HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
Kk2 board protector

....just wanna share some pix of all my KK2 BOARD PROTECTOR....after I smashed one on a bad crashed way way back,I don't fly without a board protector anymore.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangarace View Post
Has anyone been able to use the flash tool and usbasp cable to program in win8? I finally got win7 working well, but not in win8.
I am running the usbasp tool on Windows 8 Consumer Preview and to do so I had to deactivate the 'signed drivers' feature. I've heard rumors that later versions of Windows 8 will not let you do this so you'll probably be stuck until someone makes a signed driver for the usbasp programmer.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
....on my TRI

...on my TRI
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack View Post
i agree 1.2 works just fine,even better with some Abusemark Escs.

http://youtu.be/c5aw6Zz9kyw
Nice flying! It made me kinda dizzy at one point, but otherwise I'm very impressed by your skills.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Here is version 1.4
Changes:
1: SW LP-filter on the accelerometers.
2: Widened the correction limits to +-20 degrees.
3: Use accelerometer generated Euler angles instead of 3D vector generated angles for the correction check as suggested by Scolton. I think this one really did the trick.
4: Widened the vertical acceleration check to 0.5 - 1.5g.
5: It does not show the Euler angles on the safe screen until gyros has been calibrated to avoid confusion.
Updating from V1.3 to V1.4 does not change your settings.
Now it performs much better, it did not lose its UP direction at all, except for the special case of the toss test where the rotation rate exceeded the maximum that the gyros can handle. This will not happen during flight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QxAQCiF6m0
The two last clips is recovery from inverted free fall by just adding throttle from idle.
Congratulations! Nothing like a video to show how it's done.
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
OK, so after flashing my board to v1.3, it is still doing the same thing. When lifting off, my tricopter wants to flip over to the right. I got all the values to zero on the reciever test which took all of my subtrim and regular trim to do.

With the props off, the left motor (M1) spins up really fast and then at and above half thr, the other two sound to spin up to the same speed?

I put the props back on and adjusted the trims so that it almost lifts off the ground level, but when doing so, the values in the receiver test are far from zero. Is there any way to re-calibrate the receiver test so that I dont have to use all the trims to get to 0?

I am using a Spektrum dx6i with ar6200 receiver on the tricopter delrin kit from fpvmanuals with ntm28-36 750kv motors.
When you've flashed 1.3 you need to select your platform. My tri servo was maxed out and that gave me a clue. 1.3 resets everything and you need to reconfigure.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
Hex

...kk2-1.2v

HEX KK.2-1.2V MAIDEN FLIGHT-TEMPORARY SET-UP (5 min 10 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
KK2 Toss Test from KK. Don't know which firmware is loaded.

KK2 Self-level toss test (1 min 31 sec)
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, MA, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Here is version 1.4

Changes:

3: Use accelerometer generated Euler angles instead of 3D vector generated angles for the correction check as suggested by Scolton. I think this one really did the trick.

5: It does not show the Euler angles on the safe screen until gyros has been calibrated to avoid confusion.

Now it performs much better, it did not lose its UP direction at all, except for the special case of the toss test where the rotation rate exceeded the maximum that the gyros can handle. This will not happen during flight.

The two last clips is recovery from inverted free fall by just adding throttle from idle.
This is amazing. I can't wait to try it out. Tossing quadrotors could be a new sport. Thanks for the update!
scolton is offline Find More Posts by scolton
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Nice and stable copter!
It seems like you get approx. 4 minutes of hovering out of your battery. What battery are you using?
I got very short flight times (i.e. ~3 minutes) on my Y6 with 3s2700mAh. This was rather disappointing so I converted it into a tri and got more than 8 minutes on the same battery pack.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Nice and stable copter!
It seems like you get approx. 4 minutes of hovering out of your battery. What battery are you using?
I got very short flight times (i.e. ~3 minutes) on my Y6 with 3s2700mAh. This was rather disappointing so I converted it into a tri and got more than 8 minutes on the same battery pack.
On this video I was using a 3s2650 mAh and yes very dissapointed on the flight time but,I understand with 6 motors and 6 esc'c and the heavier frame with 6 arms...it killed the lipo very quick. On the 3s3000 mah ,I was getting like 7 min fully charge. I will try doing a parallel on 2 3s3000 and see how much flight time I can get....thanks for liking it...maybe I'll keep it...or maybe not.
Any pix on the tri ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
On this video I was using a 3s2650 mAh and yes very dissapointed on the flight time but,I understand with 6 motors and 6 esc'c and the heavier frame with 6 arms...it killed the lipo very quick. On the 3s3000 mah ,I was getting like 7 min fully charge. I will try doing a parallel on 2 3s3000 and see how much flight time I can get....thanks for liking it...maybe I'll keep it...or maybe not.
Any pix on the tri ?
Let me know the results if you do a test with parallel 3s3000 mAh batteries.

Here are some pictures and a video of my tri-copter:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68787338/VC-Tri%20winter.mp4
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:23 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Here is version 1.4

Changes:

Excellent job ....

I'm wandering if this toss test can be done also with DJ Naza ... I did try on a little micro 6 dof RTF quad, time ago ... but the micro control board was not smart enough ... at least micro quad (30gram of quad) don't break even falling like a stone from 3 meter high ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:41 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,545 Posts
Wow, very impressive method to start ;-)

I just returned from a very funny indoor session with my kk2.0 quad. Most fun I had flying through a Raven shocky of a friend of me.

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Here is version 1.4

Changes:

So awesome!

Don't forget to cross out:

1: Improve the Self-leveling.

on the To do list.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron