Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Your back you haven't been on in a while I missed you
The KK2.0 is boooring

Unless Mr. KK come back here and make some magic ...

Read his posts is always quite interesting ...

I may transform one of my KK2.0 into a little digital OSC ... but ... too lazy for do coding on my spare time ... maybe HappySunday can do it for us .... who knows

My problem is that I got too many RC toy to experiments .... click on pay pal is too fast compared to do the rest

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:05 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Pilot View Post
Took your advice and reset model profile on radio as well as did a rebind, this fixed the full throttle issue.

Thanks for your advice

I was using a HobbyKing Orange RX6 channel receiver.
For Spektrum receivers:
You bind your receiver first then you make changes to transmitter settings ( like reverse changes , servo travel changes , etc), so you should always after changing settings on DX6i for your model rebind your receiver so the fail save of the receiver knows the proper new settings !!
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:19 PM
Mex
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2007
115 Posts
Here a flight video of my KK2.0 with HK DJI PCB frame i hope you like it

Hobbyking KK2.0 LCD No tutorial No how-to No fpv Just Flying with HK DJI Frame (4 min 13 sec)
Mex is offline Find More Posts by Mex
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,272 Posts
Stay safe east coast!!!

To all in the East Coast, stay safe! Keep those KK2 boards nice and dry at home.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
To all in the East Coast, stay safe! Keep those KK2 boards nice and dry at home.
Good thing my quad is acting funny, might be tempted to see how it flies in 40mpg gusts
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Just watchin some live news on the telly, looks like you guys are coppin a floggin.... Stay safe.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
For Spektrum receivers:
You bind your receiver first then you make changes to transmitter settings ( like reverse changes , servo travel changes , etc), so you should always after changing settings on DX6i for your model rebind your receiver so the fail save of the receiver knows the proper new settings !!
I had this problem. NOT ALL ORANGE RECEIVERS ARE FAILSAFE EQUIPED. Look at the HK site and you will see a 7 channel Orange receiver that clearly states "with Failsafe". The others do not have the feature. Also the low end Spektrum (3000 series I think) Park Flyer receivers don't have failsafe. The only Spectrum receiver I have with Failsafe is the 7000 (maybe 4000) model with the remote receiver. It came with my transmitter.

I also don't see it mentioned here too often and I didn't realize I could ""SAFE" the KK2 (and the KK v3) by simply moving the rudder full left at idle. I have had a quad with all the props on go full throttle after I decided to see what would happen if I turned the transmitter off. I was of course holding the quad over my head. It takes a few seconds for the throttle to go back to idle after you turn the transmitter back on.

I suggest everyone try this on their models. I can't imagine watching my quad disappear into the sky on a failure. Or have it jump up in your face after landing because you bumped the throttle while walking with your transmitter on a strap.

Sudsy
ssoap is offline Find More Posts by ssoap
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
The KK2.0 is boooring

Unless Mr. KK come back here and make some magic ...

Read his posts is always quite interesting ...

I may transform one of my KK2.0 into a little digital OSC ... but ... too lazy for do coding on my spare time ... maybe HappySunday can do it for us .... who knows

My problem is that I got too many RC toy to experiments .... click on pay pal is too fast compared to do the rest

Tchuss

e_lm_70
He did you didn't see
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Nice flying there MEX
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:54 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
New to the whole multi-copter scene. Bought the kk2 FC.....now much reading to do
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:42 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

If you really need to know how they work, try the link.....happy reading
Thanks for the info.. i have already seen this.. maybe it would be more interesting to see how this method is used on multicopters.. (which parameter reads what sensor.. etc...)
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:17 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
Im fairly new to the KK2, but I have flashed it and it flies OK, I am trying to tune it now and notice that when hovering say 4-5 feet high, it sometimes surges and thus climbs, it seems to not sit at the same level for long. Drift seems not so much an issue as the surging...

Is this settings, or vibrations (either in props or FC) or something else maybe? Currently I have "P"75/100 "I"40/40 Height damp 10/10 no auto level not used (on aux- switched off)

Flying a SM450 quad
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:35 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
Im fairly new to the KK2, but I have flashed it and it flies OK, I am trying to tune it now and notice that when hovering say 4-5 feet high, it sometimes surges and thus climbs, it seems to not sit at the same level for long. Drift seems not so much an issue as the surging...

Is this settings, or vibrations (either in props or FC) or something else maybe? Currently I have "P"75/100 "I"40/40 Height damp 10/10 no auto level not used (on aux- switched off)

Flying a SM450 quad
This happening because of height damp values... at least this happens to mine... and noticed that happens if you put sudden yaw input! Try to alter these values to get better results.. i am thinking also to adjust my TX throttle curve to find a better 'sweet spot' for stable height...
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Last edited by GSD; Oct 30, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:46 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
These setting you have now ,are they what you came to after tuning your P and I gain in the proper manner?
It could be just your movements of your Thr stick? Trying tuning like posted in the First page and check out the tuning video.

In a Nut shell

Turn your Hight damp and limit to 0 for tuning...

Turn your I gain to 0

Bring your P gain up 5-10 points at a time until your see the fast oscillation. Once you do, back it off until it smooths out.
Then start bringing your I gain up.Seeing you are at 0 start at 50%of what your P gain is. Then same as before start up'in ituntil you see the oscillation. But this time it is a slower, more like a wobble lol

So once there, back it off as you did with the P gain.

Then you can set your Height damp and Limit back to how you like.

That should workout the prob you are seeing ,unless it is your Throttle movements.
Video may help ;0)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member