SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:58 AM
NW, US
Joined Mar 2007
342 Posts
Need some help here! I had my maiden flight yesterday, with this KK2 FC in X config. It kept tilting to the left, and I had to give quite a bit of right aileron to get it up a few feet. It eventually crashed. I read through the manual. It says to adjust it with trim or substrim in the tx. Well, I did preset all channels to 0 on the KK2 prior to the flight. Is this how I suppose to adjust it? And I also had the self-leveling on, and it did seem to help leveling at all. Thank you so much in advance.
heniochus is offline Find More Posts by heniochus
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:04 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
I installed the new firmware KK2_1V3 on my tricopter talon frame and it works well. It snaps back seriously quickly. It's very high strung but hey it works. Flying with this much auto level authority will take some adjustment. I think I'll be using it more as a panic button. Thank you KapteinKUK!

It does reset all your PI settings and rotor configuration as write down your settings before you flash!
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:10 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
I installed the new firmware KK2_1V3 on my tricopter talon frame and it works well. It snaps back seriously quickly. It's very high strung but hey it works. Flying with this much auto level authority will take some adjustment. I think I'll be using it more as a panic button. Thank you KapteinKUK!

It does reset all your PI settings and rotor configuration as write down your settings before you flash!
where did you get V1.3 ? i only see V1.2 as the latest.
i3dm is online now Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
one page back
dr.james is offline Find More Posts by dr.james
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:12 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5994
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:48 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Well, finally here it is: The new firmware with the improved self level
Now it snaps to level like a champ!

And I am happy I stayed on the assembly road, I feel home then
Cool Cpt CACK

May try it out, 1.2 is treating me well though

May i suggest posting your 1.3 info in the first post! Its only been a few hours and your post well get lost in the woodworks very fast...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hi there!
Tried the KK2.0 today on a quadcopter but i have a problem.
1. test: worked perfect, installing receiver and values
2. test one day later: LCD Display illuminated but no information on it, motors just making noises an little jumps, not chance to arm board. nothing i can influence...

Can someone help me? Any idea why this happend? Which part of quacopter can be damaged and why? is there a kown solution?

Thanks you very much!!
Xeonman123 is offline Find More Posts by Xeonman123
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
786 Posts
Thank you very much Kaptein,you are star,Marty
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Jan 2007
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Thank you very much Kaptein,you are star,Marty
+1 Kaptein, quite beyond me how you do it, but I/we are glad you do, thanks a lot.
glirich is offline Find More Posts by glirich
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heniochus View Post
Need some help here! I had my maiden flight yesterday, with this KK2 FC in X config. It kept tilting to the left, and I had to give quite a bit of right aileron to get it up a few feet. It eventually crashed. I read through the manual. It says to adjust it with trim or substrim in the tx. Well, I did preset all channels to 0 on the KK2 prior to the flight. Is this how I suppose to adjust it? And I also had the self-leveling on, and it did seem to help leveling at all. Thank you so much in advance.
Yes that's how you would pre trim your kk2.0 with the sub trims first so that leaves your main trim fully acessable while fine tuning while in flight.

I assume you motors and props are orientated and spinning the correct way?

Also you said you were in autolevel, did you try with out al on? How about when you calibrated the sensors? Was the board as level as possible?

Just trying to think of all the possitbitys?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:16 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
820 Posts
"During prolonged looping, flipping and high angle sport flying the KK2 may lose its bearing of the up and down direction and not keep level when self-level is turned on, especially if the KK2 experiences a temperature change since the last arming. Land and re-arm to fix this, no need to disarm first."

i wish i would have reat that.....i need some band-aids

No disrespect to the kaptin but for my type of flying i am sticking with the Shane setup. I only use the self level for video and pictures and as long as you donít do drastic maneuvers with self level on its fine. you can do a bunch of loops and rolls hit the switch and drink a coke flip it of and roll and loop. cant do that with 1.3
let me know if i am wrong for my type of flying.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:24 PM
Norway, Nordland, Saltdal
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post
"During prolonged looping, flipping and high angle sport flying the KK2 may lose its bearing of the up and down direction and not keep level when self-level is turned on, especially if the KK2 experiences a temperature change since the last arming. Land and re-arm to fix this, no need to disarm first."

No disrespect to the kaptin but for my type of flying i am sticking with the Shane setup. I only use the self level for video and pictures and as long as you don’t do drastic maneuvers with self level on its fine. you can do a bunch of loops and rolls hit the switch and drink a coke flip it of and roll and loop. cant do that with 1.3

read mr kapteins post again.

turn of self level and you can do everything you want!

Rolf, takk for ny oppdatering, dette skal testes
fjante is offline Find More Posts by fjante
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:33 PM
NW, US
Joined Mar 2007
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Yes that's how you would pre trim your kk2.0 with the sub trims first so that leaves your main trim fully acessable while fine tuning while in flight.

I assume you motors and props are orientated and spinning the correct way?

Also you said you were in autolevel, did you try with out al on? How about when you calibrated the sensors? Was the board as level as possible?

Just trying to think of all the possitbitys?
Thanks. Yes, motors and props are in the correct way otherwise it won't fly at all. It crashed after a few minutes of flight before I had the chance to try auto-level off. I did calibrate the sensors with the board at level. In fact I was thinking more on the adjusting on the board side, like changing pgain, igain which I know like little about?
heniochus is offline Find More Posts by heniochus
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:26 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post

No disrespect to the kaptin but for my type of flying i am sticking with the Shane setup. I only use the self level for video and pictures and as long as you don’t do drastic maneuvers with self level on its fine. you can do a bunch of loops and rolls hit the switch and drink a coke flip it of and roll and loop. cant do that with 1.3
I thought shanes new FW bumped the angle from 27 degrees to around 45 degree before the possiblity of locking up after doing some FFF with bank/yaw maneuvers?

I agree reading KK's info that doing some acro type flying it would be a possitblity of locking up!!
Yes i re read his post 2x...So fjante could you elaburate on your post?

Anyways 1.2 is working great for me. Stick scaling at 90 with 40% expo is very managable for someone who can flying the quad in noraml patterns. Then i knocked the rates down 50% with like 10% expo on the L/R's which i like for more slower "normal flight if im looking to get some shots"
Ps the KK 2.0 on th back plate pf the Q450 is wotking flawlessly. kinda protects it as well
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759760

enjoy the testing boys

hall i was wondering the other day what the "Max" scaling guys have used.
Seeing theres not alot of guys here putting theres though the pace's
What has the max you have bumped it up to?
I was thinking 120 next time out... I found 90 wasn't fast enough while trying to do a roll/flip while in FFF. She whould kinda loose momentum. Soi was thinking 120 of either dumb down my expo to 30%

Thoughts?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Nov 02, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:30 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glirich View Post
+1 Kaptein, quite beyond me how you do it, but I/we are glad you do, thanks a lot.
+2 !! I'm looking forward to trying it!
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster