HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
i did this exactly and still trying to tip to the right. With the props off it sounds like the other two motors spin up to the same speed above half throttle. I did have to use all the sub trim and regular trim to get the values to zero on the receiver test. Could that be what is making it try to tip? Or could it be something else like the board itself?
If you have the USBasp programmer, i would suggest flashing 1.2 again. I had this happen to my Tricopter after upgrading from 1.0 to 1.2. I had to flash 1.2 over again because my tricopter would refuse to take off... it would immediately flip over onto its face.

After flashing 1.2 for the 2nd time... i made sure the proper motor layout was loaded, and was able to fly with default PI values.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
i did this exactly and still trying to tip to the right. With the props off it sounds like the other two motors spin up to the same speed above half throttle. I did have to use all the sub trim and regular trim to get the values to zero on the receiver test. Could that be what is making it try to tip? Or could it be something else like the board itself?
how about reversed gyros?... usually its that or something plugged in wrong...
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
St450 upside down motors

ST450 + KK2.0...UPSIDE DOWN MOTORS (5 min 43 sec)
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Very nice! I think your P is too high.
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
These setting you have now ,are they what you came to after tuning your P and I gain in the proper manner?
It could be just your movements of your Thr stick? Trying tuning like posted in the First page and check out the tuning video.

In a Nut shell

Turn your Hight damp and limit to 0 for tuning...

Turn your I gain to 0

Bring your P gain up 5-10 points at a time until your see the fast oscillation. Once you do, back it off until it smooths out.
Then start bringing your I gain up.Seeing you are at 0 start at 50%of what your P gain is. Then same as before start up'in ituntil you see the oscillation. But this time it is a slower, more like a wobble lol

So once there, back it off as you did with the P gain.

Then you can set your Height damp and Limit back to how you like.

That should workout the prob you are seeing ,unless it is your Throttle movements.
Video may help ;0)
Thanks, yes I have tuned by following relevant videos, I cant actually get it to oscillate but when the P gain is very high it becomes abnormal to fly. Bounces on landing also is a sign.

I tried zero damping settings as well as a softer throttle curve in center stick, smaller props and 4 cell battery. Not sure what helped but in zero wind last night I couldn't replicate the surging. I don't believe its my throttle input as I can comfortably hold height until it surges and I have to reduce throttle to compensate. After all other changes I even set height damping settings back to 10/10 and it didn't surge...

Its like the wind is affecting the accelerometers or something, still not sure why, but in calm conditions it seems quite OK.

Will have to do some more testing I guess... If it continues to give me grief, I will make a video.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
St450

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyibox View Post
Very nice! I think your P is too high.
Thanks....that kk2.0 board screen is busted and can't make any tuning to it anymore...got it into a bad crashed way way back.Screen is lighted but can't see anything.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Thanks....that kk2.0 board screen is busted and can't make any tuning to it anymore...got it into a bad crashed way way back.Screen is lighted but can't see anything.
The use the NOLCD modified FW. You can then use a computer to set PI values.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,897 Posts
My pezio Buzzer will not shut up! I adjusted the voltage alarm to 0 volts and it still beeps like crazy unless it is in the menu mode. Then it just beeps to confirm button press.

Any suggestions?
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeworm View Post
My pezio Buzzer will not shut up! I adjusted the voltage alarm to 0 volts and it still beeps like crazy unless it is in the menu mode. Then it just beeps to confirm button press.

Any suggestions?
Does the voltage display in the SAFE screen depict the actual voltage on the battery?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,897 Posts
Yes it does.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:20 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,359 Posts
Does the buzzer stop when you disconnect the battery from the KK2's voltage sensor?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:22 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoap View Post
I had this problem. NOT ALL ORANGE RECEIVERS ARE FAILSAFE EQUIPED. Look at the HK site and you will see a 7 channel Orange receiver that clearly states "with Failsafe". The others do not have the feature. Also the low end Spektrum (3000 series I think) Park Flyer receivers don't have failsafe. The only Spectrum receiver I have with Failsafe is the 7000 (maybe 4000) model with the remote receiver. It came with my transmitter.

I also don't see it mentioned here too often and I didn't realize I could ""SAFE" the KK2 (and the KK v3) by simply moving the rudder full left at idle. I have had a quad with all the props on go full throttle after I decided to see what would happen if I turned the transmitter off. I was of course holding the quad over my head. It takes a few seconds for the throttle to go back to idle after you turn the transmitter back on.

I suggest everyone try this on their models. I can't imagine watching my quad disappear into the sky on a failure. Or have it jump up in your face after landing because you bumped the throttle while walking with your transmitter on a strap.

Sudsy
Dont know about orangerx receivers, i use Spektrum receivers AR500, AR6100(park flyer) , AR6200, AR8000 all with failsafe.
Spektrum 3000 series has also failsafe.
For indoor i use RA51E spektrum clone from HK (not available anymore) and has failsafe.

i agree with you: everyone try this on their models if failsave is working properly.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Oct 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,897 Posts
I dont know, I hard wired the lnk from the KK2 to the battery harness. I would have to splice in a connector to try it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
To all peeps asking if KK2 board can be used in traditional helicopter with CCPM as flybarless stabilizer? The answer is YES, I've got KK2 v.1.2 and manage to set it up on my 450 heli, just waiting for the weather to calm down to test it. Here's a little vid if you're interested.
Stock KK2 Board (ver. 1.2) with Trex 450 (2 min 25 sec)

I haven't converted mine to flybarless, I need to change the servos to cope with the demanding load in swashplate, also changing servo in trex is not that easy.
flyingGid is offline Find More Posts by flyingGid
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
The use the NOLCD modified FW. You can then use a computer to set PI values.
i didn't know about that.
Link?
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox