SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:52 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Pilot View Post
Took your advice and reset model profile on radio as well as did a rebind, this fixed the full throttle issue.

Thanks for your advice

I was using a HobbyKing Orange RX6 channel receiver.
awesome thats great news!!

Cheers

I use OrangeRX's too
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:26 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
232 Posts
Just read Shane's Colton blog about acc mod.. What would you recommend? Is this version now work "safe" for you? Also what are these speed controllers that Shane uses? They seem custom...
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:35 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD View Post
Just read Shane's Colton blog about acc mod.. What would you recommend? Is this version now work "safe" for you? Also what are these speed controllers that Shane uses? They seem custom...
Seems his new version works. I had Prob's with his first FW. But seeing i acro mine stick scaling at 90 for H/R's
i would be over the angle limit of 45 degrees? when flying my style...
So more then likely my bird will lock out the next time i pop the AL switch...so i could not be bothered...

KK's firmware1.2 is great as is...

I've started a little thing on my Blog...slowly adding stuff like my settings and talks about the board
Was going to do a run down.video of my set up tonight, but got bogged down with reading FPV material lol

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759760
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 28, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:05 AM
India, Gujarat, Bharuch
Joined Nov 2011
48 Posts
QuadRotor - Situation
It was a critical situation at the end, i was so
involved and didn't noticed that battery ran out of
juice. It landed hard on the ground. No damage.
Also see fast forward, dust cloud and some close
call.
QuadRotor - Situation (3 min 47 sec)
Dharmik is offline Find More Posts by Dharmik
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Apr 2004
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I have been shocked when I read you did decide to abandon ASM for go to C

C is excellent for computer, but not for micro devices, which timing is extremely important

I had some experience with atmel chips and avr studio ... but in my opinion once you get familiar with asm, coding in asm is faster and more efficient
I made a lot of projects with AVR CPUs using ASM and C. My toolchain is WINAVR handled by AVRStudio4.

Meanwhile C isn't so bad compared to ASM as you say. The problem is that you can write software that is slow in speed and large in size.

There is a need to go deeper into the compiler properties. If you control the ASM-output of the compiler and look for unwanted LIBs, like float lib, or control the way of bit manipulation ... and so on, you will find a way to produce small and fast code.
quax is offline Find More Posts by quax
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJCook View Post
Thanx for that effort. You have explained why my SS ESC's have issues.
Rob
Which problems do you have? The main problems with the SS ones, are timing problems (FET's shorting the battery) and problems with high refresh rates. None of these are related to the BEC.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Jun 2007
57 Posts
Guys , this is my first quad build with a kk v2 ..here is the maiden video with most of the settings on default..kindly let me know if any further change is required in the gains judging by the hover.The only issue i have is with drift i have to be on the sticks all the time otherwise it tends to drift either lateraly or vertically.Its quite sensitive on every click of throttle stick on mid stick .

quad maiden (1 min 26 sec)

My setup

Bl 24 g 1500 kv x4
Prop 8x4.5
Lipo 11.1 mah 20 c
FCB KKv2.0
Esc Turnigy Multistar 20 amp x 4
AUW 525g
emeraude is offline Find More Posts by emeraude
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:38 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
To deal with drift you are going to have to trim it out.
What type of radio are you using, u say "every click of throttle" does it have the ratchet style throttle?
have you made sure in your reciver test that all axis are set to zero? In tour sub trim menu?
If so and it is still drifting, open the sub trim menu and trim her out. I'm mobil and well watch your video later
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Actully just watched the vid looks good. Looks like you have a small bit of high oscillation , so back your P gain down 5 and re test. Then start bringing up you I gain till you see slow oscillations then once there back it off till it smooths out. Once you have that you'll notice you stick inputs well feel crisper?

Looks like yours is very close to being trimmed. You need to let off the stick for like 2 sec see what way it wants to drift then trim it out. You well never get this or any kk to hover with out drift...period
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Ok, I feel like I'm going crazy.

Crash and broke some props this morning, nothing unusual, but after putting it back together it's barely flying. The most obvious problem is that it won't yaw left, but the motors respond as they should on directional changes. I've gone back to square one and reprogrammed and recalibrating each ESC and the problem persists. When attempting to yaw right m1 will spin faster and faster, but m3 will not even though on aileron left it will speed up as normal.

Any ideas?

Mixer editor is normal, motor layout is as expected, receiver check is normal, and sensor test is normal.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Last edited by brontide; Oct 28, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
KK 2 board set up

can anyone explain the abreviations used in setting a quad copter control board
such as "PI" - "I" etc.and so on. I am very new at this and would like to see a more detailed user manual for "newbies" Chinese manuals seem to be written
in a strange way.
Tnx for reading
rotorolly
rotorolly is offline Find More Posts by rotorolly
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
did you switch M1 with M3 to see if the Prob follows the motor?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:40 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorolly View Post
Chinese manuals seem to be written
in a strange way.
yea its called Chinglish...

As for the info, i have no idea what the P stands for neither the I..but i do know how to Properly tune it....I think! haha
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Jun 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Actully just watched the vid looks good. Looks like you have a small bit of high oscillation , so back your P gain down 5 and re test. Then start bringing up you I gain till you see slow oscillations then once there back it off till it smooths out. Once you have that you'll notice you stick inputs well feel crisper?

Looks like yours is very close to being trimmed. You need to let off the stick for like 2 sec see what way it wants to drift then trim it out. You well never get this or any kk to hover with out drift...period
Thanks for the info.I am using Hitec Eclipse 7 ,the trims are all zeroed out on the kk .As you mentioned ill give it try by reducing all p gains by 5 . and increasing i

I read somewhere p is the proportional gain and i is integral gain

"
In a PI loop:
- P is the correction rate for the current deviation from the setpoint
- I is the correction for slow drift over time "
emeraude is offline Find More Posts by emeraude
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:56 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
I think you would be proud of me Mikey.
This morning I flew 2 4400 batteries without AL. I finally got the nerv to play with the board settings a little more and I think it is "dialed in" Flights were only interuped by short stops to reduce P gains then off again, only regret is I didn't take a camera with me. Confidence is high now..... definatly time to chash...LOL

Pete.
Hi
A few years ago when starting with helis i found this training documents to learn flying them. I've picked them up again this days learning to fly my hexa. There is always something to pick up again even if you've been flying for some time.
I've had a one year break som a little has left my head.

J
Ramnes is online now Find More Posts by Ramnes