Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,317 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the covering the holes. I also cut the outer edges off the foam lid that the kk comes in, where its the size of the kk it well be perfect. I think im going to use that instead of the foam tape i normally use.
It well serve 2 purposes protecting form the damp grass etc and dampening.

cheers
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,700 Posts
Having some fun with the KK2 boards

Fun with a quad-Pilot Joe Smith (6 min 46 sec)
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post

http://youtu.be/RCcA44lt-MM
Very nice
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
India, Gujarat, Bharuch
Joined Nov 2011
48 Posts
QuadRotor - Night Fury
Pushed the limits today and gained bit more
height. Plan was to complete the whole battery
pack(around 9min) but settings were not optimum
so landed it quickly.
QuadRotor - Night Fury (4 min 29 sec)
Dharmik is offline Find More Posts by Dharmik
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:23 AM
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post

http://youtu.be/RCcA44lt-MM
Very nice flying, I can almost cry that I can't fly my quad as perfectly as you do!
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:25 AM
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
haha yea i hear yea, i got the screws on the way now for when i need to use the dji arms.
Got her ready for the air once again. Much neater now with the PCB version of the Q450. Test hovered inside today all is good. Its re-flashed with normal 1.2

Just need to get outside and re tune it again.

leds are on a Turnigy on/off switch via the gear channel, RX is a Orange 6ch.
Hey I have the same frame and I guess the same motors (1000kv ?!) can you tell me your PI settings? I'm still struggling to find optimal settings for mine Thanks!
Oh by the way, those are 10x4,5 props right?
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
Originally Posted by pablojaime
Hi all, probably my question is already answered, but i lack of time to search in 270 pages of the thread, so here is:
I have a Tricopter, connected everything by the book, calibrated ESC's, calibrated sensors, calibrated sticks in the radio.
and when i connect the battery to the tricopter, the ESC's starts to beep faster, if i enter the menu of the board, after 2sec the beeping stops and the ESC's beeps every 5sec(normally), if i exit the menu, the beeping starts again and i can arm the FC but none of the motors start, only the rudder servo responds to the stick input after about 10% of throttle.
what can be wrong? why is the beeping?
Thanks!!

Pablo.

Ok, after searching all the thread found only one guy having the same problem, but his solution don't fit me...
so after flashing and re-flashing... testing ESC's calibration with FC and without FC, changing EPA on the radio, trims and so on... also in the FC i can see Throttle is in Idle on stick low and Full in stick high... and after a few hours of this and burning my brain..., I remembered that I have an old ESC from RCtimer 20Amp with motor from a non living plane.. so hooked up... and FUC Sh!!!! no beeping!!!! and works!!!! W.T.F.!!!!
Zen..... entering my Zen......
So, my Turnigy Plush 18Amp ESC's are no working with the KK2, witch is strange cause worked well with the old KK V2.1.
So is anyone flying with KK2 and Turnigy Plush 18Amp ESC's??? or it's only my ESC's Crazy????
Thanks!!!

Pablo.

Hi did you get this working? having the same issue. Thank you.
palmerplane is offline Find More Posts by palmerplane
Last edited by palmerplane; Oct 14, 2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Incomplete message first time
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:10 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
My h quad uses plush 18a ESCs without trouble. Can you hook the ESCs up to the Rx directly and get them to stop beeping? On the safe screen there are no error messages? You have done sensor as well as ESC calibration?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,061 Posts
fyi.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751276
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Benderfly NEFPV 2014 Fly In
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,556 Posts
Broken LCD?

Is your KK2 LCD broken?

Then you need my latest version of code that provides user feedback via the LED and Buzzer and allows you to check and change the configuration with a simple PC program using your standard programming cable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22997607

Enjoy.

Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:32 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Is your KK2 LCD broken?

Then you need my latest version of code that provides user feedback via the LED and Buzzer and allows you to check and change the configuration with a simple PC program using your standard programming cable.

Enjoy.

Steve you're brilliant!! Whats next?
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksto View Post
Hey I have the same frame and I guess the same motors (1000kv ?!) can you tell me your PI settings? I'm still struggling to find optimal settings for mine Thanks!
Oh by the way, those are 10x4,5 props right?
Hey. Yes they are 2826 1000kv's from RCTimer. The props are actually 8x4's from HK. I was using the 9x6 Tri props first, but got in some of 8x4's to test. they seem good so far.(((they were balanced out of package))) which i was very surprised and delighted to see.
I haven't flown her yet as i was waiting for my replacement arms. So she is newly rebuilt! Weather sucks here the past few days! windy and cold

As for the P and I settings, i have to re-tune mine because i had the 1.2 acc mod FW and it was giving me grief in AL. So i had to re-flash and reset everything.

To tune your board, turn your I gain to 0 and bump your P gain up until you see fast oscillation. once to that point, back it down until it smooths out.

Now start bringing your I gain up until you see the (slower) oscillation, then also back it down till its smooths out.

I think mine was somewhere around 45 P and 60 I gain.

Also turn your height dampening off while tuning your P and I
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Is your KK2 LCD broken?

Enjoy.

good job!

we really need a kind of repository for all KK2 software's versions. who's volunteer?
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
My h quad uses plush 18a ESCs without trouble. Can you hook the ESCs up to the Rx directly and get them to stop beeping? On the safe screen there are no error messages? You have done sensor as well as ESC calibration?
Ah ha. Seem to have got it now. just tried again. Dropped the throttle to idle after first beeps instead of waiting. thank you
palmerplane is offline Find More Posts by palmerplane
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Noob noob reporting from UK
When I read about this board being suitable for noobs I reckoned "that's for me!"

Just to say IT IS!! After some pretty miserable experiences with a Mike Dammar board some 5 or 6 years ago I have been looking out for another board that woud'nt break the bank.
I sent for a couple of KK2 boards, set one up on a Quad made from 1" PVC pipe.
Hovering is unbelievable. Very happy. Will probably try a more sophisticated frame now.

Ted (UK)
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto