SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
I'm going to get my first kk2 after using the original KK and trying to incorporate the FY-30A. I just want something that self-levels for video/FPV.

Is the self leveling in Shane Colton's videos typical? I see in another video the leveling looks much, much slower.
The self level shown in Shane Coltons video is typical. It is remarkable how better self level acts with his modified firmware. However, as stated before, there is a flaw if you YAW while pitched, your self-level settings get messed up and it will not return to level.

This can cause some issues, as you will fight the KK2 to return to level, and often if your rates are not high enough you can't get it level and you end up out of control. This can be overcome by switching off auto-level, and regaining full control of your craft.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
Y6 on the air

.opps !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
Y6 on the air

....not sure why video is not uploading...sorry
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
Y6 + KK2-1.2V * MAIDEN FLIGHT***SUPER STABLE***ALL Default settings (5 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,191 Posts
Y6...Cleaned

...some pix of my Y6 after a little cleaning ...this is a temporary set-up for now until I have time to make a better frame...maybe cf.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, MA, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Ok the reason i asked is! From my experence KK's Firmware is fine, so im not sure What shane was trying to fix in the first place..?
All i know my first flash was with his 1.2accmod and it gave me grief while in AL.

But prior to that i had the stock 1.0 from Hobbyking and it was fine. So now SC has it changed to 1.2accmod2 with a fix to the locking in if you fly around and bank over a certain angle and use Yaw. But i only experienced that after flashing with his first accmod...The stock KK1.0 and 1.2 worked/s great!!

On his first mod it was b16ldi Temp, 600. The value 600 roughly corresponds to 26. So he changed it too
b16ldi Temp, 1042 which would be over 45 degree's before it would lock up...

I need to read his full blog entry and see why he tried to mod it in the first place...
The goal of the modification is to enable a fast angle estimate, which uses both the gyros and the accelerometers together to produce pitch and roll angles. The accelerometers use the long term average of the direction of gravity, while the gyros fill in the short term gap where the frame itself is accelerating. The result is self-level mode with a snappier feel.

I call this angle control, since in this mode the stick position feels like it controls the exact angle of the frame, rather than the rate of rotation.

My first attempt at the modification had the problem where the angle could get locked if you yaw while at a steep angle. (It starts ignoring the accelerometer.) My second modification was to fix that bug. The stock firmware doesn't have that problem because it only uses the accelerometer angle, rather than the filtered angle.

All the code to do this is in firmware v1.2, just not enabled. I suspect it's part of a planned future release and still in the testing stage. So, as everyone has said, it's experimental and should only be used at your own risk.
scolton is offline Find More Posts by scolton
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post
The goal of the modification is to enable a fast angle estimate, which uses both the gyros and the accelerometers together to produce pitch and roll angles. The accelerometers use the long term average of the direction of gravity, while the gyros fill in the short term gap where the frame itself is accelerating. The result is self-level mode with a snappier feel.

I call this angle control, since in this mode the stick position feels like it controls the exact angle of the frame, rather than the rate of rotation.

My first attempt at the modification had the problem where the angle could get locked if you yaw while at a steep angle. (It starts ignoring the accelerometer.) My second modification was to fix that bug. The stock firmware doesn't have that problem because it only uses the accelerometer angle, rather than the filtered angle.

All the code to do this is in firmware v1.2, just not enabled. I suspect it's part of a planned future release and still in the testing stage. So, as everyone has said, it's experimental and should only be used at your own risk.

If I were to Flash my board with the latest firmware would I have to do the entire setup again? ESC cals, P&I settings, mode settings, etc.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
If I were to Flash my board with the latest firmware would I have to do the entire setup again? ESC cals, P&I settings, mode settings, etc.

Sudsy
If you are already on V1.2 then a reflash will leave your values the same. If you upgrade from V1.0 then your PI and mode settings will get reset and an ESC cal would be wise (V1.0 to V1.2 will also reset back to + quad).
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

Sudsy
Before you flash your KK2, go through all the screens and copy down your PI settings.

The ESC's hold the calibration themself. You might want to re-calibrate the ESC's, but it should not be necessary.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:41 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
844 Posts
Two Flights today

Well I flew two flights today with the 4 cell 4000MHr packs. Got 17 mins each flight before the battery alarm sounded. I use the external battery monitors. It flies great. Was still a little windy but I did mainly hovering in the parking lot. I.m going to leave this one alone.

Great for blowing leaves off the walkway and porch!

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
...some pix of my Y6 after a little cleaning ...this is a temporary set-up for now until I have time to make a better frame...maybe cf.
Nice Y6 copter you've got there. I saw your video and it seems to be very stable.

I had my 'T6' flying for the first time last night. It was very dark outside and I had no LEDs mounted so I only tried hovering. Pictures and details will be posted tomorrow.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
This are the DT700 or the 750? Lipo, total flight time?
pabmadi is online now Find More Posts by pabmadi
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post

I would like to try this and compare the results to the V1.1 I am currently using.
What is the latest code that I can flash to the KK2?
Will it work as good on a tri?
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I would like to try this and compare the results to the V1.1 I am currently using.
What is the latest code that I can flash to the KK2?
Will it work as good on a tri?
Well take a look at this
Killing power to my tricopter and letting it fall... Good Times (2 min 42 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:58 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Well take a look at this
http://youtu.be/dwbJ_WGqUs8
that guy aint all that good. i bet i could do that
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio