HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:27 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Hello,

Could someone explain what is the situation with SELF-LEVELING. Will it work fine 1.2FW? Or do I have to wait newer firmware?

When I put self-leveling on, can I control my copter just like in the normal mode?

Is height dampening -adjust available in normal mode, or only self-leveling?

Thanks.
Suomineiti is offline Find More Posts by Suomineiti
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:33 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomineiti View Post
Hello,

Could someone explain what is the situation with SELF-LEVELING. Will it work fine 1.2FW? Or do I have to wait newer firmware?
No it works Fine stock firmware!

When I put self-levelling on, can I control my copter just like in the normal mode?
Yes, the higher the P and I in self level the more control you have.I like 20 and 20

Is height dampening -adjust available in normal mode, or only self-leveling?

Thanks.
Not sure about your last question.. I've never banked or made a full circuits in SL mode... just hovered around...so i cant really see Hight dampening being any use in SL mode...?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Not sure about your last question.. I've never banked or made a full circuits in SL mode... just hovered around...so i cant really see Hight dampening being any use in SL mode...?
I think that HD would be good to my copter because it attempt to fall when Im touching the stick in normal mode.

Do I have to leave I gain and I limit to ZERO in self-leveling settings?
Suomineiti is offline Find More Posts by Suomineiti
Last edited by Suomineiti; Oct 30, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
I am running Turnigy Plush 25a esc's
NTM 28-36 750kv
APC 10x4.7 props
Spektrum DX6i with AR6200 reciever

This may have already been answered but...

I am trying to set up my tricopter with the kk2 and every time I try to lift off it immediately tries to flip over to the right. I have done a factory reset on the board and re-calibrated the board to my esc's and calibrated my esc's with the Turnigy Programming Card and they are all on the same settings. I have gotten all the values to zero in the receiver test, have not messed with any of the P or I values. I have loaded the tri profile and the motors and props are all doing what theyre supposed to be doing.

When I throttle up, it immediately wants to tip over to the right. The left motor (M1) is spinning way faster than the others. I have checked and re-checked the wires going to the right places from the RX to the FC and I'm 99% sure they're right.

This is very frustrating and any help getting this bird in the air would be greatly appreciated
krobjenk is offline Find More Posts by krobjenk
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
I am running Turnigy Plush 25a esc's
NTM 28-36 750kv
APC 10x4.7 props
Spektrum DX6i with AR6200 reciever

This may have already been answered but...

I am trying to set up my tricopter with the kk2 and every time I try to lift off it immediately tries to flip over to the right. I have done a factory reset on the board and re-calibrated the board to my esc's and calibrated my esc's with the Turnigy Programming Card and they are all on the same settings. I have gotten all the values to zero in the receiver test, have not messed with any of the P or I values. I have loaded the tri profile and the motors and props are all doing what theyre supposed to be doing.

When I throttle up, it immediately wants to tip over to the right. The left motor (M1) is spinning way faster than the others. I have checked and re-checked the wires going to the right places from the RX to the FC and I'm 99% sure they're right.

This is very frustrating and any help getting this bird in the air would be greatly appreciated

I had the same issue with my tricopter and KK2 during my first attempt of taking off.

This is what I did to resolve the flipping:
1) Reset the board to factory settings
2) Load the motor layout first of the multicopter before configuring any of the settings.
3) Calibrate ESCs via KK2

I didn't do this when I first installed the KK2 board. I started messing with P/I Limit and Gain settings before I loaded the motor layout. This could have contributed to the issues I experienced with the KK2 board.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Got my KK2 board and am planning to put this on my Trex 450 as flybarless stabilizer, also it has the benefit of auto level... well in Theory... Anyone done this with KK2 board?
flyingGid is offline Find More Posts by flyingGid
Last edited by flyingGid; Oct 30, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:24 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,238 Posts
@flyingGid,
Yep, also on a Trex450 SE, but I got stuck on vibrations causing resonances through the gyros, with ugly results on the swashplate.
KK:s firmware is not really suited for a CCPM Heli either, but HappySundays OpenAero2, with fully flexible output mixers will do the job nicely.

/J
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
@JNJO - Last night I actually put it in the heli and by using the Tricopter configuration it work like CCPM. After setting up the correct direction of all servos everything seems working fine, exactly like my other expensive flybarless electronics. I haven't test it flying though, weather here in southern England is crap at the moment and I don't want to risk testing it inside the house.
Last edited by flyingGid; Oct 30, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,238 Posts
@flyingGid,
Yes, I saw the same thing with KK FW.
But if I remember correctly all outputs stopped when the throttle went low. Not much of a problem in a heli, but still. Open Aero2 does not care about the throttle, as it is designed for fixed wing aircraft.

I'll be happy to help if you need any more info. Might start on that project again myself.

Edit:Just saw that there is another guy on the OpenAero2 thread that is trying the same.

/J
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Last edited by JNJO; Oct 30, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
@JNJO - My throttle is still directly from channel 3 of my receiver, I put the pitch (ch6) as throttle to KK board. and from there I can set the idle up and adjust the pitch limit so it won't go to the bottom which cause all the control stop. I'll post a vid if ever I made it fly successfully
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Greece, Makedonia Thraki, Nikiti
Joined Dec 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex View Post
Here a flight video of my KK2.0 with HK DJI PCB frame i hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWMO9Fkkmw
Great quad! Nice Flight!
Can You please share the setup with us, and your settings?

Thank you in advance!
lakis21 is offline Find More Posts by lakis21
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
51 Posts
i have problem

i connect battery i arm it i fly than i unarm it and i got error no pitch input

if i disconnect batery and connect it again all its fine untill i unarm my hexa

can anybody help me thanks
zokizo is offline Find More Posts by zokizo
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo View Post
i have problem

i connect battery i arm it i fly than i unarm it and i got error no pitch input

Check that you do no have a loose connection on your Pitch servo wire

If i disconnect battery and connect it again all its fine untill i unarm my hexa

can anybody help me thanks
After you disarm it, can you re arm it and fly? Do you only see (No Pitch Input) when disarmed?

I'm just shooting in the dark here...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
St450 hybrid ?

...just wanna share some pix on my ST450 with motors installed the other way around...flys really good.

I will upload a flying video on it soon..thanks
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 30, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
I had the same issue with my tricopter and KK2 during my first attempt of taking off.

This is what I did to resolve the flipping:
1) Reset the board to factory settings
2) Load the motor layout first of the multicopter before configuring any of the settings.
3) Calibrate ESCs via KK2

I didn't do this when I first installed the KK2 board. I started messing with P/I Limit and Gain settings before I loaded the motor layout. This could have contributed to the issues I experienced with the KK2 board.
i did this exactly and still trying to tip to the right. With the props off it sounds like the other two motors spin up to the same speed above half throttle. I did have to use all the sub trim and regular trim to get the values to zero on the receiver test. Could that be what is making it try to tip? Or could it be something else like the board itself?
krobjenk is offline Find More Posts by krobjenk