HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,848 Posts
The only power fed to board is from esc on m1 input. Motor 2 and 3 are just signal and ground. M4 out goes to servo on tail. No y harness. When I do servo test on kk display, it shows all rx inputs correct.
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
The only power fed to board is from esc on m1 input. Motor 2 and 3 are just signal and ground. M4 out goes to servo on tail. No y harness. When I do servo test on kk display, it shows all rx inputs correct.
There you go, get some power somewhere to M2-8 and your servo will spring to life.

FWIW, I have the red wires from all my ESC's connected. I'm using the F-20A HK ESC's with the 3A UBEC. Apparently it's legit to have more than one of these connected (linear rather than switching BEC).

BTW, it's in the manual, and has been talked about here often too .

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'd FPV it.
Joined Nov 2009
2,848 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will feed power to another motor port. Do not recall seeing it in manuel, but I dont pay attention if you ask wife...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I will feed power to another motor port. Do not recall seeing it in manuel, but I dont pay attention if you ask wife...
Looking forward to hearing about your successful flight.

It's at bottom of first page, onto second page.

"The M1 connector must always have a ESC connected, because this ESC will be the only one that supplies the FC with 5V power. This ensures stable power to the FC.
The M2 to M8's 5V power pin is connected together, and any servos here will be supplied by any ESC's connected here. There is not necessary to cut the 5V (red) lead on any ESC unless it has a Switching BEC."

cheers,
Andrew
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:38 PM
I'd FPV it.
Joined Nov 2009
2,848 Posts
Ha! Good point Andrew! It's right there...I'm a dummy. Will read closer...and test hop tonight under street lights was good. Seems to hover good with stock settings. Now for daylight forward flight...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Mixer Values?

I was checking out the tricopter mixer values a few minutes ago. As I understand it, they say what percentage of the input signal goes to the algorithm that controls each output.

The numbers represent Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Offset

CH1 100 -87 50 0 0 (MI - Left front)
CH2 100 87 50 -1 0 (M2 - Right front)
CH3 100 0 -100 0 0 (M3 - Rear motor)
CH4 0 0 0 -100 50 (Yaw Servo)

I'm intrigued by the -1 for rudder for the front right motor. I doubt -1 makes much difference regardless, but I'm wondering if this is an attempt to compensate for the extra yaw moment from having two props going one way, and only one going the other.

Part B is that the default motor settings say to use CR props on left front and rear. Seeing as how I was short of them, I went with a normal rotation prop on the back and things flew OK.

Now I'm (almost) out of CR props so might have to go with all normal ones. I tried this, "in the name of science" and the copter definitely flew with more of a tilt without any CR props.

So the question is, could tuning these numbers a bit compensate for the tilt or yaw depending on the props used?

I haven't got my head totally around what's going on with torque reactions so aren't completely sure. But I'm assuming the -1 isn't just a typo.

Would be interested in thoughts, opinions, experiences.

cheers,
Andrew
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:32 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Is it possible with even strong air to be pretty stable and without ANY air to have oscillations? Does the air affect the correct values of PI ? Thanks
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:16 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,267 Posts
Self level on

I'm using a 2801 PRO TX for all 6 of my Multi-rotors.
BIG THANKS to all you guys who gave some input on the problem. I did not change or did something to the tx prior to the problem and I was not sure what happened.
I did opened another model for the Tri on the Tx and everything is fine now and it's flying good already.
I maybe did something to the tx that resulted for the self level to turn on with just arming the kk2 board.
I will surely remember all the possible reason that you guys mentioned...THANKS AGAIN !!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x boomtwist one project
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:42 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
236 Posts
Hi there, searching the thread didn't find any extensive reference on Height Dampening... Has anyone tried it with success? How is it set up?

Thanks in advance!
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:04 AM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
236 Posts
@kapteinkuk reading about rewriting the whole firmware I would like to propose if possible Altitude Hold function by using the Z axis acc ... Something like Height dampening should do , but maybe selective by switch? .. would that be possible?

A BIG THANKS for your work till now and upcoming!!!
GSD is offline Find More Posts by GSD
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
In a mess after fiddling about! HELP HELP HELP!!
I suppose I should have left well alone BUT of course I thought maybe I could get my quad to fly a little better??
I bought two boards, set one up on a quad and got it flying reasonably well with and without the auto level (in fact I think it was better without!)
I read Shanes blog and looked at his videos and thought it looked as though the auto level seemed very successful.
As far as I know I downloaded his latest software onto a new board, went through the set up process, checked the sensors, calibrated them BUT when I looked at the receiver set-up AN ERROR APPEARED SAYING NO THROTTLE. I tried to go through the ESC calibration and that seemed OK but still NO THROTTLE.

Anybody any ideas - PLEASE

Ted
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Can we presume you have double and triple checked your servo leads?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto View Post
In a mess after fiddling about! HELP HELP HELP!!
I suppose I should have left well alone BUT of course I thought maybe I could get my quad to fly a little better??
I bought two boards, set one up on a quad and got it flying reasonably well with and without the auto level (in fact I think it was better without!)
I read Shanes blog and looked at his videos and thought it looked as though the auto level seemed very successful.
As far as I know I downloaded his latest software onto a new board, went through the set up process, checked the sensors, calibrated them BUT when I looked at the receiver set-up AN ERROR APPEARED SAYING NO THROTTLE. I tried to go through the ESC calibration and that seemed OK but still NO THROTTLE.

Anybody any ideas - PLEASE

Ted
Don't freak out

Just double check your connection and try again. Make sure you just didn't plug in the throttle in the wrong way. You'll get a no throttle input on receiver test.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
I would replace lead from Throttle on Rx to Throttle input on the board or a least swap with one of the others to test.

No throttle on Rx Test means it is getting no throttle signalfrom the Tx or the Rx, nothing to do with ESC's.

Make sure the lead is correct way round ie Signal and Ground not swppaed over either at Rx end or KK2 end, check against the other working channels.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,179 Posts
Yup lol +1 on the other posts
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan