HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Hi.

Im new and i made my first quad but now there is a problem with firmware. I have KK2 boand and i install V1.5 but on the menus there in NO ESC CALIBRATION. I tried older version but it is the same.

What to do?
Thanks for reply
mertseger is offline Find More Posts by mertseger
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertseger View Post
Hi.

Im new and i made my first quad but now there is a problem with firmware. I have KK2 boand and i install V1.5 but on the menus there in NO ESC CALIBRATION. I tried older version but it is the same.

What to do?
Thanks for reply
Just do the ESC calibration like you would with 1.2, 1.3, 1.4... its all the same.

Refer to the VERY FIRST post in this thread. The one FULL of video's and guides. You'll see a video I made on ESC Calibration.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
I do this first time. There was no menu for ESC calibration on older version. I have programing card for ESC if this is OK?.

But there is no motors response if i dont make calibration of ESC?

Thanks.

p.s or i dont need this menu i just made likeon videos?
mertseger is offline Find More Posts by mertseger
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertseger View Post
I do this first time. There was no menu for ESC calibration on older version. I have programing card for ESC if this is OK?.

But there is no motors response if i dont make calibration of ESC?

Thanks.
The programming card is for Programming the ESC's.

Not for calibrating the ESC's.

Refer to your ESC owners manual, read the section on "throttle range calibration"
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Where is everyone finding screws that will fit the KK2 PCB mount holes?

A 6-32 screw is 3.2mm dia. which is just a little too big and no one in my part of the world has anything smaller. A 4-40 screw would be perfect. I might have to open up the holes in the KK, but I'll have to be very cautious because there are very tiny traces really close to a couple of the holes. My power distribution PCB also has the same size holes as the KK so I'll have to open them up too.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,341 Posts
i use 3mm screws.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
some home depots have metric sized screw... theres a aisle with drawer of different sized screw. I buy a few there but checked another homedepot and they didnt carry any..
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
<subaru4wd>

I can't find anything smaller than 6-32.
4-40 is 2.6mm and I can't find them anywhere locally longer than 1".
I'm trying not to have to order any more than I have to so I can replace hardware the same day, not a week or so.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
some home depots have metric sized screw...
Tried Home Depot and Lowes, but their stock is very limited. ACE hardware has a MUCH bigger selection, but 6-32 is as small as they have.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,341 Posts
well i cant help you any further unless you wanted me to send you some 3mm bolts.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
A little hackish, but cocktail straws fit just about perfect. Use some foam as a buffer and rubber band two corners and it will make do until the m3 stuff arrives from HK.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,341 Posts
Try Radio Shack if you need them today. Or if you have a Fry's Electronics... Fry's is where I buy all my nylon nuts & bolts.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Auto Leveling with KK2 board mounted upside down

Hello KK and all. I have the board mounted upside down on my tricopter. I did the sensors calibration with it being upside down. When I hit the auto level switch it still wants to level the tricopter upside down. How/can the board be programmed to autolevel corectly the way it is mounted? Or does it only work when is oriented with the screen facing up? I would really like to have the auto leveling working as well. Thanks!
californiaflyer is offline Find More Posts by californiaflyer
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
66 Posts
I've been flying stock firmware waiting for my programming board to come in. Updated to 1.4 (skipping 1.5, I think it's just camera gimbal support) and then got it somewhat tuned. The winds were really strong 30mph at times and I was able to fly with little effort! It did get sucked up to about 100ft and then west about 75yards. Got it back to me and landed it rough, but I didn't freak out and throw it away. It was my 5th time to take it flying and is my first RC aircraft, so that should tell you how good this update is.
JayOdom is offline Find More Posts by JayOdom
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Midlothian
Joined Oct 2008
92 Posts
Hi, I'm hoping I can get some clarification on the use of my H.K. Turnigy Usb Linker, to use to flash Turnigy Plush (6A & 30A)and AE -25A esc's, fitted with the Silabs C8051/F33x chip instead of the Atmel chip.
I have got confused/overloaded by information, limited in detail, on the pdf in the files section of the H.K. website and the many multi-page threads on esc flashing/firmwares.
Specifically, the pdf fails to explain which 3-pin cable attaches to the Linker; ( I had initially assumed it was just the esc's rx (servo type) cable and that the Silabs esc's could detect when a firmware flash was being sent instead of the normal PWM throttle pulses making it an easy task to perform)! I guess that is not the case, and now think that the Linker has to be connected to 3 of the 4 pads on the esc via a seperate servo lead from the linker soldered or clamped onto the relevant pads. Diagrams I've seen show the relevant pads circled in black,red and white and would hope that they correspond to black(-), red(+) and orange(pulse) marked on the 3 pin o/p of the Linker. Or is my original assumption correct (as the Linker markings might imply)?
Also, just to confuse me further, the PDF instructions say to download firmware from github/sim/tgy, but all of those are firmware of Simon Kirby's for Atmel chipped esc's!!! And I can't find the appropriate Silabs ones there at all(the ones in green for Silabs escs on the Rapidesc database by Tom Snow. I've found some BL-heli firmware by Steven Skaug but only for the 6A esc & not too sure if it will work with the linker and if it's mainly for Helis rather than Multis that I want it for. HELP Please
dwinnd is offline Find More Posts by dwinnd