Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
One word......

OMFG!

That was it. I woke up early this morning to get something to drink and go back to sleep and here I am still awake and .... excited!! LOL. I was able to get it in the air after fixing the M1-M4 issue. DOH cant believe how something so simple was messed up

Now its just a small issue (I hope) - whenever I get it up, it wants to quickly drift off forward and/or to the right (if I am standing in front of it). I know I need to go read up on tuning the KK2.0... oh and also fly it outside lol.

Oh and I cannot say this enough to everyone who gave their input to my problem but...

THANK YOU GUYS!!!
That's awesome man, i told ya from the beginning, no matter how many times you check and re- check. 99% of the time there's always something that is over looked...we've all done it.

As for the drift more then likely its needs to be trimmed out. Also did you set the quad on a level surface and do the sensor calibration? If so, i would think its just needs to be trimmed out.

Open up your sub trim menu on your TX, and go out and hover it. make your BIG trim adjustments in your sub trim menu. That should fix your drifting. Depending on how fast the drift is, i start with 3-5 increments while sub trimming.

Its best to stand behind the quad when trimming/flying it. unless you are a Pro
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Well I am haveing some problems right now all it wants to do is spin to the left I'm sure it is something simple I worked on the build all day so I called it quits for the night
Sorry to hear that ! I'm sure it's just a simple setting that is needed...did you try reversing the gyro ? Hope you will get it flying,I'm working on my home made vtail too and hopefully all will be fine too.... please update me brother on your Vtail !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Well, I've been busy the last few days rebuilding and testing my VTail copter. I replaced the Quadrino controller as an experiment to see how the KK2.0 would behave on the same frame. Some wiring had to be replaced as well.

I started with the Y4 configuration on my KK2.0 v1.2, but ended up using the mixer values posted by tech69x earlier. On stock Y4 configuration yaw gave too much roll influence and this made the copter difficult to control. With the special mixing values it now behaves almost as good as before (with the Quadrino 1E), so I owe tech69x and the original poster a big THANK YOU! Maybe I'll let the KK2.0 controller stay on for a while...

I did not see any problems related to vibrations with the KK2.0, whereas my Quadrino needs a LPF value of 42Hz to fly well. Very strange...

As you can see from my picture below the KK2.0 controller is located way off center, yet the copter flies very well. I have not tried Auto level yet, but it worked quite well with my Quadrino so I will give it a try tomorrow.
To the creative people out there: Don't be afraid to experiment with 'impossible' frame designs.

My next project will be a T6 (i.e. Y6 configuration) based on a similar frame design.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:49 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
All these V Tail YCopters are making me want to convert my Tri to a Vtail
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Y4 vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Well, I've been busy the last few days rebuilding and testing my VTail copter. I replaced the Quadrino controller as an experiment to see how the KK2.0 would behave on the same frame. Some wiring had to be replaced as well.

I started with the Y4 configuration on my KK2.0 v1.2, but ended up using the mixer values posted by tech69x earlier. On stock Y4 configuration yaw gave too much roll influence and this made the copter difficult to control. With the special mixing values it now behaves almost as good as before (with the Quadrino 1E), so I owe tech69x and the original poster a big THANK YOU! Maybe I'll let the KK2.0 controller stay on for a while...

I did not see any problems related to vibrations with the KK2.0, whereas my Quadrino needs a LPF value of 42Hz to fly well. Very strange...

As you can see from my picture below the KK2.0 controller is located way off center, yet the copter flies very well. I have not tried Auto level yet, but it worked quite well with my Quadrino so I will give it a try tomorrow.
To the creative people out there: Don't be afraid to experiment with 'impossible' frame designs.

My next project will be a T6 (i.e. Y6 configuration) based on a similar frame design.
Looking good ! Glad to hear that you got it back on the air. So you have it on Y4 motor layout/configuration on a Hunter Vtail set-up ? Did you tried it on the Vtail config. on the kk2-1.2v ? How's the prop rotation and placement on yours,are they same as on y4 with motors facing up? Sorry with all the questions...just curious.....would be nice to see a video when you have time !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
India, Gujarat, Bharuch
Joined Nov 2011
48 Posts
QuadRotor - Stability
QuadRotor - Stability (4 min 13 sec)
Dharmik is offline Find More Posts by Dharmik
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Looking good ! Glad to hear that you got it back on the air. So you have it on Y4 motor layout/configuration on a Hunter Vtail set-up ? Did you tried it on the Vtail config. on the kk2-1.2v ? How's the prop rotation and placement on yours,are they same as on y4 with motors facing up? Sorry with all the questions...just curious.....would be nice to see a video when you have time !!!
Thank you! Standard Y4 configuration did not work very well for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you use special mixing (as I did) you cannot call the configuration for Y4 or VTail anymore.
Prop rotation is CW (front left), CCW (front right), CCW (rear left) and CW (rear right). In other words; I did not follow the recommendations from tech69x on this point because it worked so well with my Quadrino and I wanted to make as few changes as possible before the comparison.
I will try to shoot a video one of these days.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:30 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Voltage alarm question. I wrecked 4 2200mAh sky lipos 3S this last weeks on my kk2. I'm flying with either 110 on the volt meter or more.
What is the indicator tell you? If you set 110 for 11.0v then does the alarm only got off after it dips to 11volts or less? Or does it start to beep when it gets close to 11v? I'm disappointed to have 4 lipid hitting the wall after what I thought was proper care.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:32 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
Voltage alarm question. I wrecked 4 2200mAh sky lipos 3S this last weeks on my kk2. I'm flying with either 110 on the volt meter or more.
What is the indicator tell you? If you set 110 for 11.0v then does the alarm only got off after it dips to 11volts or less? Or does it start to beep when it gets close to 11v? I'm disappointed to have 4 lipid hitting the wall after what I thought was proper care.
H
Some filtering is applied. If you go below 11.0v for a split second, it won't alarm. Otherwise, it will alarm when you go below 11.0v.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Limits speak to how much of the total power the frame gets to correct the deviation it feels. They can't be more than 100. Lower limits means power is used to correct the platform.
The high and low on the misc mixer for the servo speak to low=analog, high=digital. It's the refresh rate to the servo. Analog servo will wobble badly on high, potentially ruining your analog servo.
Filter on analog servo implements a low frequency filter that eliminates any servo wobble. If you have Servo wobble increase the filter setting.
I fly digital on high and a filter setting of 35-50.
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2chia88 View Post
Hi guys, can anyone help with my question?

1. does the P and I LIMIT have to be less than the P and I gain themselves? I cant really tell the difference when i change the limit settings. hope someone can share what the limit does? (i dont quite understand the video when he says it's like travel adjustment)

2. Im using hitec hs55 9 gram servos and i have set my servo filter to 50. what do high and low servo filter values represent? (i could get them to work at 1 - 80++ servo filter values).

Please help thanks!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:48 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
H
Did you solder in the additional input on your KK2 board so it knows the voltage of your battery?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:54 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Did you solder in the additional input on your KK2 board so it knows the voltage of your battery?
Absolutely, I'm quite comfortable with the working of the board, but, I don't know if the alarm goes on only after you dip below the predetermined position or as the voltage drops to the predetermined alarm level.
If in flying I hear a few beeps when I pump the throttle, I'm assuming a quick voltage drop, high amp draw. My turnigy low voltage alarm has 3 levels of info, constant off, light flashing, slow beep and fast beep, to tell you you're screwed and ruining your battery.
The KK2 has an increasing rate of beeps, I guess it only sounds when you're below the designated voltage. I'll be setting mine at 11.5, 115, from now on.
H
H
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Im just making sure. I wouldn't trust the KK2 board to alert me, thats why I haven't gone through with the procedure myself. I use a cheap voltage alarm i got off ebay and even tho its not accurate, it sure is loud. And has kept all my cells well above the 3.3v mark.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Y4 to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Thank you! Standard Y4 configuration did not work very well for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you use special mixing (as I did) you cannot call the configuration for Y4 or VTail anymore.
Prop rotation is CW (front left), CCW (front right), CCW (rear left) and CW (rear right). In other words; I did not follow the recommendations from tech69x on this point because it worked so well with my Quadrino and I wanted to make as few changes as possible before the comparison.
I will try to shoot a video one of these days.
That's one good thing with the KK2,we can create any configuration thru the Mixer Editor up to 8 motors. Is there any way you can guide me to tech69x settings ? I wanna see that setting/configuration and maybe it will help me later.Thanks for sharing the props placement and rotation on yours.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,568 Posts
shelterock
How low past 3v are your lipos? you can bring them back to life...But if they are puffed casue of the low voltage i would not.
Just charge them on a Nimh charge at the lowest charge rate. Mine(tritonEQ) is 0.1A. I had one at 2.8v before and it took 20 sec's to get it back up past 3v..that was over a year ago and its still going stong. But do at own risk! also use a lipo safe bag if you have one.With my esc's set at soft cut off, once i hit around the 3.5v it just dont have as much power. So im kinda puzzled how you manged to drain them to the point where there ruined?
But i do use a LVC alarm from ebay as well. one with the button on it that lets you adjust the lvc in the range of 2.7-3.7v i do belive!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member