HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:26 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice View Post
I received my new kk2 board from HK a few days ago, and went ahead and flashed it to 1.2.

After I did it, I found out that current kk2 boards come with 1.2 preloaded. Is there any difference between the stock 1.2 firmware and what I just flashed using the kkmulticopter flash tool and version 1.2 by kapteinkuk?
Nope
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:26 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice View Post
I received my new kk2 board from HK a few days ago, and went ahead and flashed it to 1.2.

After I did it, I found out that current kk2 boards come with 1.2 preloaded. Is there any difference between the stock 1.2 firmware and what I just flashed using the kkmulticopter flash tool and version 1.2 by kapteinkuk?
Nope im pretty sure its 100% the same!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TF to DOSD wiring.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
I am going to rewrite the whole thing in C. Yep, I'm getting old!

It is so much easier to develop, debug and maintain. Also my math-library is not up to the task of rotating 3D vectors, needed for better self-level.

Due to the small program memory some features probably have to go.
Haha boo!

If you run short on space, dump the code at me, I will help you pack it. GCC 4.7.1 and newer also have 24-bit types. Keep everything in one file as much as possible (or static inlines only in include files), make all functions static, -Os, and inline asm the interrupts with reserved registers. Check out this for the interrupt/register allocation stuff: https://github.com/sim-/kk/blob/master/kk.c If you look at the assembly, you'll see that GCC still does some pretty dumb stuff (like random assignments to registers that never get used for no reason that never gets used), but it's getting better.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:51 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
@Eastcoast78 thanks for the feedback for AL trims... i was looking for that as i have the same problem (drift forward) and was afraid to touch these values as i went up to +10 without seeing any change... i will try more as you said that up to 30 still had problem...

*This was the only reason i flashed to V1.2 from V1.0.. Other than that i didn't notice any change in flight...
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:56 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Batteries can lose their punch from being stored at full charge for long periods of time. As others have said, it also could have been a bad batch, despite your taking care of them.

Back on topic - got my first KK2 and just figured out how to load the driver for the USB programmer (Sparkfun) to make sure the KK2 is up to 1.2 (was there a way to tell the firmware version from the screen/buttons?) Next, I hope to get this mounted up and see how it does. LOVE the LCD interface.
Thanks, i start to believe that my storage method did the job!... Although i had most of the time in storage (3.85/cell), i read somewhere that batteries should stay NO MORE than 24Hrs at full charged state!! Otherwise they start to build internal resistance... Are really SO sensitive?.. Anyway i can keep them for my twinstar as they last, order new Zippy for my quad and keep STRICTLY the rule of storage to see what happens!!!!

For the KK, same for me.. the time i was on V1.0, there was no info anywhere to see the version... after updating to 1.2 it shows for 2 seconds at startup...
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,035 Posts
next time out im going to continue adjusting them. until i see results...i guess

Heres a flight from this evening...worst thing about park flying is people coming up and asking you questions...i don't mind sometimes. Most of the time people don't even noticed me there as its kinda tucked out of the way. But doing a few flips sure gets there attention lol love the sound of the props biting the air.

Sometime though the questions are silly...like the lady asked me if this was a rocket ship today lmfao!! you can see them walking there dog around the 3min mark lol
playing in da park (8 min 13 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:12 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post

Now that is pretty do you think they got inspiration from my avatar ........... naa

I could shorten the arms i suppose

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:19 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
If they can do that I don't see why they don't do a quad
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:33 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,035 Posts
$105 bucks for it shipped...NOT!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
If they can do that I don't see why they don't do a quad

Well there is this ( also suits my style of flying MRs )

DeX Mini Quad Crash Test (7 min 10 sec)

jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:53 AM
Belgie
Joined Jun 2004
43 Posts
DEX Mini quad crash test => STUPID baby, kid, man??
Retlaw is offline Find More Posts by Retlaw
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Mar 2009
338 Posts
flashing kk2

Hi, can someone please tell me how I can get the Lazyzero sofware to work as I have been trying to flash my two KK2 boards ,I have the latest Java on my P.C but although I dowloaded the Lazyzero file it won't open ? I plugged in my Crius usbasp flashtool with board attached but although the Green light is on <on the Crius> nothing is happening? sorry to be so dumb but this losing me the will to live

Cheers MIKE.
micarus is online now Find More Posts by micarus
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:01 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
1,900 Posts
Did you launch it from the serial bat file?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Some updates:

I am going to rewrite the whole thing in C. Yep, I'm getting old!

It is so much easier to develop, debug and maintain. Also my math-library is not up to the task of rotating 3D vectors, needed for better self-level.

Due to the small program memory some features probably have to go.

In worst case it will have to be multicopter type specific hex files, like on the KK1.

I'm going to use AVR-GCC.

After writing a few arduino (C) programs, I went back to assembly to fix my brushed motor ESC firmware.

Then it hit me: "What the truck am I doing? I have to be bat-shlt-crazy to write large programs in assembly! This thing is so cryptic that I have to reverse-engineer my own source code!"

Haha
This is a shocking news

After you play with arduino, that is a sick C ... you decided to stop playing in assembler, with the only issue is on some math lib that you can fix in no-time ... if you dont like to fix, make this lib in C, compile, and copy the assembler result ...

Debug in C is even more complicated, since the debugger is still using assembler ...

Strange decision

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
anyone's tested Y4 setup with success?
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox