Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff View Post
I am having the same problem as fpvguy, but my Castle Phoenix 25A ESC's
have been flashed for Quad use with the Castle Link and have worked great
for about 3 weeks. I just decided to calibrate them again and got the same
reaction as he did. However, after this failed re-calibration.......my KK2 with
no firmware updates (about two months old) will not arm. Any suggestions
will be most appreciated!
Do the firmware update and once calibrated there is no need to do it again. And for the arming issue check your end points
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,657 Posts
Here's some fun flying with the KK2.

Best,
Chris

Fun Flying :) (10 min 37 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:05 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
1,916 Posts
Y4

Hello Guys !
I did got my latest order of the kk2 with 1.2 updated already. It has the Y4 config on it now and went ahead and build one.The flatform flys but,I'm having a hard time controlling it,especially the rudder stick,it has a slow stick response.I'm just wondering if I'm missing some important setting.Can somebody help me or can somebody share their kk2-1.2V setting on their Y4 ?. There are more stuff added to this 1.2V and not so sure about the CCPM setting.Thank you !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
525 Posts
i reflashed my board to the latest firmware and still, it wont calibrate. should i just give up?
fpvguy is offline Find More Posts by fpvguy
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvguy View Post
i reflashed my board to the latest firmware and still, it wont calibrate. should i just give up?
My RCtimer 30A flashed esc do the same, spin up when I try to calibrate,

I found that if i leave the motors spinning for few seconds (still while calibrating), then drop the throttle, as if you are going through the calibrating motions, then they will spin up at the same time when you fly it. Alternatively, you could calibrate them one by one on the receiver directly and that has worked for me also.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Hello Guys !
I did got my latest order of the kk2 with 1.2 updated already. It has the Y4 config on it now and went ahead and build one.The flatform flys but,I'm having a hard time controlling it,especially the rudder stick,it has a slow stick response.I'm just wondering if I'm missing some important setting.Can somebody help me or can somebody share their kk2-1.2V setting on their Y4 ?. There are more stuff added to this 1.2V and not so sure about the CCPM setting.Thank you !
I built and tested an Y4 copter some months ago using a Quadrino controller and found it to be totally rubbish. Yaw authority was really bad, making it almost impossible to control. I realized that Y4 is a really bad copter design that will only work indoors at best, so I converted mine to a V-Tail (with Y4 setup) and have never looked back.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
This is the Armattan 339 with the kk2.0

Maiden Voyage Of The Armattan 339 (3 min 59 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,916 Posts
Y4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
I built and tested an Y4 copter some months ago using a Quadrino controller and found it to be totally rubbish. Yaw authority was really bad, making it almost impossible to control. I realized that Y4 is a really bad copter design that will only work indoors at best, so I converted mine to a V-Tail (with Y4 setup) and have never looked back.
Sounds like you are very right. Mine all are working right but the Yaw is moving like a snail and cannot correct the tail on time no matter what I did for the yaw to move quick.Thanks for that info 'bout the Y4. Would you mine posting some pix on your VTail ? I am looking on converting mine too.
Thanks for responding my friend ...have a safe flight always !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:31 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,019 Posts
Helping my friend with his quad today.

Wouldn't recognize signal from the tx. All inputs were shown as zeros in the signal test menu. And the wouldn't move from zero.
After much confusion, I unplugged his beeper, and it worked fine
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,916 Posts
...what the

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif View Post

Wouldn't recognize signal from the tx. All inputs were shown as zeros in the signal test menu. And the wouldn't move from zero.
Is it the kk2-1.2 v ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:39 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Joined Jun 2005
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Is it the kk2-1.2 v ?
yes
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,916 Posts
kk2-1.2v

Quote:
yes
I'm just really curious,did you tried plugging in the beeper and did it happened again ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Having taken on a lot of feedback, I have renamed my new code V1.2_BSA1.

I do not consider this code as experimental. I have not included Shane's acc mod as he considers it experimental. Shane is more than welcome to include my bug fix(es) and functionality in his code.

The main purpose of my code was to help people having problems arming and disarming. To that end, I have added an "Arming test" to the "Receiver Test" diaplay and corrected a bug that may have prevented them arming and disarming (the bug could have also cause a crash).

KapteinKUK holds the pen. Hopefully, he will consider my bug fix(es) in his next version of code.

Ok, here is my contribution to this great code.

There are two bugs that have been fixed and two changes to the User Interface.

V1.2BSA1 Changes since Original V1.2

Under the menu option "Receiver Test" I've added an Arming test. Check you can set to "on" and "off" by moving rudder stick on TX to max right and left.

Fixed a bug where extreme throws could result in the maths resetting to mid stick (see gt1m1 - set limits to +/- 1550). In fact, I have just increased the window size (note that kk1 board software didn't have any limit).
I advise checking extreme stick end point throws on receiver test do not go back to zero. Really, your TX end points should be set so max throws seen in receiver test are +/- 100.

You can now check the version number from the main menu.

When the version is shown, I've continued to recognise Rolf for all his hard work.

Fixed a bug on Rolf's list, to fix - Arming LED stays on when entering the menu in "arming always on" mode.

This code has more funtionality and is more robust. I do not consider it experimental.

Best,

Steveis
I might pay to keep patched code in your blog page of this site to save people having to trawl though hundreds of forum posts when they need to find it.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,822 Posts
Quote:
Wow that makes no sense at all.
Even if the buzzer was shorting the two pins then at worst it would reset the processor if it tried to beep.
The sensors all have their own regulators so... no idea.
He's using the piezo buzzer that came with the KK2?, not some random arrangement?
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:15 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Joined Jun 2005
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Wow that makes no sense at all.
Even if the buzzer was shorting the two pins then at worst it would reset the processor if it tried to beep.
The sensors all have their own regulators so... no idea.
He's using the piezo buzzer that came with the KK2?, not some random arrangement?
correct. We didnt try plugging it back in to see if it would do it again. At that point we were just happy it was working after messing with it for so long, and wanted to go fly.

I guess I should add, the esc's would not calibrate either when the FC values were stuck at zero with the buzzer in. Infact, they made no noise other than chirp, chirp, chirp, ect.