to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
i would like to try this and compare the results to the v1.1 i am currently using.
What is the latest code that i can flash to the kk2?
Will it work as good on a tri?
kk 1.2 Or 1.2accmod2 which is shane's workings. If you do any kind of FFF with banking and Yaw turns. Be careful and ready to turn if off again if it locks in any direction. As he said use at own risk...

I cant speak for the accmod2 with the higher settings! But if your new to this thing called muti rotors..stick with KK1.2

heres mine locking up with 1.2accmod.
KK2 AutoLevel testing (7 min 28 sec)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Hmmm?

Hey guys.
Been sitting here for nearly 3 hrs reading. I've had my KK2 on my 525x for about 2 months now and its been a lot of fun. I've had some of the issues mentioned in previous posts and managed to sort them all out.
I've been using the acc mod FW and had the bugs, fortunatly my flying skills are improving along with the bug fixing, but... there is one problem I just can't seem to figure out no matter which FW I use. I start by getting the quad and the KK2 as level as possible, callibrate the sensors, make small adjustments in the self level menu and it fly's smooth as a baby's bum, but about 3-4 mins into the flight it starts to drift forward and right ? I can trim it out on the TX but next flight I have to center the trims before I lift off. In normal mode (no auto level) the trims seem to hold ok, I think (My flight skill level is not up to flying all the time without auto level). I've herd of somthing called "Thermal Drift" in MEMS gyro's but Im not sure this is the case but the drift is always the same way and at about the the same point in the flight.???
Anybody had similar probs?

Just found acc mod2, will flash it and see what happens...hehehe wish me luck.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Last edited by jonesy40001; Oct 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Update
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
hey guys, i do have the redboard atmega48 kk multicopter. not sure if this is the right place to ask. but i am making the tricopter. when i push my throttle up, my motor1 spins first then as i go further up motor2 then starts to spin and further up motor3 then starts to spin. it just doesnt start spinning altogether. i have done throttle calibration already.
zappygon is offline Find More Posts by zappygon
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappygon View Post
hey guys, i do have the redboard atmega48 kk multicopter. not sure if this is the right place to ask. but i am making the tricopter. when i push my throttle up, my motor1 spins first then as i go further up motor2 then starts to spin and further up motor3 then starts to spin. it just doesnt start spinning altogether. i have done throttle calibration already.
Have you flown the tricopter yet??

Try starting the tricopter at different angles and see if the motors act different.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
Clear skies and calm winds...
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Nov 2011
881 Posts
kapteinkuk,
I need to ask this..... ( i have searched the thread and could not find the answer... but did not real all 357 pages)

In you original video with the foam disk quad, which camera did you use?
I'v ordered a unit to test from HK - will report later my experience...
Also, as of 10-18 should I update the FW for a quad / hex if all I want do to we slow easy flying ?

Thanks,
Dan
danphillips is offline Find More Posts by danphillips
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
@subaru4wd : nope, i am just trying the motors without propellers.
when i push the throttle alittle bit. as i tilt it around different motors start to spin. only 1 motor spins though.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:05 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
kk 1.2 Or 1.2accmod2 which is shane's workings. If you do any kind of FFF with banking and Yaw turns. Be careful and ready to turn if off again if it locks in any direction. As he said use at own risk...

I cant speak for the accmod2 with the higher settings! But if your new to this thing called muti rotors..stick with KK1.2

heres mine locking up with 1.2accmod.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0B6WIQTOU
Why don't you try the other one
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:10 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,365 Posts
Quote:
@subaru4wd : nope, i am just trying the motors without propellers.
when i push the throttle alittle bit. as i tilt it around different motors start to spin. only 1 motor spins though.
That could be normal, it depends on the conditions. By the time you are applying 20-25% throttle all the motors should be spinning.

how much throttle are you giving it to get all 3 motors to start?? And once the 3 start, are they going the same speed or is one slower than the others?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:14 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Why don't you try the other one
I was thinking about it, but all i use AL for is the camera and not for a faster response etc...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
@subaru4wd. depends on what conditions? i am almost 60% for all motors to be spinning. it seems same speed to me
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I was thinking about it, but all i use AL for is the camera and not for a faster response etc...
So all this time you have been talking about the AL you haven't been using the one that works
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:23 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,365 Posts
Quote:
@subaru4wd. depends on what conditions? i am almost 60% for all motors to be spinning. it seems same speed to me
Turn the gains up on your board and see if they spin up sooner.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:26 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
So all this time you have been talking about the AL you haven't been using the one that works
Im sure if does work now, but i could not be bothered...i actually fly my quad, not just keep the back of it closest to me all the time and just fly straight out and up with no banking or yawing...
Then re-flashed back to KK1.2 with a AL that i know works...its KK1.2
And as i said, i don't need his Modified "quicker response" as i only use AL for camera stability. Not to get me out of a jam,a lot of people think this well save em if they get into a predicament that they may crash...good luck...

Does the P and I on accmod2 AL work the same as 1.2?

This was after i crashed my quad!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...sIyzsOpc#at=95
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
@subaru4wd : can i know how do i do that ? i used the flashtool thing into the kkmulticopter board and didnt do much other things