SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:35 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
i tired the accmod it sucked, locked up cause i actually fly my quad, not just keep the back of it closest to me all the time and just fly straight out and up with no banking or yawing...

I put my quad in, so i was waiting on parts. you know that happens right? yes i do use a AL that works...its KK1.2

fanboy!!

this was after i crashed my quad!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...sIyzsOpc#at=95
I got your fanboy
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I got your fanboy
lol i took that out, i though it was a bit harsh for ya...sorry
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,442 Posts
maybe next year ill try accmod2.6
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Hi there, just built my K450 quad with KK2.0 , NTM 2826 10X4.5 and Turnigy Plush 30A... after many hours of searching the right parameters now the bird seems too stable... And I am wondering... do I have to trying flash my ESCs or change them to HK to be able to flash with SimonK firmware? It seems already stable to me... also... Do I really need flash AND KK to v1.2? Is anywhere the old one so if I want to go back? Or there is no reason to go back from 1.2? Thanks in advance!
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:00 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,442 Posts
In short form what exactly do you want to do? If it flys fine!! why mess with it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:13 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,186 Posts
Y6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabmadi View Post
This are the DT700 or the 750? Lipo, total flight time?
I have the DT700...still gonna find out total flight time.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:17 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,186 Posts
Y6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Nice Y6 copter you've got there. I saw your video and it seems to be very stable.

I had my 'T6' flying for the first time last night. It was very dark outside and I had no LEDs mounted so I only tried hovering. Pictures and details will be posted tomorrow.
Thanks ! It's very stable and all on kk2-1.2v default settings....can't wait to see your Y6 !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:29 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
In short form what exactly do you want to do? If it flys fine!! why mess with it?
You're right, but as I said this is my first and I am a newbie in multicopters... I wonder if with firmware mods I get more control, better handling and in the future better video shots as this is my target (mounto gopro and shooting...) Thanks!
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:21 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
I decided to keep away from my Tri and KK2 board for a while as it was getting very frustrating, and thought better to approach again with a clear head! As it happened, this was a very good idea

I received a Turnigy programmer card, set up each ESC in the following way:

Brake: OFF
Battery type: Ni-xx
Cut off type: Soft cut-off
Cut off voltage: Middle
Start mode: Normal
Timing mode: High

Can someone please confirm if the above is correct, or let me know what needs changing?

Anyway, whatever I did, it did the trick!
M1 sensor now reacting to changes in angle, i.e. all three motors now speeding up/ slowing down appropiately to manual angle changes.
I did find the tail motor (M3) was not doing anything, so I went into the mixer editor and changed the gyro setting to -100. It's working now!

I was powering the maching up in my lounge, and one of the props shed a blade!! It had sustained a small strike last week, but couldn't see any splits etc when looking closely, but it came away at the hub, so clearly there was some kind of internal fracture..
I looked on eBay and found THESE:

Says they are rigid, so hoping they may be better.

Anyway, for now, I'm very happy to find my board is now working as planned

Just a question, might sound daft, the tricopter was trying to rotate with power on, is there anything I need to do about this before I commit to flying outside?

Any more pre flying or setting input very welcome

Thanks guys

Matt

I have the 1.2 firmware installed..Any more tips before I go and
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey guys.
Been sitting here for nearly 3 hrs reading. I've had my KK2 on my 525x for about 2 months now and its been a lot of fun. I've had some of the issues mentioned in previous posts and managed to sort them all out.
I've been using the acc mod FW and had the bugs, fortunatly my flying skills are improving along with the bug fixing, but... there is one problem I just can't seem to figure out no matter which FW I use. I start by getting the quad and the KK2 as level as possible, callibrate the sensors, make small adjustments in the self level menu and it fly's smooth as a baby's bum, but about 3-4 mins into the flight it starts to drift forward and right ? I can trim it out on the TX but next flight I have to center the trims before I lift off. In normal mode (no auto level) the trims seem to hold ok, I think (My flight skill level is not up to flying all the time without auto level). I've herd of somthing called "Thermal Drift" in MEMS gyro's but Im not sure this is the case but the drift is always the same way and at about the the same point in the flight.???
Anybody had similar probs?

Just found acc mod2, will flash it and see what happens...hehehe wish me luck.
I'm still on firmware 1.1 (my ebay USB Asp is lost in mail system) but I had a problem similiar to yours just recently. I had calibrated my KK2 board fine and flew my X250 in both modes without any problems, except when I was flying one day and decided to slow into a hover and toggle the self level mode on. My X250 started to go forward and to the right! I was like Wot? I reigned her in then switched SL off and put her into a stable hover no problem, switched SL back on.... and it drifted forwards right again! I don't know why I didn't notice such drift before...?? Normally I would land to switch modes, and thus never noticed the problem.... i probably just compensated for it subconciously. lol

Then I remembered that I calibrated it on a tilted floor... so I spent a tuning session putting my X250 on a few shims to tilt her back left, then calibrating it at that angle, then doing test hovers in Self Level mode until it hovered over my bed with no E/A stick needed. Now she's properly calibrated!

I don't know if this is the same issue as yours, but good luck!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:34 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,625 Posts
@Matt, I can recommend these props

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-104...-p-406234.html
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post

I call this angle control, since in this mode the stick position feels like it controls the exact angle of the frame, rather than the rate of rotation.
So it would be inappropriate for flips then?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
but about 3-4 mins into the flight it starts to drift forward and right ? I can trim it out on the TX but next flight I have to center the trims before I lift off.
I know it's stupid, but triple check and then locktite the CW props ( 1, 3 ) and see if the problem persists. Could be slippage and I was having similar symptoms for a few days that I could not track down and then yesterday I actually lost a prop mid-flight.

Ended up cutting the shaft short and attaching the props to the bell housing, not gonna have that problem again.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Thanks Steve! Just ordered two pairs.

Can you reccomend expo setting to begin with on a DX-7 please?

Cheers

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
I was powering the maching up in my lounge, and one of the props shed a blade!! It had sustained a small strike last week, but couldn't see any splits etc when looking closely, but it came away at the hub, so clearly there was some kind of internal fracture..
I looked on eBay and found THESE:
When I first got going last week I was using 11x4.7 from HK ( I think Gemfam ). The black ones would split at the hub on a hard landing. The green ones were fine, but I ended up going through my stock of one direction and switched to 10x4.5 and they are worlds better. Rigid is not necessarily better, my blades have a little give and can take a hard landing without trouble. I also feel like the 10x4.5 is a lot more responsive than the 11x4.7, but that could just be more comfort with this beast.