HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:03 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbey71 View Post
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the latest update out is for the kk2 with lcd screen, and also if any tutorials are available for it for newbies to the quads.
Hey the latest is 1.5 but 1.2 is what comes on the board and is great as is.
have a look on page 1 fro some great info.

Here a link to 1.5 as KK has not edited his first post to include it yet!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6371

Cheers
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:06 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
233 Posts
kapteinkuk, you are surprising us almost every day!!!... But i can still see people, to ask this, to ask the other... etc!!..

Ok guys... cann't you see it? KK is active and warm!... Just THANK him!!!.. I believe that he will reach this board at the END of hardware limits and maybe more! I am no more than 3 weeks on this section (multicopters & KK2) and i am amazingly surprised because i made the BEST decision/buy to start.. the KK2!!!

BIG THANKS to KK! (and all others who contribute like Colton!)
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:20 AM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2011
51 Posts
kk2 updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Hey the latest is 1.5 but 1.2 is what comes on the board and is great as is.
have a look on page 1 fro some great info.

Here a link to 1.5 as KK has not edited his first post to include it yet!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6371

Cheers
Thanks for the info, I believe when I receive my board, i'll fly with it a little while and get adjusted to it before I go attemping to update. Which I would probably be satisfied with the 1.2 version. thanks
jabbey71 is offline Find More Posts by jabbey71
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:46 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbey71 View Post
Thanks for the info, I believe when I receive my board, i'll fly with it a little while and get adjusted to it before I go attemping to update. Which I would probably be satisfied with the 1.2 version. thanks
Update board as soon as possible.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:47 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Ive been flying with 1.2 on a 450 quad and love it, and am now setting up a hex with 1.4, on initial test it wants to spin on the yaw axis as if the gyro is reversed. The receiver test directions show all ok, so I was wondering if there's a way to reverse a gyro direction?
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Last edited by Haych; Nov 09, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:48 AM
knows the last digit of Pi...
Joined Sep 2009
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD View Post
kapteinkuk, you are surprising us almost every day!!!... But i can still see people, to ask this, to ask the other... etc!!..

Ok guys... cann't you see it? KK is active and warm!... Just THANK him!!!.. I believe that he will reach this board at the END of hardware limits and maybe more! I am no more than 3 weeks on this section (multicopters & KK2) and i am amazingly surprised because i made the BEST decision/buy to start.. the KK2!!!

BIG THANKS to KK! (and all others who contribute like Colton!)
Well spoken/written GSD - totally agree.

I wonder what ppl sometimes seem to expect - functionality of a 1000+ USD FC at the price of a few bucks? ;-)

Big thanks KK, love your boards (and the great support of the ppl here in this thread)
nordwest is offline Find More Posts by nordwest
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:22 AM
Joined Feb 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
if you play with the height damping gains you can accomplish the same as a mix to throttle.
Q: Could you explain in detail how does the Height Dampening and Limit works?
A: "Height Dampening" in "Misc. settings" uses the Z accelerometer to dampen vertical movements caused by wind or tilting the craft. "Height D. Limit" Limits how much power available for dampening. Try 30 for the "Height Dampening" and 10 (10%) for "Height D. Limit".
So, "Height Dampening" only works with AutoLevel ON ?
pabmadi is online now Find More Posts by pabmadi
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:28 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
Ive been flying with 1.2 on a 450 quad and love it, and am now setting up a hex with 1.4, on initial test it wants to spin on the yaw axis as if the gyro is reversed. The receiver test directions show all ok, so I was wondering if there's a way to reverse a gyro direction?
Would have thought prop rotation wrong if on a Quad but Hex not sure.

Gyro reversed same as on Tricopter.

Go into Mix Editor and on Channel 4 Yaw change rate to -100 from +100 or visa versa.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:41 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabmadi View Post
So, "Height Dampening" only works with AutoLevel ON ?
No, it operates independently of self-level. It's a very basic function that takes the change in heigh as measured by change in gravity's force on the craft ( Z axis of the accelerometer ) and uses that to modulate the throttle.

EDIT: The description is also not 100% accurate. The limit is not a % value, but just a travel limit, just like the PI limits. Easiest to give an example, If AccZ = -5 and H Dampening = 30 then it would add 150 to Throttle ( neg(AccZ)*HDamp ), but you probably have a limit of 30, so it only adds 30. So HDamp is the "strength" of the modulation and HDamp limit is the "window/range" where it's most effective. This effectively fights your throttle control of the craft as well, so don't think you can just crank it up and have no side effects.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Last edited by brontide; Nov 09, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:11 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
If your motors spin the wrong direction you will have this problem. Reverse direction of all your motors and try again.

Do not perform the Gyro Reversal as if it were a tri... it will not work the same
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2008
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by partzee View Post
I finally got it to work.I don't understand why, but I had to install java 64 bit but go back to IE9 32 bit browser on a win 7 64 bit OS to get it to work.
Many thanks to all who helped me.I was just before throwing in the towel.
partzee
I sure wish I could get it to work. Do you mean your board came back to life. I still have no display but the back light works. I got another KK2 in the mail yesterday and I think I will put it on the Talon V2 that I killed and fly with 1.2 until I can get the dead board either flashed or return it for credit.

Sudsy
ssoap is offline Find More Posts by ssoap
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
How do I program auto level with my dx8 ? I have the 5th servo wire to a aux ch but what set it up to work , not that's it's that great with the 1.2 but I've heard it's better with the new firmware . Thanks and it's great fc . Waiting on a new 475 for my cc3d but I still need to get this set up 1st . It's already been flown before it was sent to me but I wasted 10hrs messing with a POS 9x now I have a NEW DX8 should be the real deal now lol thanks
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:25 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
How do I program auto level with my dx8 ? I have the 5th servo wire to a aux ch but what set it up to work , not that's it's that great with the 1.2 but I've heard it's better with the new firmware . Thanks and it's great fc . Waiting on a new 475 for my cc3d but I still need to get this set up 1st . It's already been flown before it was sent to me but I wasted 10hrs messing with a POS 9x now I have a NEW DX8 should be the real deal now lol thanks

Make sure in the the menus that AL is set to AUX and not "stick".. then in your radio Aux is flaps, so make sure your EPA's are not messed up...pull your flap switch and it should go into auto level
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
If your DX8 has a gear switch, use that channel instead on the receiver That way you just hit the gear switch on the tx. No mixing involved.

You also have to set the self level in the misc setting menu to use AUX instead of stick. The AUX setting is just a reference for the firmware. It will work on any channel connected to the pin header #5 on the KK2 board.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:31 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,358 Posts
Quote:
sounds to me like the problem wasnt the "pos 9x" but maybe a problem with the operator.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV