to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Tri servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
this might be a crazy question but where do i plug in the servo on the yaw on the tail? trying to get this set up and it has me a bit confused...i did get all my esc's flashed with simonk firmware..just trying to finish things up and tiddy up wires ect...haven't got around to setting up the board or mounting it...kind of trying to find the best way to mount the board with what i have on hand...i think i am going to use the square sponge packing the board came in tho...
On my Tri the tail/yaw servo is plug-in into M4 and the connection for the rx going to the kk board is as normal .
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x tesla one
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Flies great!
Thanks ! I don't know what's next....I'm getting bored of it...thinking to build a HEX....
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
FWIW, my tri flew without auto-level. In fact I never set to to get it calibrated (when I rebuild the frame to get flying again I'll give it a shot). I got as far as switching it on when I was flying and the tri headed out left and forward so I switched it off.

I was got into trouble with it when I inadvertently turned it on. Had insufficient control to get the tri home (it was windy though). I think the stock AL settings are quite tame.

I was using all stock 1.2 FW tri settings. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5455

You'll nail it. I found it easier to take off when I just gave a good shot of throttle to "spring" into the air. I did find when I was being "tentative" that the tail (usually) would sometimes seem to lift first. Getting into the air quickly seemed to let the KK board start doing it's stuff and levelling things. In the not quite airborne mode, it does an adjustment, which doesn't change things because of the ground contact, so it does more (I think).

You'll get there!

This video doesn't show taking off, but it was where I was at.

cheers,
Andrew

http://youtu.be/SK92fhFo3QM

PS. Meant to add, your skids should change the CG, although there are two up front, they are closer to the CG so it all should pretty much balance out.
Nice flying Andrew....lucky to have your wife to do the video !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
I am still having problems with KK2 Yaw control. I'm using it on an octocopter. I've flashed KK2 with V1.2 and using the "+" mode. Somehow the copter has problems with yaw. Yaw left is perfect but yaw right has almost no movement. Settings are stock. There was no problem with yaw control on the stock firmware with the same copter. What could be the reason of this problem?
Skewp is offline Find More Posts by Skewp
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
760 Posts
I've just flown my new tri with the KK2,1.2v board it flew great all except for the fact it wanted to yaw right, I had to keep my finger with slight pressure on the stick to stop it turning right, I managed to trim in flight to set it up central from then on it flew perfect, but then when I went to disarm the board it wouldn't until I reset the trim, what now?

TIA
ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234 View Post
I've just flown my new tri with the KK2,1.2v board it flew great all except for the fact it wanted to yaw right, I had to keep my finger with slight pressure on the stick to stop it turning right, I managed to trim in flight to set it up central from then on it flew perfect, but then when I went to disarm the board it wouldn't until I reset the trim, what now?

TIA
ray
Make sure your servo is centered properly.

Also increase the Yaw P Limit.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
760 Posts
thanks for that, I'll sort it out tomorrow

ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skewp View Post
I am still having problems with KK2 Yaw control. I'm using it on an octocopter. I've flashed KK2 with V1.2 and using the "+" mode. Somehow the copter has problems with yaw. Yaw left is perfect but yaw right has almost no movement. Settings are stock. There was no problem with yaw control on the stock firmware with the same copter. What could be the reason of this problem?
Do you have the correct configuration loaded, i.e. quad vs hex?
Is auto level turned on? On my quad I lose control while in autolevel.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234 View Post

TIA
ray
Sub Trim
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Do you have the correct configuration loaded, i.e. quad vs hex?
Is auto level turned on? On my quad I lose control while in autolevel.
I have Octocopter "+" configuration loaded. No, autolevel is off.
Skewp is offline Find More Posts by Skewp
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey Fella's.

While were on the subject of the mix edditor. what do the settings do exactly? I dont want to touch mine incase it all turns to poo. My quad has a couple of interesting querks I would love to sort out but PI and AL settings are not going to fix them. Also, KK or anybody else who knows the subject. Is it possible to write "D" gain/controll into the FW or is this a hard ware Thing?
The numbers listed in the mixer editor tells how much influence your input signals (throttle, aileron/roll, elevator/pitch and rudder/yaw) will have on the selected output channel. Direction can be reversed by making a positive number negative and a negative number positive. I am no expert on this so maybe someone else can explain it better, but I have used the mixer editor a few times to make my T-shaped copters fly properly. Default VTail and Y6 mixer values did not work for me.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Oct 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Sub Trim
I had that problem after I increased the YAW Stick Scaling. I had to take the Scaling back to the original setting and solved the YAW with a check and adjustment of the motors to level and I also increased my Rudder travel on my transmitter.

Sudsy
Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Auto level ON

KK2.0 ....ANOTHER PROBLEM

This problem is happening on my Tri right now.
Usually ,when I want to turn on the self level,I 'll moved the cyclic stick all the way to the right then arm the kk2 by moving the rudder stick to the right and and the other way to turn self level off...or unplug lipo and self level turns off.
Now, WITHOUT moving the cyclic stick all the way to the right and I just want to arm the kk board,the self level will turn on by itself at same time without giving it a command to turn on and if I will turn it off by stick command it won't turn off ,unless I unplug the lipo....this is a problem for me due to I don't fly with auto level on.
ANYBODY KNOWS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING...NEED SOME HELP !!!Thanks

Note: On the RECIEVER TEST,Is the AUXILLIARY supposed to be On ? On my Y6 , Vtail and Miniquad it's on OFF ? How do I turn it off ?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 24, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
KK2.0 ....ANOTHER PROBLEM

This problem is happening on my Tri right now.
Usually ,when I want to turn on the self level,I 'll moved the cyclic stick all the way to the right then arm the kk2 by moving the rudder stick to the right and and the other way to turn self level off...or unplug lipo and self level turns off.
Now, WITHOUT moving the cyclic stick all the way to the right and I just want to arm the kk board,the self level will turn on by itself at same time without giving it a command to turn on and if I will turn it off by stick command it won't turn off ,unless I unplug the lipo....this is a problem for me due to I don't fly with auto level on.
ANYBODY KNOWS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING...NEED SOME HELP !!!Thanks

Note: On the RECIEVER TEST,Is the AUXILLIARY supposed to be On ? On my Y6 , Vtail and Miniquad it's on OFF ? How do I turn it off ?
Do you have the AUX channel assigned to a switch on your transmitter?
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors