HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:48 AM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
I'll through my hat in Fella's. Im a spring chicken at 52 but I've logged over 1000hrs with my thumb on the trainer button teaching newbs (young and old) to fly fixed wing RC and I do get a little...... dissapointed at this sort of stuff. I have spent almost 4 hrs reading through this thread to find some help and it is almost time for another nap. lol
I wish I could help. See my earlier post. It is a fast growing and ever changing thread. I wish there was an efficient way to pick thru it all.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:48 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
I'll through my hat in Fella's. Im a spring chicken at 52 but I've logged over 1000hrs with my thumb on the trainer button teaching newbs (young and old) to fly fixed wing RC and I do get a little...... dissapointed at this sort of stuff. I have spent almost 4 hrs reading through this thread to find some help and it is almost time for another nap. lol
What is wrong
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:51 AM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
Quote:
Mate! you are as bad as me... I have led's on everything, my car, my boat, house, planes, quad... my wife thinks I'm autistic. lol
No worries mate, your not autistic, your just Australian! Maybe you misunderstood her!

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:50 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Just for the hell of it, here's some pics of my tri, almost ready to go. Just wondering how best to tidy up those ugly wires with tie wraps..

Sooo looking forward to flying trials very soon.

Matt
On my Tri I rebated the bottom of the arms and cynoed the wires in then some coats of black emusion
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:52 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Mate! you are as bad as me... I have led's on everything, my car, my boat, house, planes, quad... my wife thinks I'm autistic. lol
I had to read this twice as I thought it read you had LEDs on the Mrs LOL

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:57 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
@Eastcoast78, thanks for your answer and your videos too!! Seem very good! What do you mean by stock v.1.2? isn't the 1.2 the newest? How can i find what version mine runs? I have no Self level trims as it states, and i have I part of PI so i have older version but which? (HK order). Also could you please share your set up and flight times with GoPro onboard? I run mine with SK450 frame, 10x4.5Props, Turnigy Plush 30A (stock firmware) and Zippy 2200 45C but without any extra load i think i have only some minutes of flight until 11V alarm.. (about 3-5?) - Finally as a newbie... i have noticed IT IS VERY DIFFICULT for someone new to follow this discussion!!! Maybe, controllers should be whole different sections in the forum and not just threads!! If you only just read THIS thread you will find over 100 different subject/cases and in some cases the answer is 50 or more posts later!!! God... i have my eyes out!! .... ok i know, i know there is 'search'....
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
I had to read this twice as I thought it read you had LEDs on the Mrs LOL

Jeff
LMAO....... I did make her some led ear rings for xmas one year
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:38 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,321 Posts
@gsfakian
No Problem, yes i understand that this thread is quite large. Search works, but it still takes a bit of digging to find any info on any Problems you may have.

I say Stock, meaning 1.2 because thats what now comes with the kk2.0 I'm guessing you have had your board now for awhile? More then likely its from the older/first kk2.0's. 1.0FW

As for flight times and my set up. I use 2826/1000kv motors from RCtimer with 8x4's. I get 7 1/2mins on a 3s2200mah with the GoPro(not in its housing).
I tested my 10x4.7's , but i found them to big for the 450mm frame. It made it feel sluggish IMO. I did like the Tri bladed 9x6 props though. I found them to be the most Efficient of the 3 with over a 9min flight on the same set up. ie batt/motor/esc's and frame. Mind you; with the 10x4.7 and 9x6'' tri blades i did not have the GoPro on it. But i can not see the weight of the GPro to drasticly change the flight times.

I picked up these 8x4's from HK on my last order. And i really like them!!! They were balanced perfect out of the package...which really surprised me.(maybe i got lucky)? But normally the CW prop is the one that would be out of balance and the normal CCW props were usually balanced pretty good. I'm guessing because the ccw ones are the norm for planes etc...and the molds for the ccw were off.

I only run 20a esc's they are re branded RCTimer which are "Plush" which are "HobbyWing Brand" LOL Its like a food chain lmao
They are all compatible with the Plush programming card

Having one you can do come cool shitzzz with your esc's
This was my first quad.. which seems like a long time ago!
Bedroom Quad flight xmas (4 min 55 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined Sep 2011
165 Posts
I need some assistance with the mixer editor menu. I'm used to the kk v5.5 setup with sparkfun lcd.

Why are there multiple settings available in a single channel? If I want to reverse the roll gyros, I go into ch1 (ailerons) on the menu. There I find

throttle 100
Aileron 0
Elevator 100
Rudder 100
Offset 0
(these Are just examples)

So now I have no idea which values I should change to reverse roll gyro? Why all the values, how do they work?

On a sidenote. It looks like the Tcopter's gyro is compensating in the right direction to correct yaw, but I do not seem to be able to move the tail rotor (rudder) left and right with input from the tx.
Crazy1 is offline Find More Posts by Crazy1
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:15 AM
Joined May 2010
14 Posts
Hi!
KK2 freeze after a bad flash.Only LCD lighten, no more reaction.
Can someone help me?
Is there a way to recup that board?
PierHenri62 is offline Find More Posts by PierHenri62
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:40 AM
France, RA, Roche-la-Molière
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierHenri62 View Post
Hi!
KK2 freeze after a bad flash.Only LCD lighten, no more reaction.
Can someone help me?
Is there a way to recup that board?
Hello
Have you try to flash again ??
vivazapata is offline Find More Posts by vivazapata
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:07 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Low Voltage Settings

Hi there,
I'm currently using one of the same low voltage alarms that plugs into the balance plug mentioned a few pages back. It's set to 3.3V alarm.

I've just started flying my tri and am wondering if this is a bit low? I pretty much land right after it goes off (sometimes takes 20 seconds or so to do safely). When I charge the battery the starting voltage seems to be around 3.5V, which I think is OK. I'm concerned that the charger is putting close to the full cell 2200mAh capacity in. Am I risking damaging the batteries?

So is this too aggressive, or should I just feel happy that I'm getting all I should out of the batteries.

I haven't soldered in the voltage pin on the KK2 board (yet). I was concerned about damaging something. It is interesting that the beeper doesn't always show a red light on all cells, so the balanced approach could be slightly safer. I seem to recall some discussion on the appropriate alarm value to use on the KK2, but my searching didn't pan out the other day (could be because I just got sidetracked into re-reading other interesting stuff ;-).

It'll be a few days before I'm flying again, have to build a new tri frame after crashing mine up trying to sort out coordinated turns in (F)FF. I think I'm over/under yawing and then get a sideways slide into the ground if I don't watch it, and react quickly.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:45 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
@Eastcoast78 thank you so much for your help & info! I have my controller a couple of months now.. i believe too its 1.0 version, i have the programmer but i am afraid of bricking it for any reason as this is my one and only.. and takes forever to come from HK !!! I have also the 8x4 set from HK but mine were totally unbalanced!! I'll give them a try again on NTM2826 but i thought with 10x4.7 it seems more powerfull. The other problem is that prop adapters (spinners) are FAR away from balanced and don't know what to do!!! Anyway i'll try some things and come back with results!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE your video in such a small area!!!! I am afraid to untie mine from ropes inside my room!!! I have much drift in take-offs although if it goes up a meter it seems pretty stable... I have many hours to spend i think!!! Maybe i will go to version 1.2 finally... Also my batteries seem not to handle the power (zippy 2650 40C) .. Thanks again!
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:51 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Some updates:

I am going to rewrite the whole thing in C. Yep, I'm getting old!

It is so much easier to develop, debug and maintain. Also my math-library is not up to the task of rotating 3D vectors, needed for better self-level.

Due to the small program memory some features probably have to go.

In worst case it will have to be multicopter type specific hex files, like on the KK1.

I'm going to use AVR-GCC.

After writing a few arduino (C) programs, I went back to assembly to fix my brushed motor ESC firmware.

Then it hit me: "What the truck am I doing? I have to be bat-shlt-crazy to write large programs in assembly! This thing is so cryptic that I have to reverse-engineer my own source code!"

Haha
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:20 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Some updates:
I am going to rewrite the whole thing in C. Yep, I'm getting old!
I'm going to use AVR-GCC.
Wow... Say it isn't so Mr. KK
Well I know you insist on doing *all* your own code, but feel free to pinch LCD and font drivers etc from OpenAero2. No need to reinvent the wheel
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays