HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:19 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I though it was the norm to solder if from the bottom? also to the Neg tab? I haven't done this mod yet. But was considering too. I use a LVC alarm.
Hi As I understand the manual it seems to say that only one wire is needed
( through the hole) as the negative is taken via the common ground.

Also I saw on a video that this battery alarm also serves as a lost model indicator
apparently when powered and inactive for 30 mins the buzzer is activated
, if so nice touch Rolf thanks.

http://lucasweakley.com/2012/08/22/b...-updatereview/ @ 4 to 4.30 mins in

nice video

Now all I got to do is find a kk2 that actually allows my quad to arm and fly

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Oct 15, 2012 at 04:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
507 Posts
Whassup with the renewed auto level..firmware KK.....please can you update on this....
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Whassup with the renewed auto level..firmware KK.....please can you update on this....
Version 1.2 was the last official KK2 firmware. Some other people have been doing their own modifications and bug fixes.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=367321
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Anyone have tips on tuning the self leveling feature? Is it the same for all others, I=0 and crank up P until high speed and back off then turn up I until low speed oscillation and back off?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:00 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
So I think I've calibrated my esc's but I'm not quite sure as I'm not getting the exact same thing every time. Obviously the directions are very straightforward and I don't have a problem following them, but I'm not so sure I'm ever getting a finalized confirmation. I've watched a few video's but for some reason I have a few results.

I turn tx on, put throttle to full, hold down 1 & 4 plug in lipo. It says esc calibration. Then with buttons still held down and it saying esc calibration the motors will start turning at full throttle. I know that's not correct. Not sure why it's done this a few times.

Then however there are other times I do the same thing and it correctly says esc calibration and does the beeps, up, then it stays going into the musical thing of beeps where it does 1 beep then 2 then 3 then 4. Throughout all of this it still says esc calibration. I assume from watching videos after those first few beeps I can just take the throttle down to zero, but wasn't sure if it should say something else on the screen before dropping throttle. When I drop the throttle to zero then it gives me the few beeps that I think it's supposed to, but once again the screen just keeps saying esc calibration. Is this correct? Will it keep saying that until I release the buttons? I just thought maybe it would actually say something like calibration complete or something so you know it worked correctly.

They seem to be running up the same, so I think they're okay, but just wanted to confirm to see if something isn't right in what I am describing. Thanks
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,072 Posts
kk2 esc calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
So I think I've calibrated my esc's but I'm not quite sure as I'm not getting the exact same thing every time. Obviously the directions are very straightforward and I don't have a problem following them, but I'm not so sure I'm ever getting a finalized confirmation. I've watched a few video's but for some reason I have a few results.

I turn tx on, put throttle to full, hold down 1 & 4 plug in lipo. It says esc calibration. Then with buttons still held down and it saying esc calibration the motors will start turning at full throttle. I know that's not correct. Not sure why it's done this a few times.

Then however there are other times I do the same thing and it correctly says esc calibration and does the beeps, up, then it stays going into the musical thing of beeps where it does 1 beep then 2 then 3 then 4. Throughout all of this it still says esc calibration. I assume from watching videos after those first few beeps I can just take the throttle down to zero, but wasn't sure if it should say something else on the screen before dropping throttle. When I drop the throttle to zero then it gives me the few beeps that I think it's supposed to, but once again the screen just keeps saying esc calibration. Is this correct? Will it keep saying that until I release the buttons? I just thought maybe it would actually say something like calibration complete or something so you know it worked correctly.

They seem to be running up the same, so I think they're okay, but just wanted to confirm to see if something isn't right in what I am describing. Thanks
We have the same problem....and I did quit doing it after a million of times,I don't want to screw up my kk2 board due to I have this feelings that I will screw it up in the next 2-3 attempt.. I don't know how the other guys are doing it ,I watched and followed the instruction 100% but failed...I ended up calibrating it one by one the old way thru the tx....
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post

The KK2 has no understanding of your ESC's. What the KK2 is actually telling you is that it is sending your throttle position to all ESCs at the same time (pushing buttons 1 & 4 puts it in this state).

Generally (although, not in every case) you calibrate the throttle range on an ESC by connecting it to the throttle channel on the receiver, power up tx on full throttle, power up ESC and receiver, wait for a beep from the ESC which says "I have set max throttle position", move tx throttle to zero and ESC then knows when the zero position is.

If you can set the ESC throttle end points with the above method, you should be able to set all of them through the KK2 board. Check your ESC manual to ensure this is how it calibrates its end points.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,546 Posts
KK2 eeprom map

I have updated my blog with the KK2 V1.2 eeprom mapping.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23006358

Enjoy.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,905 Posts
I know that there are many people that are more than happy with this board but the more I read this thread the more I think that I have done the wrong thing by reordering another board after my first one never even got the motors to spool up

????

Jeff
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,072 Posts
kk2 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
I know that there are many people that are more than happy with this board but the more I read this thread the more I think that I have done the wrong thing by reordering another board after my first one never even got the motors to spool up

????

Jeff
I agree with you....more and more people are having issues when the board was upgraded to the 1.2 v.....and the BAD THING that made it worst is when you order/buy a new kk2 from HobbyKing ,it's already upgraded to 1.2 v...the last 2 I have was 1.2v already....HOBBY KING SHOULD GIVE BUYER A CHOICE ON WHAT VERSION TO BUY....Looks like they are playing blind on all the issues/problem with the 1.2 V....I know ALOT of smart people working on this issue/problem but,after knowing the bad side of the board...people starts walking away....I have no issues on mine yet so far...maybe I'm just lucky....I'm not walking away yet !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:15 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
I agree with you....more and more people are having issues when the board was upgraded to the 1.2 v.....and the BAD THING that made it worst is when you order/buy a new kk2 from HobbyKing ,it's already upgraded to 1.2 v...the last 2 I have was 1.2v already....HOBBY KING SHOULD GIVE BUYER A CHOICE ON WHAT VERSION TO BUY....Looks like they are playing blind on all the issues/problem with the 1.2 V....I know ALOT of smart people working on this issue/problem but,after knowing the bad side of the board...people starts walking away....I have no issues on mine yet so far...maybe I'm just lucky....I'm not walking away yet !
I hope my next one, which has been dispatched, is ok but i does seem that there are more and more different problems I am coming across on this thread If it was consistently one problem it would not be so bad as I am sure some bright person would find a way to fix it but it seems there is so much variation

Mine never allowed the esc to load then after several attempts to calibrate the esc the screen went blank , plus the fact the screen was physically falling off when it arrived

HK's QC is the problem my best guess

Jeff
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Anyone have tips on tuning the self leveling feature? Is it the same for all others, I=0 and crank up P until high speed and back off then turn up I until low speed oscillation and back off?
If you look at my previous post (5229) I flew my quad yesterday for the first time. I went through a battery pack doing the fine tuning. I wound up with numbers that are pretty high. I tried to set the P gain in self leveling and increased it to 150 to start. That made the quad oscillate wildly on liftoff. I reduced it to 65 and it flew ok. It was pretty windy so it was hard to tell what was causing the unsteadiness in the quad. I will refine these settings in calm wind next flight.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
....just wanna share some pix of my Y6 ...still waiting for the kk2 board.
looks cool dude
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
United States, IL
Joined Sep 2012
106 Posts
noob question lol

Ok guys I got my quad 450 flying but I was wondering something - is the quad suppose to handle similar to a CP type helicopter?( ie. if you make it go in one direction it will keep going that way until you change the stick position). Sorry for the noob question - kinda in a hurry so I did not search lol.
momofx is offline Find More Posts by momofx
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,072 Posts
y6

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post
looks cool dude
Thanks bro ! Hopefully it gonna fly cool too !
RCG Plus Member