HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
New guy and after reading some of theposts in here I have smoke coming out of my ears. I thought the KK2 board was easy to use. Sorta plug and play thing. I have one on the way from HK. I guess I'll see.

Tom
it is, so long as you know what you are doing.

Hope you bought a USBasp programmer too.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
It is, hook it up, do a few simple setup steps and then fly. The beauty is in simplicity. Yes, it can do more with updates, but even I was up and flying crashing in no time.
Thanks brontide. I did buy another board and a usbasp thing. Thought I'd at least give it a try. Maybe I can practice on it. The other board I got coming is the KK compatible board and the USBasp from Value Hobby. Who knows I might learn something even at my age.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
I was just wondering what's that yellow thing on them and I can't make a close-up on your pix...so that's what they are,that's a very good idea and I might try that too.Thanks ! Have a safe flight always ....
here's a better pix of the center with the KK2, rx and levels
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:25 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
175 Posts
so I just tried to flash the KK2 board with v1.5 firmware, however once I run the flashing, its says "error during writing flash" any ideas what's wrong?
I have everything disconnected from the board except for the USBASP cable.
ntc is offline Find More Posts by ntc
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:40 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
175 Posts
okay I figured it out.
if you use the v1.5 that loads with the flashing software it comes up with that error, but if you download v1.5 and then load it from that file it works. so I'll have a play around with this now.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:45 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,867 Posts
so trying to flash it using the repository does not work?
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:48 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
here's a better pix of the center with the KK2, rx and levels
Why do you have these on here?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Why do you have these on here?
if you trim the bird to fly level with the tx trims if you take off the next time with the bird at a different level you have to retrim, this way if you have it level every time you take off no trim needed. I kick the gravel, stomp on the grass what ever it takes to get the vials level then take off.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:00 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
if you trim the bird to fly level with the tx trims if you take off the next time with the bird at a different level you have to retrim,

I was taking off from a very un-even picnic table the other day...i didn't notice anything.
This was in Normal mode though...

Do you mean while in AL or normal mode?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:02 AM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
so trying to flash it using the repository does not work?
that's correct...at least it did not work for me
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,192 Posts
Quote:
if you trim the bird to fly level with the tx trims if you take off the next time with the bird at a different level you have to retrim, this way if you have it level every time you take off no trim needed. I kick the gravel, stomp on the grass what ever it takes to get the vials level then take off.
When powering up the gyros calibrate, and need to be still but not level. ACC calibration happens as a one off when you do acc / level calibration. Am I missing something??
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:06 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Here is version 1.5 with roll/pitch camera stabilization.

Roll servo goes to output 7 and pitch servo to output 8.

Turn it on by going to "Cam Stab Settings" screen and set the gains to a non-zero value. Start with 500. A negative value reverses servo direction. Adjust value until camera is steady.

Use the offset values to trim servo position, but keep the values close to 50% by adjusting servo linkage first.

Now I have to say that I have not tested this with an actual camera, but it should work.

This version will reset all settings to default due to changes in EEPROM usage.
I asked for that months ago, and you had to release it with an EEPROM change the day after I flash and configure 1.4.

Thanks,
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:10 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,192 Posts
I do my initial "Level" calibration with the copter sitting on soda bottles, under each motor, and on a level floor (floor of the average home is usually pretty close). The soda bottles are exactly the same height and eliminate landing gear from the level.
This way if you need to re-calibrate after flight testing and compensate for drift issues, run the calibration with the cap or caps of bottles loosened off by 1/2, 1, 1.5 turns etc to add some bias to the calibration.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I do my initial "Level" calibration with the copter sitting on soda bottles, under each motor, and on a level floor (floor of the average home is usually pretty close). The soda bottles are exactly the same height and eliminate landing gear from the level.
This way if you need to re-calibrate after flight testing and compensate for drift issues, run the calibration with the cap or caps of bottles loosened off by 1/2, 1, 1.5 turns etc to add some bias to the calibration.
if you notice in the pix that the levels are centered sitting on the workbench, this is still using the origional firmware V1 or whatever it was called. I don't use SL but I did notice it it's not level on take off it usually needed a few clicks of trim, take off level according to the vials no trim needed.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:31 AM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
175 Posts
hey guys I've tested it and I can say V1.5 works well, still have to fine tune the camera gimbal, and one of my servos seams to be giving jagged movements so need to replace.