HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:46 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Guys,

for those with V1.5, what kind of gain values did you have to program under "cam stab settings" to get the cam to stay level ?
I've not tried it yet but I suspect it will be different for every type of gimbal and servos since linkages and movement will not be same for everyone.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:58 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I've not tried it yet but I suspect it will be different for every type of gimbal and servos since linkages and movement will not be same for everyone.
Have yet to see 1.5, but maybe KK can add a "test" screen off camera stab that activates the IMU loop and servo's only as if it were flying. I will poke at the code to see what numbers are driving the servo's. Yes, I expect the multiplier to be large since the angles will often be small.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
ztw esc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
here's a better pix of the center with the KK2, rx and levels
By the way ,what esc programmer did you used to program your ZTW ESC'S ?
Please let me know where you got it.Thanks
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x tesla one
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Cool ! Is that a home made hex frame ? What's the arm made of ? Thats a nice Hex !
no it's one of the cheap (25$) frame kits from HiModel, 600mm motor to motor aluminum arms. The tri and the quad are also HiModel frame kits along with motors and esc's.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:12 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
I upgraded to v1.4, set up all of the parameters that had been reset, and went off to fly. Worked very well, and auto-level was impressive... until it suddenly flew off at a tangent and collided with something!

THEN - I realised that I had set up all of the parameters EXCEPT the low-volts setting, and I had discharged the 2S battery until the KK2 board could no longer cope - it worked perfectly once I'd recharged the battery!

The moral of the story is - after installing new firmware that clears all the settings, don't forget the set up the low-volts alarm value...
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
I used this one and it works really good

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hing_Tool.html

I just took a hobby knife and cut a 3 sided opening around the Atmega chip and then put heat shrink tube over it to hold the cover down.

flashed with SimonK's BS N-FET V2012-09-03 in LazyZero repository under the Atmega 8 in the brushless esc listing.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Last edited by Rotorhead0207; Nov 08, 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: firmware
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:40 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
389 Posts
Who sad that multi rotors does not like wind?

KK2 likes the wind, I am not sure how other board behave on wind but with KK2 wind made it even more fun.
Wind is fun with KK2.

SIX HEXcopter weekend high wind flight part 2 (4 min 50 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:42 AM
France, RA, Roche-la-Molière
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
I use this card http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html for my 20A ZTW ESC
vivazapata is offline Find More Posts by vivazapata
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:47 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,112 Posts
BEWARE;

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I am flying a tri with V1.2. Today I loaded V1.4 and the self-level is much improved but sometimes it “locks” the model at a non-level attitude.

Here is the scenario; power up fly around everything is fine. I put the model into a slow speed bank and switch auto-level on and the model returns to level. I can do this over and over and it works as advertised. Now I do a medium speed forward flight and switch into auto-level, 5 times out of 10 the model will try to hold the nose down attitude it is in, while in auto-level I can hold back on the elevator and get into a hover but when I release the stick it drops the nose hard. If I switch out of auto-level and fly around then at slow forward speed switch it back on it levels just fine. This also happens if I am in medium speed sideward flight.

Any ideas?
I did some more testing in the still early morning air. The results were the same, even worse. On the LAST flight I did a climbing 1/2 forward flip so the model was vertical with the nose down at 60 degrees, flipped into self level. The self level held that nose down position so strong I didn't have enough stick travel to override. I tried different throttle settings to see if it would have any effect, none other than more increased forward speed. I missed the switch to release auto level and it crashed very hard at that angle. I'm looking at a few days repair.
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:53 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
BEWARE;

I did some more testing in the still early morning air. The results were the same, even worse. On the LAST flight I did a climbing 1/2 forward flip so the model was vertical with the nose down at 60 degrees, flipped into self level. The self level held that nose down position so strong I didn't have enough stick travel to override. I tried different throttle settings to see if it would have any effect, none other than more increased forward speed. I missed the switch to release auto level and it crashed very hard at that angle. I'm looking at a few days repair.
Since this does not sound like SL I will ask the stupid question, did you remember to change the mode settings so that auto-level is activated on the AUX channel? ( default is SL at arming with stick ).
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Feb 2009
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Here is version 1.5 with roll/pitch camera stabilization.

Roll servo goes to output 7 and pitch servo to output 8.

Turn it on by going to "Cam Stab Settings" screen and set the gains to a non-zero value. Start with 500. A negative value reverses servo direction. Adjust value until camera is steady.

Use the offset values to trim servo position, but keep the values close to 50% by adjusting servo linkage first.

Now I have to say that I have not tested this with an actual camera, but it should work.

This version will reset all settings to default due to changes in EEPROM usage.
This is good news for those of us looking for a reasonably priced solution to stabilizing a gimbal. I have just started setting up a KK2 as a stand alone gimbal controller with OpenAero2 on the bench and the CamStab appears to work.

If you are moving forward with additional development of the CamStab feature I know there are KK2 users that would love to see independent rc control of the gimbal pitch channel while being stabilized. Also, if it is possible to have an adjustable output rate so that the use of analogue and hi-speed digital servos can be optimized.

Thank you for your hard work. Your efforts bring joy to many.

Clear Skies,
quinn33001
quinn33001 is offline Find More Posts by quinn33001
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:08 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Since this does not sound like SL I will ask the stupid question, did you remember to change the mode settings so that auto-level is activated on the AUX channel? ( default is SL at arming with stick ).
Yes it was on the aux switch, I did many test toggeling SL and watching the model return to level.

I wonder if the model is in a steady state fall where there is no angular change or acceleration if the sensors get confused.
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Apr 2007
143 Posts
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by partzee View Post
I uninstalled all java on my pc and then installed 32 bit under IE 9 32,then installed java 64 using IE9 64.On both, using 0.63 from Lazyzero I get "unable to find path" message.partzee
I finally got it to work.I don't understand why, but I had to install java 64 bit but go back to IE9 32 bit browser on a win 7 64 bit OS to get it to work.
Many thanks to all who helped me.I was just before throwing in the towel.
partzee
partzee is offline Find More Posts by partzee
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
...ztw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
I used this one and it works really good

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hing_Tool.html

I just took a hobby knife and cut a 3 sided opening around the Atmega chip and then put heat shrink tube over it to hold the cover down.

flashed with SimonK's BS N-FET V2012-09-03 in LazyZero repository under the Atmega 8 in the brushless esc listing.
Thanks for the info....i'll check it out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
ztw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivazapata View Post
Thanks bro ! Did you flash your ztw esc's too with SimonK fw?
RCG Plus Member