HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:47 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
826 Posts
Loaded up Shane's update to KK's software and it works. If you try flipping it on at a weird angle it can lock at a strange angle. Nothing I was not able to work with. Flip it off and back on and it was fine. You CAN NOT loop with this turned on. I got to stress test my frame when I slammed into the driveway tail boom first. Broke 3 props and a bent motor mount. Took almost 3 minutes to fix.

KK2 board with Shane Colton 1.2 on the cheap easy tricopter (3 min 56 sec)
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I also recognized that scolton updated his mod and added it to the flashtool. The first mod will be removed to avoid any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Thanks for your time to write that for me, very much appreciated
I have installed the cables exactly as stated, noting the orientation of the board with the photo on the HK link you posted.
I just attempted a fw upgrade, but had errors. I have captured shots from my screen which explains the problems. My laptop automatically found a USBasp driver on line and installed it, but the error says I need to update the driver?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Matt
Does the LCD backlight go on when you plug the usbasp into the PC? Then you read the pin out mirrored.

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:09 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,912 Posts
Well guys, it's time to give up on this...I checked my wiring again(ugh) and found it was just one wire interposed with another-I swapped them over and tried reflashing, this time it erased data then wrote the new data (fw) onto my board!

This was encouraging I thought, removed from my laptop, went over to my T'Copter and re plugged the RX and ESC wires back in.

Armed easily enough, but worryingly the tail servo again deflected whist connecting the flight pack...I went into receiver test, and found that there is still no aileron signal..
Really annoying, that's board number three (this was the first KK2 board) so now will just wait for HK to post me out number 4..

Anyway, my screen capture shows the fruits of mine (and all of you good guys who helped me) labours, spent all day on this, but had to be tried..Now another waiting game with everything crossed that I will finally have a luck breakthrough, lol we'll see!!

Thanks again everyone.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Does the LCD backlight go on when you plug the usbasp into the PC? Then you read the pin out mirrored.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying there Christian, but yes the LCD backlight did come back on when I plugged it into my PC, would that have made my board worse? I did manage to get a successful write onto the board with the firmware though, but as I said above, still no change, it behaved exactly as it did before the FW upgrade Lol am depressed now! Just hate waiting and waiting...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:

Armed easily enough, but worryingly the tail servo again deflected whist connecting the flight pack...
Did you change the controller back to a tricopter setup after you flashed it? Default is quad copter which will drive your servo off.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:
I went into receiver test, and found that there is still no aileron signal..
Really annoying, that's board number three (this was the first KK2 board) so now will just wait for HK to post me out number 4..
I'm pretty sure you said you connected the RX aileron output to the fc elevator input to prove when you moved the tx aileron the fc registered it as elevator moving.

Have you connected up the aux input to switch self levelling on and off? If you can check that works, perhaps some kind soul would compile a custom code for you to use the fc aux input for aileron instead. It's a simple change in readrx.asm (change IntRoll rx6: to pinb,0 and comment out IntAux). Sorry but I can't compile the code.

In fact, can you connect the aileron signal to the aux input to see if it sees it change.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steveis; Sep 25, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:25 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,912 Posts
Hey Steve, many thanks, I'll have another try tomorrow, I can't remember if I reset it into tri mode again (have done it so many times the past few days) so will look at that first, and if there is a kind soul out there who can offer me a code, even better.
Will try the aux input for aileron control too, so once again, thanks

Matt
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Sorry to here it did not work Matt but it was worth a try.

This is my First KK board and has worked great, very easy to set up with the on board screen.

Never used previous versions of KK so no help with your previous two issues, does seem a bit weired you had same arming problem on two of them.

Maybe one of the geniuses here has an idea, it could get you flying whle awaiting new KK2.

I would RMA this duff one as it seems it is seriously messed up.

Del
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Sorry to here it did not work Matt but it was worth a try.

This is my First KK board and has worked great, very easy to set up with the on board screen.

Never used previous versions of KK so no help with your previous two issues, does seem a bit weired you had same arming problem on two of them.

Maybe one of the geniuses here has an idea, it could get you flying whle awaiting new KK2.

I would RMA this duff one as it seems it is seriously messed up.

Del
Hi Del

I did try and try to get the previous 2 boards to arm with zero success, but I'm thinking, I might try firmware changes on them tomorrow, got nothing to lose have I?
Who knows, my luck may still change!
Yep, will go for that. I am aching to get my tri flying, I guess it will feel even better when it does!

I may still pick your brains yet...

Matt
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post
Loaded up Shane's update to KK's software and it works. If you try flipping it on at a weird angle it can lock at a strange angle. Nothing I was not able to work with. Flip it off and back on and it was fine. You CAN NOT loop with this turned on. I got to stress test my frame when I slammed into the driveway tail boom first. Broke 3 props and a bent motor mount. Took almost 3 minutes to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prttXocII4s
http://web.mit.edu/scolton/www/kk2_1V2_modS2.zip
Did you use this version
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:34 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Need help: Tricopter servo not operational

Just installed a new KK2 board on a tricopter and loaded the tricopter motor setup, calibrated the ESCs, but the servo is not responding (this is when the throttle input is applied). To eliminate if the servo is bad, tested the servo on a different rig and it work fine.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Just installed a new KK2 board on a tricopter and loaded the tricopter motor setup, calibrated the ESCs, but the servo is not responding (this is when the throttle input is applied). To eliminate if the servo is bad, tested the servo on a different rig and it work fine.
check the output "rate" for that channel, I think you have 2 settings, fast and standard. if you are using a digital servo then it could be set to fast
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
180 Posts
anyone know if the KK2 is going to be updated with a camera gimbal addon function that works with the quadcopter, unlike openero that is a standalone camera gimbal?
ntc is offline Find More Posts by ntc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prttXocII4s
Hot damn you are good at flying.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Resolved issue with the servo not operating

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post
check the output "rate" for that channel, I think you have 2 settings, fast and standard. if you are using a digital servo then it could be set to fast
Figured out that the servo was not getting any power. Unlike the KK board, the middle pins (V+) of M1 is not connected to M2-M8 on the KK2. However, M2-M8 are connected.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Sep 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM.