Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:22 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
Clone DJI 450 Frame from HK
Ok I had the same problem this is what worked for me even if you have the motor lay out for quad x do a factory reset and reload it for quad x I fought with mine for two days and I did that it worked and make sure you calibrate your esc's

Good luck
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:25 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Hello guys,
I am having endless trouble with my quad 450 wanting to flip over when I try to take off. I have checked the blade/motor direction, connections, etc. still no go. Even recalibrated the ESCs and resetted the kk2.0 v 1.2- still flipping over I am stuck now.

Can someone maybe post their quad 450 settings with the kk2.0 and 9x radio with er9x firmware?

Cant believe I cant even get it to hover!
which 1.2 did you flash? the normal one or the ACC mod one? I'm still waiting on my replacement arms! But i did glue my broken ones back together and re flashed with the norm 1.2..

Went out in the yard to test it. Even though i jerry rigged the 2 broken arms with super gorilla glue, the motors are quite level(well one is a touch inward) But not enough to make it flip or anything.

I've ran my old scratch built quad(HK KKv2) with zip ties holding the motors down for over a year, it was not perfect and it flew fine.
see i could even shoot my freinds $500+ gaui 330

QuadCowBoyz (3 min 11 sec)

So i go out to test the auto level with the fw 1.2(non acc mod). Try to take off with AL off and the same thing!! wants to flip. all the parameters are the same.

On a plus! i did receive my new KK2.0 yesterday that i had to order!!! seeing you can not revert back to the FW that comes with the 2.0 from HK... that works.

This one well not be flash period!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:35 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Ok I had the same problem this is what worked for me even if you have the motor lay out for quad x do a factory reset and reload it for quad x I fought with mine for two days and I did that it worked and make sure you calibrate your esc's

Good luck
come to think of it tech when i did re-flash with 1.2, i did have Probs with the esc calibration. even though you do not need to hold 1 and 4 while plugging in, i could not get the calibration screen to come up.
1. Plug batt in
2.quickly hold 1 and 4
3. should start calibrating?

maybe thats why mine was flipping as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:36 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
come to think of it tech when i did re-flash with 1.2, i did have Probs with the esc calibration. even though you do not need to hold 1 and 4 while plugging in, i could not get the calibration screen to come up.
1. Plug batt in
2.quickly hold 1 and 4
3. should start calibrating?

maybe thats why mine was flipping as well.
Make sure you reload the motor layout quad x
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:49 AM
United States, IL
Joined Sep 2012
106 Posts
tech I just did what you said and it still wants to flip over

Here is my thread with some pics of how I have it set up - maybe you can see if anything is wrong? I dont know if the 9x with er9x needs some special adjustments...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745029
momofx is offline Find More Posts by momofx
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:58 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
What do you have under the kk
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:00 AM
United States, IL
Joined Sep 2012
106 Posts
It is screwed into some nylon spacers. The spacers are screwed directly into the upper board.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:03 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Hello guys,
I am having endless trouble with my quad 450 wanting to flip over when I try to take off. I have checked the blade/motor direction, connections, etc. still no go. Even recalibrated the ESCs and resetted the kk2.0 v 1.2- still flipping over I am stuck now.

Can someone maybe post their quad 450 settings with the kk2.0 and 9x radio with er9x firmware?

Er9x is just using "simple 4 channel" preset

Cant believe I cant even get it to hover!
Its interesting with quads.
Vibration requires => lower P and I settings
stability requires => higher P and I settings
flashed ESC allow you to run higher P and I gains => greater stability

Vibrations is your enemy.
I tackled a tree with my quad recently, and with chipped propellers I had a bad wobble from the quad as vibration upset the board

As an experiment, I increased "I" a little on pitch and roll, and the wobble went away (normally the approach would be to lower P setting, but increasing I affects P, and reduces its effect). With the higher "I" the quad is now a pig to lift off without wanting to flip over ... trick is to nail the throttle and get it clear of the ground. ..... moral to the story ... start with P, and I numbers on the conservative lowish side and work upward (this is a problem for beginners as you are starting with a quad that is not real stable).
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:07 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Make sure you reload the motor layout quad x
yipper, reloaded the motor layout. hmmm so i just went out and tried calibrating again. no way!! same thing plug batt in and quickly push the bottons. all i would get is the fast beeps because the thr is at 100%

so i tired the normal way of holding 1 and 4 then plugging batt in. bingo calibrated and test hovered in bedroom

lifts off perfect...weird...

once i get the new arms, im going to try 1.2 AL and see how it is. may be fine

momofx even though your checked and re checked...you must be overlooking something...under normal circumstances the 2 things that well make a quad flip is motor and or props spinning/orientated wrong or plugged in wrong from ESC- FC

But seeing the 2.0 shows you how the motor lay out is, its pretty dummy proof...beats me!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:20 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
It is screwed into some nylon spacers. The spacers are screwed directly into the upper board.
Did you perform the receiver test to ensure that your channels are moving in the right direction and calibrate the gyros/acc?
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:24 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Did you perform the receiver test to ensure that your channels are moving in the right direction and calibrate the gyros/acc?
Nylon spacers on that type of frame is not going to work its a dji clone
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:33 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
748 Posts
KK2, Hexa with gimbal

Hi
I have the KK2 board, and are about to buy a new so i can use the gimbal for camera stabilization.
What i really want is to use the KK2 board, but since kapeinkuk's post in mid june i cant see any more posts about coding it into the KK2 board.

I have the TGY 9x(er9x) with Frsky DYI module V8HT and the V8FR-II HV Rx. Can i use the KK2 board, buy the amount of gyros needed to control the gimbal through the Rx until the KK2 board supports it?

I have no experience with gyros and/or controlling gimbal servos with them so any help will be appreciated

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:51 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Nylon spacers on that type of frame is not going to work its a dji clone
but enough to make it flip? there not that bad lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:56 AM
United States, IL
Joined Sep 2012
106 Posts
Hey tech69x whats up I just remember who you were lol small world. We talked about which school I was going to for auto tech remember?? lol.