SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:30 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heniochus View Post
Thanks. Yes, motors and props are in the correct way otherwise it won't fly at all. It crashed after a few minutes of flight before I had the chance to try auto-level off. I did calibrate the sensors with the board at level. In fact I was thinking more on the adjusting on the board side, like changing pgain, igain which I know like little about?
Did you do any adjusting? Try turning your I gain to 0 first.

seeing you are learning! try not to over correct it all the time. imho thats when they get to be a handle and fly away and crash...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 02, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
look for the .cmd file that's what opens the program.
Thats what I meant, the .cmd file, but I typed .exe for some reason. When I try to open it, it says "A Java exception has occured". Has anyone had this happen to them?

I have re-downloaded and re-installed the Java Runtime Environment and the kkmulticopter flash tool. I also downloaded the usbasp driver from fischl.de, but am unsure how to check to see if it is installed correctly. I have always used Mac's so I really dont know that much about Windows.

And how do I install the libusb? Or do I even need to?

Does anyone know how to correct this so I can get flying?

I do appreciate the quick responses from everyone
krobjenk is offline Find More Posts by krobjenk
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
NW, US
Joined Mar 2007
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Did you do any adjusting? Try turning your I gain to 0 first.

seeing you are learning! try not to over correct it all the time. imho thats when they get to be a handle and fly away and crash...
No, I haven't tried any adjusting yet since I don't understand them. Everything is left at manufacture defaults. That's why I come here first trying to learn what those settings mean. But it will be weeks before I can try it again because I have to order parts, prop adapters and the booms were bend, from HK.
heniochus is offline Find More Posts by heniochus
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
Quote:
No, I haven't tried any adjusting yet since I don't understand them. Everything is left at manufacture defaults. That's why I come here first trying to learn what those settings mean. But it will be weeks before I can try it again because I have to order parts, prop adapters and the booms were bend, from HK.
ic, well that gives ya sometime to do some reading haha

post on that link i posted for any info you need.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:25 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
826 Posts
Quote:
I thought shanes new FW bumped the angle from 27 degrees to around 45 degree before the possiblity of locking up after doing some FFF with bank/yaw maneuvers?

I agree reading KK's info that doing some acro type flying it would be a possitblity of locking up!!
Yes i re read his post 2x...So fjante could you elaburate on your post?

Anyways 1.2 is working great for me. Stick scaling at 90 with 40% expo is very managable for someone who can flying the quad in noraml patterns. Then i knocked the rates down 50% with like 10% expo on the L/R's which i like for more slower "normal flight if im looking to get some shots"
Ps the KK 2.0 on th back plate pf the Q450 is wotking flawlessly. kinda protects it as well
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759760

enjoy the testing boys

hall i was wondering the other day what the "Max" scaling guys have used.
Seeing theres not alot of guys here putting theres though the pace's
What has the max you have bumped it up to?
I was thinking 120 next time out... I found 90 wasn't fast enough while trying to do a roll/flip while in FFF. She whould kinda loose momentum. Soi was thinking 120 of either dumb down my expo to 30%

Thoughts?
120 roll and 117 pitch
120 pitch was to fast for me and just the 3 points made a big difference.
i would start ar 110 and go up a point or 2 till you feel its to much.
i use 70% expo and 100% on throws.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:26 PM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Mar 2012
661 Posts
Turnigy Talon tricopter tail issue. (0 min 26 sec)

This happens intermittently, but getting more common lately. Whenever the motor cogs like this or cuts out in flight I get a "Error: no yaw input" message on the KK2 board. Is this a failing ESC or something else?

Troubleshooting helis seems easier than this tricopter so far

Running V1.3, but it's been happening on 1.2 also. I've replaced the servo lead on the ESC in case there was a break in the signal wire...checked the 3 motor wires too. When the motor cuts out in flight, it's sometimes accompanied by the tail servo going unresponsive, which is why I'm posting my question here instead of another thread. A power cycle of the KK2 and escs will get the servo back, but not alwasys the ESC.

Any ideas?
Invid is offline Find More Posts by Invid
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
Thats what I meant, the .cmd file, but I typed .exe for some reason. When I try to open it, it says "A Java exception has occured". Has anyone had this happen to them?

I have re-downloaded and re-installed the Java Runtime Environment and the kkmulticopter flash tool. I also downloaded the usbasp driver from fischl.de, but am unsure how to check to see if it is installed correctly. I have always used Mac's so I really dont know that much about Windows.

And how do I install the libusb? Or do I even need to?

Does anyone know how to correct this so I can get flying?

I do appreciate the quick responses from everyone
there is both a 32 bit and a 64 bit java and you have to know which you windows machine is and then install the correct version. When I did the install I failed as usual to read all the instructions and didn't have the Java files installed and got several error messages. Don't really remember what all they said then after getting and installing the 32 bit Jave I launched the .cmd file and it ran fine. But untill then I was scratching my head wondering what I'd done wrong. The ilbusb files should be in the folder where you downloaded the program too. At least on my machine. I also looked at the Mac folder and there are files in there but not sure what all they do. But if the error message is java exception I'd think that the error is in the Java side of your install.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:41 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,418 Posts
Its best to use the 32bit JAVA regardless if you are on a 64bit machine or not.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:45 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
912 Posts
I am The "Geezer Geek"!!!

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Last edited by Sudsy; Dec 23, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:49 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
180 Posts
Anyone using the new Turnigy Multistar ESCs?, any idea of how to calibrate throttle endpoints, the melodies on this thing don't make sense. I've tried waiting for a double beep which occurs after a series of other beeps and it completely messed up my endpoints. this is through the KK2. when I did them separately the timing was more closely matched.

Any help on these Multistar ESCs would be great!
ntc is online now Find More Posts by ntc
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:50 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3dTW...e_gdata_player

This happens intermittently, but getting more common lately. Whenever the motor cogs like this or cuts out in flight I get a "Error: no yaw input" message on the KK2 board. Is this a failing ESC or something else?

Troubleshooting helis seems easier than this tricopter so far

Running V1.3, but it's been happening on 1.2 also. I've replaced the servo lead on the ESC in case there was a break in the signal wire...checked the 3 motor wires too. When the motor cuts out in flight, it's sometimes accompanied by the tail servo going unresponsive, which is why I'm posting my question here instead of another thread. A power cycle of the KK2 and escs will get the servo back, but not alwasys the ESC.

Any ideas?
You may have damaged motor coils. If you mounted the motor with too long screws you can hit the coil/windings and that is the symptoms.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Thank you very much Kapteinkuk for your great work!!!
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:00 PM
NW, US
Joined Mar 2007
342 Posts
Quote:
ic, well that gives ya sometime to do some reading haha

post on that link i posted for any info you need.
Where is the link for the reading? I couldn't find it. Please advise. That's why I am here for. Thanks again, eastcoast.
heniochus is offline Find More Posts by heniochus
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:31 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
Quote:
Where is the link for the reading? I couldn't find it. Please advise. That's why I am here for. Thanks again, eastcoast.
you can disregard that..it was a link that i posted to my little thing i started on my blog, just somewhere to ask questions and ill try and help the best i can. it was posted like 2or3 post before that reply...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:56 PM
London, Ontario
Joined May 2006
720 Posts
Hi how do i calibrate the ESCs on my kk2 1.2v i try like the 1.0v and i get a never ending beeps when throttle is all the way up and if i move it down i does one last beep and that's that
on the screen show that is calibrating and never comes out of it

i'm going crazy here

pat.
Patrizio_g is offline Find More Posts by Patrizio_g