas htool_0.63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex:i

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9511
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0 .63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex"
avrdude.exe: writing flash (32146 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 22.75s

avrdude.exe: 32146 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\Juliana\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\KK2_1V4\KK2_1V4\kk2.hex contains 32146 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 18.35s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 32146 bytes of flash verified

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
Fidy$Trainer is online now Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:04 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Yes, i see those errors too when I flash my KK2.

Never had a problem.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:08 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Help needed. Im trying to setup my first quad. I'm using RC Timer 30A SimmonK ESC's and 1.4 FW on my KK2.0 FC. I cant seem to calibrate the ESC's in other words when I go to open throttle only two of the motors seem to spin. If I go a little higher and hit the rudder than another will spin up. I thought all 4 motors spin up at the same time? I've checked and rechked my setup. I have quad in X config. M1 CW, M2 CCW, M3 CW, M4 CCW. I have Motors 1-4 setup on FC 1-4. Anyone have any ideas?? I've been pulling my hair out. I leveled out all the trim tabs etc...I had I think elevator and aileron mixed up and had to reverse those? Any other advice?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:15 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,095 Posts
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Last edited by magic_marty; Nov 11, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:26 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
When you say you missed with it,,you mean you messed it up? what does it do when you turn on auto level? and you say old firmware? which? Don't get mislead by thinking a flash well fix your problems... cause i can tell you AL works in all FW..yes the newest may make it level out faster, bottom line is AL works on every FW.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:28 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can't no way put it in to words...
tell you mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
Sorry to hear that marty...RIP
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:35 AM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Try your major electronics store.....
There are no major electronics stores around here and RS is a joke for hardware.
I opened up the holes in the KK & power board and will use 2.5" long screws with spacers. I'll have to order some of the ones you linked to at HK. Just can't find much around here. I found out there is a nut & bolt warehouse close by so I'll try it Monday. I hate having to order stuff and wait on it. I'm doing my first scratch build quad so I'm a little low on hardware. All the hardware I have is for airplanes and I haven't flown any of my planes in years. Since I last flew the major HS closed. All that's left is Hobby Town and they don't carry much hardware.

Thanks!
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:58 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
My KK2 board came with a Peizo buzzer attached to a connector. Where does it plug into the board?