Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Sudsy's Avatar
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
subaru4wd,

As a matter of fact I did read all of this thread. A few pages back when I asked I was refered to "1.2accmod2", I can't find that .hex file, all I found was the ones I listed.

BTW, it probably would taken you less time to answer my question than think up a sarcastic response.
I have to agree with you. This thread has become very long and hard to use to find just what you want. I have been using it to put myself to sleep at night. Maybe after I get it all sorted I will try to create a clear and concise setup and operation document. There's a lot to learn here but the info is constantly changing. Some here have different preferences as to the firmware but I stay with the stuff that came out of the box. I have been flying RC for many years (I'm 60 btw) and even being retired I find it all hard to keep up with.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Mounting the KK2 board upside down

I'm a newbie to the multirotor, I'm building a tricopter with the KK2 board. I'm using a spare 450 trex clone I had laying around and decided to converted to a trike. The best place to mount the board is upside down (LCD facing down). It will still be pointing forward. Will that work? I have not done any testing (still waiting on motors) but in the KK2 menu I don't see any options to reverse the gyro or accelerometers...
californiaflyer is offline Find More Posts by californiaflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
You have already done ESC calibration and confirmed that all channels are mapped correctly in the receiver test screen?
Yes I did
eitan is offline Find More Posts by eitan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitan View Post
Yes I did


When you did the ESC calibration, did all the motors spin up at the same time?
Ducati777 is offline Find More Posts by Ducati777
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Nothing to do with the KK2 but GoPro now has a GoPro Hero 3 and I just got my Hero II a month ago! $#$##@#$
Black edition FTW!!
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
cyhyam's Avatar
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I have to agree with you. This thread has become very long and hard to use to find just what you want. I have been using it to put myself to sleep at night. Maybe after I get it all sorted I will try to create a clear and concise setup and operation document. There's a lot to learn here but the info is constantly changing. Some here have different preferences as to the firmware but I stay with the stuff that came out of the box. I have been flying RC for many years (I'm 60 btw) and even being retired I find it all hard to keep up with.

Sudsy
Exactly my thoughts, I am only a couple of years behind you, been flying RC for the past 50.

This is what I designed and use in the business. This is the evaluation model, it tests all new software. The one customers see looks the same but folds and fits in a case. I currently have over 500 flight hours on this design.

cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
My T6 copter:

Frame (including landing gear) is VC-550 (QUAD/OCTO) from www.hoverthings.com
Rear arm extended 62mm by using 3mm aluminum.
Protective dome from www.parkflyerplastics.com
Flight controller is KK2.0 (of course) with custom mixing.
Motors: NTM 28-26 1200kv.
ESCs: Turnigy 25A.
Battery: 3s2700mAh or 3s3300mAh.
Weight: ~1150g (or 2.5 lbs) without battery.

I have only confirmed that it hovers OK. A full test will be done this weekend (and maybe a video too...).
Very nice build sir.
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
Exactly my thoughts, I am only a couple of years behind you, been flying RC for the past 50.

This is what I designed and use in the business. This is the evaluation model, it tests all new software. The one customers see looks the same but folds and fits in a case. I currently have over 500 flight hours on this design.

I like that a lot
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Very nice build sir.
Thank you! I'm very excited to find out how this one behaves in FFF.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:56 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
Exactly my thoughts, I am only a couple of years behind you, been flying RC for the past 50.

This is what I designed and use in the business. This is the evaluation model, it tests all new software. The one customers see looks the same but folds and fits in a case. I currently have over 500 flight hours on this design.

Nice design. Looks like a drone the military would use.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
Y6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
My T6 copter:

Frame (including landing gear) is VC-550 (QUAD/OCTO) from www.hoverthings.com
Rear arm extended 62mm by using 3mm aluminum.
Protective dome from www.parkflyerplastics.com
Flight controller is KK2.0 (of course) with custom mixing.
Motors: NTM 28-26 1200kv.
ESCs: Turnigy 25A.
Battery: 3s2700mAh or 3s3300mAh.
Weight: ~1150g (or 2.5 lbs) without battery.

I have only confirmed that it hovers OK. A full test will be done this weekend (and maybe a video too...).
Cool ! So you got the same frame as the Vtail...I thought I was looking at the Vtail,looks very familiar. What's your settings? ....try upolading a video,I wanna see it in action.
Mine is 3.235 lbs with the lipo (2650Mah)
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
kk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Nice design. Looks like a drone the military would use.
Very cool and out of this world design ! Can we see it in action ? ...or maybe a link to see it flying ? Thanks
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Cool ! So you got the same frame as the Vtail...I thought I was looking at the Vtail,looks very familiar. What's your settings? ....try upolading a video,I wanna see it in action.
Mine is 3.235 lbs with the lipo (2650Mah)
Thank you! On my VTail I use the shorter (VC-450) front arms, but otherwise these frames are similar. The G10 material makes the frame lightweight and strong.

I had to use custom mixing for it to fly properly. For now I have set 'Elevator' to zero and 'Aileron' to 100 for all front channels, but this may change after extensive testing this weekend. I cannot do this test sooner since it's already dark when I come home from work.

BTW: All other settings are at default (Y6).
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Oct 18, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Matt Halton's Avatar
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Matt this is the ones I use http://www.giantshark.co.uk/power-ba...-p-406643.html
very loud and easy to set required cut off voltage which it remembers untill you want to change it.
Easy to check on during flight just land or hover next to you and check cell voltages.

I have a simlar one without buzzers to check packs with prior to flight.
Actually, I have one of those somewhere in my attic...I shall dig it out, bought for another project, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow, thanks for letting me know, was just the reminder I needed

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Matt Halton's Avatar
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Just for the hell of it, here's some pics of my tri, almost ready to go. Just wondering how best to tidy up those ugly wires with tie wraps..

Sooo looking forward to flying trials very soon.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Reply With Quote