SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Last edited by Dirt-Torpedo; Oct 26, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Hey, What do you use AHRS to represent? I know it as Attitude Heading Reference System. (real airplanes)

Sudsy
Hi Sudsy, It is the same system. I am going to use the roll and pitch output from a AHRS algorithm to make the self-level work in all attitudes.

To the others: Thanks for the C tips, but for now I will continue with assembly.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Pi....d?

Hey Guys.
I asked the question some time ago with no reply so I'll ask again. Is it possible to add the "D" to the PI loop in the firmware for the KK2 or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Was your Entire flight with AL on?
I think you would be proud of me Mikey.
This morning I flew 2 4400 batteries without AL. I finally got the nerv to play with the board settings a little more and I think it is "dialed in" Flights were only interuped by short stops to reduce P gains then off again, only regret is I didn't take a camera with me. Confidence is high now..... definatly time to chash...LOL

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:48 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
I think you would be proud of me Mikey.
This morning I flew 2 4400 batteries without AL. I finally got the nerv to play with the board settings a little more and I think it is "dialed in" Flights were only interuped by short stops to reduce P gains then off again, only regret is I didn't take a camera with me. Confidence is high now..... definatly time to chash...LOL

Pete.
Thats awesome Petey. yea crashing is all a part of it. But pushing your limits is what well make you better
just have fun!
What i did when i was first learning. was hover hover and hover...once i burned mabie 10-15 packs.Then i started staffing left to right and forward then back toward myself. Always keeping (what hili guys call "Tail In") the back of the quad closest to you. over time start banking your Yaw while strafing left and right nest thing you know you are doing oval and figure 8 patterns. Heres a little tip "Pull sticks apart, push sticks together. Just like Knife edges and 4 point rolls on Planes...

This is where Hight damping well help you. I've mentioned it a few times now, But when banking a rotor craft, either single of muti, there is no real aero dynamics and the tendicy to loose alt is normal. What you do is give throttle to maintain it. So when you bank your Quadin a turn you have to give Throttle, pull back on the stick Pitch/elev and use your Yar/rudder to coordinated the turn. High damp from what i gather does the throttle for you. I set mine at 10 and 10 and i like it there... But have not did much tinkering with it.
My Hili dont have HD so im afraid the HD on the KK well spoil me.

All i want to do now is rolls and flips. Stick scaling is awesome. I have 40% expo with 90 on the Pitch and Roll in scaling. But what i ended up doing was D/R the Elev/Ail down to 50% So with a flip of the Ail D/r switch(assigned both to 1 switch) i have a nice tame Q450. Pop the switch on H/R and i got this acro monster...

Have your went through the Normal Process of tuning? zeroing out your I gain, then Upping the P until you get fast oscillation then back off till its smooth then upping your I gains until the slow oscillation, then backing it off. as with your P gains?
Ive seen a few videos where the muti rotors are all over the place. This is over controlling with by having to low gains with to much expo. Whats ends up happening is over controlling like over steering...
When i fly my quad in Norm mode my expo is like 5% Pitch and roll,and 10-15 on Yaw as i like the centre softer so i dont give give so much thr while Yawwwwwwing

Next time Bring yur camera or it didn't happen

Ps i normally don't type this much unless it bashing f-nb()y$...
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 27, 2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey Guys.
I asked the question some time ago with no reply so I'll ask again. Is it possible to add the "D" to the PI loop in the firmware for the KK2 or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks

Pete.
I second that. I have PID on my other boards using Mike Barton firmware and I like the additional 'tuning"

Rolf,
I have been flying Mike Barton's firmware on the original KK board with an ATMega328 processor. It is written in "C" , I think. It is the best flying firmware for the KK, IMHO, until the KK2.0, no offense meant. My point is he got it to work in "C".

Also can you impliment an auto-trim, I think Mike calls it stick-centering, that sets when the board arms, or is there a reason you don't do this?
cyhyam is online now Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:30 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Was your Entire flight with AL on?
Yes, as I was relying on the new software which I understood was to use the accelerometer more effectively I switched in the autolevelling from the start
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Feb 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
But beware, it is still written in Evil Assembly!!
This looks interesting, I may take it up as a new part of my RC hobbie.

From one Assembly code professional to another,
My best regards and thanks for your work!

Jim
jaws74c3 is offline Find More Posts by jaws74c3
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
29 Posts
And not to be unfair, thanks to many others that have added their best efforts and widened the path.

Jim
jaws74c3 is offline Find More Posts by jaws74c3
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto View Post
Yes, as I was relying on the new software which I understood was to use the accelerometer more effectively I switched in the autolevelling from the start
Congratulations.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
....size comparison with his BIG brother !!!
Very nice, but why are the front motors so close together?

My tri flew for the very first time today (i.e. hovering only) and it needs just a little tuning. I will do a full test tomorrow.

For you guys with tris: How do you adjust the rudder deflection on KK2.0? Is 'Stick scaling' the way to do it? I cannot get full deflection with the default settings.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:06 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Sorry but that's not right. The assumption has been made that the problem is that only one reg is actually supplying power. Partly true, but not the actual problem.
This is the actual problem:
Let's imagine one reg wants to output 4.90V and the other 5.1V. Lets also imagine that some cheap-ass fool has tied them together directly.
The higher one tries to pull up the lower one and the lower one pulls down the higher one. And how does this actually manifest?
Linear regulators regulate by sinking and sourcing current. The lower one will sink current to try and pull it down, the higher one sources it to pull it up.
So the result is that both regulators pour as much current as they have available into getting the output voltage that they want (but can never have).
Eventually, one will shutdown through either over current or overheating and the other will temporarily "win". Briefly.
It may be that cabling helps current sharing but I would hardly call it perfect. More like "lucky".
+100.... this is the truth!
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:13 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
236 Posts
Today i did some flying to my Sk450 KK2.0 with very strong air! I noticed that Self Level was a very dangerous thing!!! If engaged.. the wind took my quad far away having difficulty to control it!!! Without SL it was much easier to fly stable and controllable with such a strong wind... Also.. one stupid question.. i see you guys in your videos flying far away enough so its very difficult to 'understand' its orientation... how i can overcome this? I know SK450 is small.. but almost every quad if goes some meters away (even colored, or with signs etc) its difficult to understand its orientation.. I was impressed also by Upup with Dex Mini crash test.. this little thing to fly in such speeds?...

GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Last edited by GSD; Oct 27, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
The acc mod to 1.2 makes a world of difference in wind, I have experienced with both in wind and the stock was just as you describe.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:50 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I second that. I have PID on my other boards using Mike Barton firmware and I like the additional 'tuning"

Rolf,
I have been flying Mike Barton's firmware on the original KK board with an ATMega328 processor. It is written in "C" , I think. It is the best flying firmware for the KK, IMHO, until the KK2.0, no offense meant. My point is he got it to work in "C".

Also can you impliment an auto-trim, I think Mike calls it stick-centering, that sets when the board arms, or is there a reason you don't do this?
Where could i get Mikes firmware? i have a older KK board i might give it a try on...

could anybody tell me how to tell which way the plug goes for updating the firmware? i looked in the manual and it doesn't mention it...if its hooked up backwards by accident will it damage the board?

thanks a bunch...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty