HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
Finland, Raahe
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
I too have flown in 0 degree centigrade weather will not ill effect... Perhaps we should start indicating when we bought the board if it truly is that the newer board fair less well. Mine is from june and it is fine.
Japala is offline Find More Posts by Japala
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:04 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Any tips for first rolls \ flips with a quad ?
Having a fresh batt well help but i have when the batt as been near LVC and still did it.
90 on the stick scaling is a good number to start.

Its actually quite easy to do, i was very surprised to tell ya the truth.
I've noticed when your coming around to level off after the roll/flip when you let off your stick it well stop there.So getting the timing down well take a few. But it is easily corrected.
i just punch the thr at least 75% and ease off as i bank then once back level push the throttle os maintain a hover.

Its very cool while upside down to complete cut the throttle..kinda spooky

Ohh for the first few times i would recommend at least 20ft altitude

P.S having friends around to motivate you helps...sometimes

KK 2.0 (4 min 37 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala View Post
I too have flown in 0 degree centigrade weather will not ill effect... Perhaps we should start indicating when we bought the board if it truly is that the newer board fair less well. Mine is from june and it is fine.
My KK2.0 is from October and has no temperature issues.

I also have one KK2.0 from July, but this one has not been used at low temperatures yet.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
389 Posts
1.5 fw is amezing!!!

1.5 fw is really something special.

Yaw test
KK2 1.5 Yaw test (2 min 23 sec)

Height dampenig
KK2 1.5 height dampening ( Altitude hold) (1 min 0 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,385 Posts
My KK2 is from August.

But I live in California, so I will never know what its like to fly in below freezing weather
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Mine is from October as well. I've had it out after recalibrating everything inside again, and not had any more issues. Perhaps just a hicup of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
1.5 fw is really something special.

Yaw test
http://youtu.be/P60kfIp0Gog

Height dampenig
http://youtu.be/fDgBJsD6RIM
Nice. Guess I'll need to upgrade again.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
@subaru4wd: If you live in California and never encounter snow, then why do you drive a Subaru 4WD (I'm just guessing here)?

BTW: I drive a Subaru Outback AWD, but it is because of the long winter season.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
@subaru4wd: If you live in California and never encounter snow, then why do you drive a Subaru 4WD (I'm just guessing here)?

BTW: I drive a Subaru Outback AWD, but it is because of the long winter season.
I grew up in alaska

need I say more??

Now that I live in CA, i drive Toyota's... this nickname has just followed me around for the past 15 years.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
For the naysayers out there, some boards are more temperature sensitive to the point of being unflyable at times.

For those that are getting errors in cold, can you post the gyro and acc information from the debug menu? It might help determine if a workaround is even possible in code.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,385 Posts
Can any of you guys with cold weather issues flash the 1.2 firmware to see if this is new for 1.4+??
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:59 PM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyibox View Post
Would you guys like to having all KK2.0 firmwares & docs in Google code?

here you go : http://code.google.com/p/kk2-0/downloads/list

Feel free to comment.
Well, I changed my previous response as I discovered the latest FW is normally included on first page/first post as pointed out in the thread title, ver 1.5 still missing though..

About donation: I would rather donate via PayPal directly to Rolf, but have not found his PayPal e-mail account. I aborted my donation on your site as I did not get confirmation of recipient's account.
On a side note, quote from HobbyKing: 'Royalties paid on each item sold to Rolf R Bakke, the original designer'

/Jan
jhi is online now Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Nov 11, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
Finland, Raahe
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
If Rolf setup a paypal for donations I'm donating but like the previous poster pointed out, this forum thread is one form of a customer service. He does get money from his work via HK. I'm just sooo happy that he continues to improve on his work and not just move to new board etc. Hate when a new piece of hardware loses support from the company (or in this case from the creator). Great work man!
Japala is offline Find More Posts by Japala
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Japan
Joined Aug 2011
75 Posts
I express my gratitude and respect for the development of the great product.

On Ver1.4 and Ver1.5 FW, Link Roll Pitch can’t be turned off on my kk2.

I am building the V-22 Osprey using the KK2.

RC V-22 Osprey Hover test (1 min 23 sec)

In fixed-wing-mode, KK2 is bypassed with a mechanical switch to cancel the gyro control.

The fixed-wing airplane causes the chattering in high speed with the high gyro gain for low speed.

I hope that the remote gain function or the turn off the gyro control function by AUX input will be added.

I think if it will be possible, KK2 will become a great product for VTOL and 3D acrobatic airplane.
KeiTora is offline Find More Posts by KeiTora
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
For the naysayers out there, some boards are more temperature sensitive to the point of being unflyable at times.

For those that are getting errors in cold, can you post the gyro and acc information from the debug menu? It might help determine if a workaround is even possible in code.
my free flight board was this way ,hence why i sold it .so far no issues with my kk2.0
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,521 Posts
All sensors will have some degree of thermal drift, and some softwares handle that better than others. The weather has been cooling off really fast around here, and today for the first time I noticed what must have been thermal drift on my quad. To make a long story short... I had to chase the SL around using aileron and elevator trim for the first couple minutes of flight, then it stabilized and the latter half of the flight saw little or no change.

Regarding my comment on the forward SL trim issue I was having... still haven't put my finger on how or why, but the euler angles displayed on the safe page do react very slowly. I played more with my PI gains and got the tilt to almost go away, but found that I still have to play with trims during flight to keep it perfect. Just a guess... but I get the feeling that with the new fw creates an interaction where if P or I is too high, or there's some particular vibrations, it appears as if the ACC trim is off. The SL trim appeared to stabilize with lower P and I anyways. I feel the SL trim is less effective and less stable with 1.4 than it was with 1.2... I guess that's a side effect of the SL actually working LOL! Anyhow, the grass is definitely greener on the 1.4 side.

Kev

ps: I was discussing the change in SL from 1.2 to 1.4 with a local buddy who like me was used to flying 1.2. He's going back to 1.2 because he's so used to how 1.2 SL reacts when transitioning from FFF to hover... it tilts back and slows down naturally... helps you roll through turns with less jitter. That said, I'm sticking with 1.4 even though I have to relearn how to stop and turn. I just feel the "harder leveling" will make it easier for me to get nice and smooth angles on the camera. We both agree... 1.2 SL is way more 'natural feeling' for aircraft pilots and perhaps flybar heli pilots... 1.4 is more robotic which may suit those used to flybarless helis etc... and 1.4 is far better suited to AP/V FPV... 1.2 SL is better for more aggressive LOS flying (or use 1.2 or 1.4 with SL off for full aerobatic ability).
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Last edited by Truglodite; Nov 10, 2012 at 05:26 PM.