Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:02 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyp47 View Post
Hi all I have a bumblebee and have a kk2 board.. im new at this and every time a try to take off it wants to tip over left or back wards ive tried trimming it out but does not do much i thought it was going to be fairley easy to fly?? it seems more unstable than a normal heli?? does anyone know what could be causing this im running 4 HK blue series 30amp esc stock motors and hitech radio. if i hold my quad at power up quickly it violently pulls left. Can anyone please give me some advice or a list of settingings for a quad in X formation 550 size Cheers all
Suggestion:

On your receiver test are the stick inputs going on the correct direction? i.e. when you input right aileron does the KK2 indicate "right"? Same with elevator when you input forward stick does the KK2 indicate the correct movement? If not you will need to reverse the channels as required to get this right.

There are so many things that can be causing your problems its hard to troubleshoot.

Are the motors spinning in the right direction? Are the correct props on the correct positions? Are the markings on the props facing up?

Did you get the control inputs zeroed out? Use sub-trim for this if you can.

Just the fact that you are able to arm and safe the board and spin up the motors indicates that you were able to get through the ESC throttle set-up procedure and I had a hard time with that myself.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Suggestion:

On your receiver test are the stick inputs going on the correct direction? i.e. when you input right aileron does the KK2 indicate "right"? Same with elevator when you input forward stick does the KK2 indicate the correct movement? If not you will need to reverse the channels as required to get this right.

There are so many things that can be causing your problems its hard to troubleshoot.

Are the motors spinning in the right direction? Are the correct props on the correct positions? Are the markings on the props facing up?

Did you get the control inputs zeroed out? Use sub-trim for this if you can.

Just the fact that you are able to arm and safe the board and spin up the motors indicates that you were able to get through the ESC throttle set-up procedure and I had a hard time with that myself.

Sudsy
cheers i think everthing is in check however the when i hit left it indecates right how ever from holding my quad when i move stick right my quad rolls right which confuses me
Dannyp47 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyp47
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:21 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,038 Posts
Quote:
I have selected X and props seem to be right way if motor spin clockwise i have blunt end of prop spinning clockwise correct??
Upload some pictures and maybe a video. Also check and double check the servo cables are going to the correct motor output of the KK2 board. Like M1 actually going to motor 1 and so on.

Immediate Flips are usually setup and motor direction or prop errors.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Upload some pictures and maybe a video. Also check and double check the servo cables are going to the correct motor output of the KK2 board. Like M1 actually going to motor 1 and so on.

Immediate Flips are usually setup and motor direction or prop errors.
pictures would be great cheers

these are my mix settings are as follows
ch1 thr 100 Ail -71 elev 71 rudder 100 offset 0
ch2 Thr 100 Ail 71 elev 71 rudder -100 offset 0
ch3 Thr 100 Ail 71 elev -71 rudder 100 offset 0
ch4 Thr 100 Ail -71 elev-71 rudder -100 offset 0

is that normal???
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,038 Posts
Quote:
pictures would be great cheers

these are my mix settings are as follows
ch1 thr 100 Ail -71 elev 71 rudder 100 offset 0
ch2 Thr 100 Ail 71 elev 71 rudder -100 offset 0
ch3 Thr 100 Ail 71 elev -71 rudder 100 offset 0
ch4 Thr 100 Ail -71 elev-71 rudder -100 offset 0

is that normal???
im not sure, but i think it does.

I cant power my board right now to check, everyone's sleeping right now. I will have to check tomorrow. maybe search this thread for mixer setting from other people.

or see if someone else can answer that mixer question.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
im not sure, but i think it does.

I cant power my board right now to check, everyone's sleeping right now. I will have to check tomorrow. maybe search this thread for mixer setting from other people.

or see if someone else can answer that mixer question.
No problems thanks heaps ill try and get some pics up for ya ta have a look see cheers again
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Mixer settings?

Hey Fella's.

While were on the subject of the mix edditor. what do the settings do exactly? I dont want to touch mine incase it all turns to poo. My quad has a couple of interesting querks I would love to sort out but PI and AL settings are not going to fix them. Also, KK or anybody else who knows the subject. Is it possible to write "D" gain/controll into the FW or is this a hard ware Thing?
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:25 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,068 Posts
For those suffering vibration issues/ problems. I tried this on my last mini quad and it worked really well. Don't know where I got the picture from (in order to give them credit), but some large diameter but thin O-rings ... some spaced standoffs ... and bingo !!
Btw: I know it is not a KK 2.0 board in the pics ... same principle though...
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,776 Posts
this might be a crazy question but where do i plug in the servo on the yaw on the tail? trying to get this set up and it has me a bit confused...i did get all my esc's flashed with simonk firmware..just trying to finish things up and tiddy up wires ect...haven't got around to setting up the board or mounting it...kind of trying to find the best way to mount the board with what i have on hand...i think i am going to use the square sponge packing the board came in tho...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
this might be a crazy question but where do i plug in the servo on the yaw on the tail? trying to get this set up and it has me a bit confused...i did get all my esc's flashed with simonk firmware..just trying to finish things up and tiddy up wires ect...haven't got around to setting up the board or mounting it...kind of trying to find the best way to mount the board with what i have on hand...i think i am going to use the square sponge packing the board came in tho...
That's what I use works great
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:10 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
im guessing you question is for a Tricopter? i have never ownedor built one but i would imagine it would go into the rudd channel?
Im jsut a fan boy here!!

yes the foam box works great.. i used it on my first 450, now i just use the top lid, i cut the 1/2'' edge off and just use the centre part thats the same size of the kk board
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:28 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,324 Posts
KK 2.0 (4 min 37 sec)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:35 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,760 Posts
ok , maiden flight .
going from 70 degree house to 51 and cool outside .much more manageable than my FF board was .there was some right yaw going on ,had to keep correcting with left rudder(this normal for the kk?)
.but i would rather deal with a little yaw drifting than have the quad soaring back towards me as it done with FF board in the cold .

if the yaw continues to yaw right after it warms up outside how do you correct it?

my settings are this so far

Default PI editor settings
Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 75
Plimit = 100
Igain = 30
Ilimit = 20
Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 75
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10

are these good settings for a 400 size quad?
i set the lipo alarm at 10.2 and i got 9 minutes out of a 2200mah 3s .that a good place to set the alarm?
what about stick scaling?should they all be the same?can anyone offer some good settings for that?

PS-I HAVE V 1.2 FIRMWARE

thanks
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I would increase the roll/pitch igain
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:00 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,760 Posts
i am having some right yaw ,no pitch or roll issues .so i rather deal with anything to correct some yaw .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me