SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:28 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
So the gaui ones are just regular escs? I thought they would be faster since the gu-ins has a 400hz refresh rate output.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Might be my imagination, but just tried out the big fix + acc mod and its night and day for stability mode on my h quad. I could fly this beast in the house now without fear for my life.
So your saying without that FW you would not be able to fly inside? I didn't know that firmware added stability...?
I think it is your imagination...sorry

Research to find out what shane changed in his mod!

Quoted from Post #5331
"The goal of the modification is to enable a fast angle estimate, which uses both the gyros and the accelerometers together to produce pitch and roll angles. The accelerometers use the long term average of the direction of gravity, while the gyros fill in the short term gap where the frame itself is accelerating. The result is self-level mode with a snappier feel."
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:57 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
Man I have alot of projects to finish when I get home lol. Finishing my sport Tricopter with the KK2 will be one of the faster ones to complete. Seeing all of these acro bids make me want to fly acrobatics bad. Question if you chop the throttle all the way down will the props stop or does this board arm and disarm a certain way.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Might be my imagination, but just tried out the big fix + acc mod and its night and day for stability mode on my h quad. I could fly this beast in the house now without fear for my life.
I'm in the same boat Buddy. I, basically cant fly without the help of AL, learning rotorary wing after 35 years of fixed wing is a steep curve for me. I tried the string thing to set up my quad, studied PID theory to figure out how the board corrects error and read through hundreds of forum pages. My quad was transformed when I flashed it with the ACC Mod. Maybe it was a combination of factors that allowed the FW to induce stability? maybe it was my setup but it trully made a difference. I know the mod had some issues but I was able to overcome these. I have now flashed it with the mod2 and didn't notice much of a difference. What I do know is, FW tells the PI controler how to behave. So it would seem to me that FW can add stability.

Stick with it Pal and let us know how you are getting on.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:48 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
So your saying without that FW you would not be able to fly inside? I didn't know that firmware added stability...?
I think it is your imagination...sorry

Research to find out what shane changed in his mod!

Quoted from Post #5331
"The goal of the modification is to enable a fast angle estimate, which uses both the gyros and the accelerometers together to produce pitch and roll angles. The accelerometers use the long term average of the direction of gravity, while the gyros fill in the short term gap where the frame itself is accelerating. The result is self-level mode with a snappier feel."
I would not fly inside my house with stock firmware.

I would fly inside my house with Shane Coltons auto-level.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
Hmm interesting!

I understand the AutoLevel period! is a great help to people new to flying Multi Rotors and in the learning stages. But i was under the impression "as what i quoted from him 2 post up!! that is just makes the controls in Autolevel more responsive... I.E "snappy"
And correct me if I'm wrong lol but nothing was changed otherwise?

As you seen by the Xmas quad i used to have, that was with KKv2!! No AL there...

Enjoy your flying.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 20, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:28 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Which version?
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Hmm interesting!

I understand the AutoLevel period! is a great help to people new to flying Multi Rotors and in the learning stages. But i was under the impression "as what i quoted from him 2 post up!! that is just makes the controls in Autolevel more responsive... I.E "snappy"
And correct me if I'm wrong lol but nothing was changed otherwise?

As you seen by the Xmas quad i used to have, that was with KKv2!! No AL there...

Enjoy your flying.
Its all in Shane's video and his Quote. It actually improves the response to an error by shortening the time returning to level. Stick scaling on the board and Exponential rates on the TX controll stick response, I.E. increase stick scaling and or decrease Expo for a "snappy" response.

Pete.

And a question, Is the KK2 a PID controller or PI ?
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Last edited by jonesy40001; Oct 20, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:12 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
The other day when I told everyone I am 60 years old I thought I would be an "old timer" here but I see now I'm just a youngun here. I'm starting to think this is an Old Man thing! I am no where near 400.

Sudsy
You are just a mere flipitygibit

Jeff 65
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,331 Posts
Luv it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post

I threw this together quickly, I'm not much of an editor, enjoy.

http://youtu.be/vGu_7SJ7_PM
That was a very nice video....and the best part I like ...when you say ...you are not much of an editor...thanks for sharing that video and take care brother....
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tesla 2-PVC Version
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:36 AM
Joined Mar 2009
340 Posts
paper round

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
I thought you just had a rough paper round ...

Frank
Yes Frank that as well!!
micarus is offline Find More Posts by micarus
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Mar 2009
340 Posts
Yes Eastcoast, mine is like that as I think most X configeration with offset arms are called "Spider" but think you are correct in that I should have left the Mixer Editor alone , I will go to De-Bug now and see if that helps .

Thanks for your help M8, Cheers MIKE.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
340 Posts
Cyhyam ,Exellent vid ,smart Copter and good flying--- Great!!!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Hi to all, as a newbie and when adjusting my KK board i suspect my Deans connectors for power interruptions as i was connecting/disconnecting them! (maybe from sparks?) What connectors do you people think/use for the BEST SAFETY results??? (30A ESCs quad, power category 3-4s 2200mAh) THanks in advance!
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:12 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Firmware that I'm using is kk2_1V2_BSA2modS2.hex. It just feels like its more dialed in and much less prone to sway and drift that requred a lot more feedback on my part. I can fly without AL and will continue to work in acro mode as well, but AL now seems a lot more useful. In the stock firmware I felt like AL required almost as much correction as acro mode and had a lot of slop. I've actually seen AL mode almost go inverted with a strong gust of wind.

Like I said, it is possible that some of this perception is just the learning curve slope at the moment, but either way, I like it. This should put me back on track for trying new things.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide