HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Canada, ON, Midland
Joined Jan 2012
176 Posts
I read a couple of posts that the kk2.0 board is not weather friendly.. And I have seen this myself. When just going from my warm car and walking to an indoor gym (it's was close to 0c outside don't know what that is in F) the sensors showed an error.. I armed and disarmed, didn't fix it... I had to re calibrate the sensors for it to get rid of the error...

Is there anyone here flying thier kk2.0 outside in winter weather? Is this just the nature of this board, or is something wrong? I would love to do some outside video with my quad this winter
Ayeager is offline Find More Posts by Ayeager
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayeager View Post
I read a couple of posts that the kk2.0 board is not weather friendly.. And I have seen this myself. When just going from my warm car and walking to an indoor gym (it's was close to 0c outside don't know what that is in F) the sensors showed an error.. I armed and disarmed, didn't fix it... I had to re calibrate the sensors for it to get rid of the error...

Is there anyone here flying thier kk2.0 outside in winter weather? Is this just the nature of this board, or is something wrong? I would love to do some outside video with my quad this winter
Seems like mine does the same. Took it out the night before last, and after about 2 minutes in -8 all the sensers read not ok. Guess we gotta wait till summer again.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles uk View Post
Am I right in thinking that the lower the p gain and p limit in the self level settings, the less effect your stick inputs have
yep thats what I've come to find. I like 20 and 20... slows your inputs down great when shooting with camera.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
questions, just got my 2.0 board today, been flying my tricopter RCE V2.5 on the 2.1 board.

I notice in the tricopter settings in the 2.0 board that the front two motors counter rotate, mine do not, will it still work?

Self level, is there any reason to not have it on all the time?

Do I need to flash in the tri acro firmware, or is it responsive on the factory programming?

Thanks!
Im not to sure on the prop rotation as i don't have a tri. But i would go with whats on the board..follow that. from what i gather it does not matter with a tri?

Well! about the self levelling being on all the time... it would be good for someone leaning to fly..but i can't imagine once you get the hang of it, your are going to want and actually fly the thing. In SL mode everything is null'd down. I think stock it 30P and 30I
you have a bit of control with those settings . but the less you have the less control you have. As i said in my last post i like 20 20.
No no need to flash with anything other then the firmwares that KK has put forth to us. Im still using 1.2
If you want a acro just bump your Stick scaling up to 90 pitch and 90 roll
I would highly recommend adding at least 40% expo cause its very sensitive...

Here is what i did.

While In H/R's on my TX, i set my stick scaling to 90 and 90 with 100% epa's and 40% expo on my radio.
Then i went in and toned down my AIL and ELEV L/R's to 50% and re set my expo to 10%(normal expo i like)
I assigned both to my Ail D/R's switch so i enable both with one flip.
No i can fly around in normal flight mode on L/R's then go into arco with a flip of the switch...
always remember to flip the switch before attempting a flip/roll.
I caught my self while i was inverted and still in L/R's...at 15ft i managed to flip in to acro saving my newly built quad
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:19 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
always remember to flip the switch before attempting a flip/roll.
I caught my self while i was inverted and still in L/R's...
That's why i always fly in full rate ... and very rarely engage self-level
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,535 Posts
Any tips for first rolls \ flips with a quad ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Any tips for first rolls \ flips with a quad ?
make sure your on high rates and have plenty of altitude for recovery...also i wouldn't wait to close to the end of the battery pack so you will have plenty of punch to get out of a jam if necessary...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyibox View Post
Would you guys like to having all KK2.0 firmwares & docs in Google code?

here you go : http://code.google.com/p/kk2-0/downloads/list

Feel free to comment.
nice! donated $1...
Quadrinus is offline Find More Posts by Quadrinus
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

Well, I made a recording a week ago and it took place outside in winter conditions (i.e. 0 - 3C or 32 - 37F). I noticed no problems related to the temperature difference going from inside to outside.

VC-Tricopter, KK2.0, winter (2 min 42 sec)
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
236 Posts
Quote:

Its possible, and i think this is probably same case with iMax B6 charger(needed resistors replacement) due to low(cheap) quality resistors & capacitors (too much tolerance)... If we had some schematics of the board it would be easy to change some components around the sensors(gyros) and the problem would normally be solved...
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Last edited by GSD; Nov 10, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Canada, ON, Midland
Joined Jan 2012
176 Posts
im wondering its just something as simple as the the board needs to adjust to the lower temp, and be recalibrated at that lower temp to fly ok... components expand and contract with variations in temp.. im going to try it out... going to leave my quad outside for aprox 20 mins, power it on.. check for errors. recalibrate the senors if there is an error and see if clears the issue or not...
Ayeager is offline Find More Posts by Ayeager
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrinus View Post
nice! donated $1...
Donated to whom? The only person you should donate to is Rolf Bakke.
All the KK2 versions are always easily available for download on the first post along with all the user and video guides.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
questions, just got my 2.0 board today, been flying my tricopter RCE V2.5 on the 2.1 board.

I notice in the tricopter settings in the 2.0 board that the front two motors counter rotate, mine do not, will it still work?
It will work OK - it may end up with a slight lean to one side of around 1 or 2 degrees, but it should fly without problems.

My tri has 3 identical props (it's a cheap option!)
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Donated to whom? The only person you should donate to is Rolf Bakke.
All the KK2 versions are always easily available for download on the first post along with all the user and video guides.
1.5 isn't there.

But I agree... only person who deserves any of our donations is Mr.KK himself, Rolf Bakke! I would hope the donation link used, links to his paypal.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,910 Posts
Quote:

i been taking mine from the 70 degree house right outside to 38 degrees without an issue .my free flight board didnt fare as well .coldest i have had the kk out is 38 .but i had no problems .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me