Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:27 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I did not include the ACC mod of Scolton as I thought it was still experimental.
Quote:
I'm not a noob to either programming or flying so I'm not even going to say use this at your own risk. This code has more funtionality and is more robust.

I'm not waiting for KK to incorporate my updates into his next release as I think (but people will correct me I'm sure) he wants the masses to contribute to his code and publish updates - I'm sure he's got better things to do than write code all the time.
So what can you do to help fix the ACC+AutoLevel??

I like what you did with 1.3, but without Shanes auto-level fix I don't think its worth it. There aren't even enough improvements between 1.0 & 1.2 that are worth upgrading for. Unless you have a Tri with servo jitters.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Sometimes when plugging my battery in, if the board loses power and then regains power too quick I saw that same message.

A proper power cycle fixed the issue. I only saw it twice, and while fumbling with my battery connection.
Thanks, Subaru, and that's exactly what happened to me. The Deans to XT60
doubled snapped when I tried to power up and I didn't think anything about it
till the Quad went crazy and crashed. After the new arm, upon power up the
correct way, that's when I got the error code. Now I know it's important to
power up once and properly. The SPARK is not your friend!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Ok, here is my contribution to this great code.

I have updated it to V1.3 since there are two bugs that have been fixed and two changes to the User Interface.

Steveis
As mentioned before, code will never compensate for all situations, especially when there are so many variables to deal with. You are encountering this with so many transmitters out there with so many different ways of setting end points.

As someone did already, I applaud and salute you for your efforts. I am a VB .NET/SQL programmer and write code all day long so I know it takes alot of effort to try and compensate for all variables.

Will be flashing this on my KK2..
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
So what can you do to help fix the ACC+AutoLevel??

I like what you did with 1.3, but without Shanes auto-level fix I don't think its worth it. There aren't even enough improvements between 1.0 & 1.2 that are worth upgrading for. Unless you have a Tri with servo jitters.
When I embarked on this coding adventure, it was intended to help people with problems arming and disarming (as that appears to be the popular problem at present).

I've probably made a mistake calling it V1.3 (I am a noob when it comes to contributing to open source with branches and all that). I in now way want to remove any credit to Rolfe. His work is fantastic which is why I left his name on the version display.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:10 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
584 Posts
Successfull maiden today

Hi.
I successfully maidened my H550 with the KK2 board today and had no issues what so ever. I installed the board as specified in the manual and went out flying in quite gusty wind.

It felt really good but i forgot all about video and picts in the ten minutes i was in heaven. I've never flown a sixcopter before, but now i know that the old quad is out.

I'm looking forward to get my hands on the YS-X6.

One happy pilot!

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:20 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
When I embarked on this coding adventure, it was intended to help people with problems arming and disarming (as that appears to be the popular problem at present).

I've probably made a mistake calling it V1.3 (I am a noob when it comes to contributing to open source with branches and all that). I in now way want to remove any credit to Rolfe. His work is fantastic which is why I left his name on the version display.
Yeah you should read up on Version Revisions and the numbering system. 1.3 would be reserved for a major fix, like auto-level. Fixes of such a small scale (especially ones that aren't really "bugs") it would be propper to name it V1.2.1 like you did originally, and then 1.2.2 with your 2nd fix.

Im not a programmer, but I know a few and its funny to hear them geek out on things like this
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,279 Posts
Quote:

I just flashed it. May I suggest the following?

Change the hex file name from 1.3 to something like 1.2.C, etc. C is for custom
In the version menu change the V1.3 to as above.
In the version menu leave the credit to Rolfe because it shows you acknowledge his work and unfortunately most people don't do that. Hats off to you for doing so!!

There is a way to add your name to the main screen under the battery. Someone from Asia did that in a video I saw on youtube. You can always put your name and the version # there as well.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
As mentioned before, code will never compensate for all situations, especially when there are so many variables to deal with. You are encountering this with so many transmitters out there with so many different ways of setting end points.

As someone did already, I applaud and salute you for your efforts. I am a VB .NET/SQL programmer and write code all day long so I know it takes alot of effort to try and compensate for all variables.

Will be flashing this on my KK2..
Please let us know how it goes for you, RCJOSE. I will try this version if it works for you. Mark
Corlissmedia is offline Find More Posts by Corlissmedia
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Here's a vid of a quad I built from scratch today. I call it the Armattan 290. It's running a KK2, of course.

Best,
Chris

Armattan 290 Scratch Build Maiden Flight (5 min 32 sec)
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
And this one is the Armattan 328. This one is for sale. Fastest quad I've ever flown. Insane weight/ thrust ratio. Weight is about 700 grams including RX and battery but each motor has 860 grams of thrust... This thing is a mad house....

Best,
Chris

Armattan 328 For Sale (5 min 44 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Apr 2007
143 Posts
Nice Flying

Chris,
You sure know how to design,build,setup and fly those quads.Very nice.
What version of firmware do you have on the KK2?
partzee
partzee is offline Find More Posts by partzee
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:36 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
I did not include the ACC mod of Scolton as I thought it was still experimental.
I would be nice if you would do this then I could have the best of both worlds
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
And this one is the Armattan 328. This one is for sale. Fastest quad I've ever flown. Insane weight/ thrust ratio. Weight is about 700 grams including RX and battery but each motor has 860 grams of thrust... This thing is a mad house....

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/Of_Zw44-q_o
Wow! Very nice Sir. I am not able to fly the Armattan 339 to day because of Rain
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by partzee View Post
Chris,
You sure know how to design,build,setup and fly those quads.Very nice.
What version of firmware do you have on the KK2?
partzee
I'm running the latest version edited by Shane Colton. Mind you, I never use auto level but it's nice to have it working well for the sake of it.

Note that the edited version won't flash on my boards unless I flash the latest version first and then re-flash with the edited version. Not sure why but bottom line is it's all good.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
I flashed my KK2 with the newest Shane Colten FW yesterday, but now my quad is occilating and dosen't always respond... Pi gains are set to like 45. It worked yesterday but now its doing odd stuff, which is... odd. Also my Tx is on low battery, but i don't know if that affects it.
What should i do?
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap