HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:58 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post
Loaded up Shane's update to KK's software and it works. If you try flipping it on at a weird angle it can lock at a strange angle. Nothing I was not able to work with. Flip it off and back on and it was fine. You CAN NOT loop with this turned on. I got to stress test my frame when I slammed into the driveway tail boom first. Broke 3 props and a bent motor mount. Took almost 3 minutes to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prttXocII4s
Did you see this
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:34 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB View Post
Yes, it did light up. I also removed the ESCs and the wires to the RX. But no luck, avrdude (called from Lazy Zero's tool) always complained about a connection issue. The red light from the KK2 flashed briefly every time I attempted a flash, but thats it.

Same configuration (Lazy Zeros Tools, flashing cable and USB ASP) worked immediately after that with a KK1.
I checked the avrdude command that is called by the flashtool and it should work. Can you check if the -e parameter is also in your avrdude command.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:44 AM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it did light up. I also removed the ESCs and the wires to the RX. But no luck, avrdude (called from Lazy Zero's tool) always complained about a connection issue. The red light from the KK2 flashed briefly every time I attempted a flash, but thats it.

Same configuration (Lazy Zeros Tools, flashing cable and USB ASP) worked immediately after that with a KK1.
Have you tried with a seperat power sorce ?
I think the KK2 need's more power while flashing than many USB ports can supply.
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:01 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Hi Matt, attached is a modified KK2 hex file for you. It swaps the aileron and aux input. I've just flown with it. Now connect your rx aileron to the aux input on the KK2 board and see if the receiver test works.

Steve.
Hey thanks Steve

I haven't looked on here again since my last posts, so only just found this I'll try it out as I have nothing here to lose, but as Del says my tail servo is activated before arming so maybe it is bin fodder, but no harm in trying. Thanks again!

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:05 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Hey thanks Steve

I haven't looked on here again since my last posts, so only just found this I'll try it out as I have nothing here to lose, but as Del says my tail servo is activated before arming so maybe it is bin fodder, but no harm in trying. Thanks again!

Matt
I hope it works. Load it on, plug aileron to aux input and go to receiver test. As I say, I have flown it (in fact, I couldn't be bothered to flash back to the stock code so I've left it on!). It is the standard V1.2 build but I just swapped the inputs in the code.

The servo problem will be solved by selecting a tricopter set up. I know as I've fallen foul of this too
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:08 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
I think the KK2 need's more power while flashing than many USB ports can supply.
I had the same problem yesterday. Used another PC to flash the KK2 (one I used to use for the KK1 with no problems) and it kept bombing out half way through a flash. I disconnected the receiver from the KK2 and it just about had enough power!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Nope, earlier in this thread I recall Rolf said the KK2 board uses about 34mA, any USB could supply that unless it's faulty.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:02 AM
France, RA, Roche-la-Molière
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
I am still on 1.0. Tried to flash last weekend but I was not able to get a connection to the KK2. Would love to flash the scolton mod.

Thought the cable I am using might be defective, but tried to flash an old KK1 with it. That worked immediately and the ISP connector has the identical pinout. I am clueless how to flash it.

Maybe my KK2 has an hardware issue? Or is there any known difficulty with the KK2 which makes it harder to flash?
Hello
Try with a powered hub
vivazapata is offline Find More Posts by vivazapata
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:03 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Nope, earlier in this thread I recall Rolf said the KK2 board uses about 34mA, any USB could supply that unless it's faulty.
Did you have any escs, servos or a receiver connected at the same time as you tried to flash? My motors beep when I connect up the programmer so it's powering the ESC and the orange light is on my receiver, so it's powering that too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,261 Posts
Don't forget that the programmer needs power too. Even if just the programmer is connected, my laptop fails to detect it on one of the three USB ports.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
I dont have the skill's to argue regarding the teck-stuff, just my experiens.

The asbusb tool consumes some power aswell
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Don't forget that the programmer needs power too. Even if just the programmer is connected, my laptop fails to detect it on one of the three USB ports.

Fred
How much power is the programmer using?
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:13 AM
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post

Fred
You type faster than me Fred
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:43 AM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,077 Posts
guys, esterday with AVR USBISP i have flashed my copter with all ESCs and receiver connected. I even did hear the motor beeps of unarmed esc's, and all was working fine.
schumixmd is offline Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:55 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
Quote:
Will it cause any harm, when I plug in one ESC and give it power as well from there?
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB