HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplet View Post
Would love to see some pictures of your setup, I've been burning through arms on my HK F450 after going through 5 kits, I've got plenty of plates which are super strong haven't damaged one yet. Would be great to see how you got the alum towel bars mounted and what size they are.

Thanks
Andrew
Thanks. I have a video coming up showing the details of the quad.

Jose
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Relatively a noob at this Del, so not any of that yet..Just finding a diagram with the correct orientation on the flash cable is what I'm aiming for now, any ideas where I can get this info from?
You can find this information at HobbyKing. Look under the 'Files' tab for the KK2.0 product page. Additional details can be found on the product page for the USBasp programmer.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
Quote:
You can find this information at HobbyKing. Look under the 'Files' tab for the KK2.0 product page. Additional details can be found on the product page for the USBasp programmer.
I did find that, but the images are a little confusing, One of them shows 7 ports, but there should only be 6 wires?

If I could figure out the correct sequence then there is no risk of destroying my board..I have ordered another USBasp with the correct 10-6 cable (sent me the wrong one on my first buy)
I have attached the images below.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
856 Posts
Quote:
I did find that, but the images are a little confusing, One of them shows 7 ports, but there should only be 6 wires?

If I could figure out the correct sequence then there is no risk of destroying my board..I have ordered another USBasp with the correct 10-6 cable (sent me the wrong one on my first buy)
I have attached the images below.
where do you see 7 wires ?

The first picture you link is correct.
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
Oh yes!! Sorry about that, one of the lower ones in red, looked black to me, I can see it now, I have poor colour sight. Thanks. Edit: No it was actually the second image that shows 7..

So how do I connect up these wires in the correct order, some of the names on each port don't have corresponding names on the 6 port..Can anyone guide me to the correct corresponding sequence, wire by wire please?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyifamppowered View Post
Has anyone else tried the new 1.2 Shane Colton edition yet ????
After reading his blog ( and I admit not really understanding it all) I am keen to try it but has the flip over problem been sorted?
The videos look amazing. I plan to try in on a big tricopter that I have flying well but just no so great on the autolevel.
Rob
Yup. Try it out and you will love it!! I heard the flip problem has been fixed and there is a new .hex you can download. I have only experienced the flip problem once, and that was after a crash. A quick power cycle fixed the issue.

Im going to load the new "fixed" .hex today and test it.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Yup. Try it out and you will love it!! I heard the flip problem has been fixed and there is a new .hex you can download. I have only experienced the flip problem once, and that was after a crash. A quick power cycle fixed the issue.

Im going to load the new "fixed" .hex today and test it.
His blog page says that the yaw decoupling problem hasn't been resolved yet... so don't yaw while you're tilted.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
His blog page says that the yaw decoupling problem hasn't been resolved yet... so don't yaw while you're tilted.
Ahhhhh... is that why my tri wanted to yaw like crazy after a while?? I thought I bumped my Yaw servo or something.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
Where is the Kaptain????????????????????????????????
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Oh yes!! Sorry about that, one of the lower ones in red, looked black to me, I can see it now, I have poor colour sight. Thanks. Edit: No it was actually the second image that shows 7..

So how do I connect up these wires in the correct order, some of the names on each port don't have corresponding names on the 6 port..Can anyone guide me to the correct corresponding sequence, wire by wire please?
'NC' means 'Not Connected' so this pin is not in use. You need to bring the six red pins in the first picture over to the smaller connector on KK2.0 like this:

MOSI -> MOSI = Pin 1 to pin 4.
VCC -> VCC = Pin 2 to pin 2.
RST -> RST = Pin 5 to pin 5.
SCK -> SCK = Pin 7 to pin 3.
MISO -> MISO = Pin 9 to pin 1.
GND -> GND = Pin 10 to pin 6.

Remember that your images depicts the male connectors (top-down view).
The picture below shows the KK2.0 ISP connector pin-out.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3X13752X49.jpg
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, MA, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Ahhhhh... is that why my tri wanted to yaw like crazy after a while?? I thought I bumped my Yaw servo or something.
The yaw problem is what KapteinKuk describes in the previous post: If you are tilted at a steep angle and then you yaw quickly, the gyros can't update the pitch and roll angles. Imagine pitching up 30, then yawing left quickly 90. The true state is now roll left 30 and pitch 0, but the pitch and roll gyros haven't recorded any rate of change, so the pitch and roll angles are only slowly corrected by the accelerometers.

In no case should that cause uncontrollable yaw. If anything, it will cause problems with pitch and roll.
scolton is offline Find More Posts by scolton
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:39 PM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
856 Posts
Quote:

Like this:
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
'NC' means 'Not Connected' so this pin is not in use. You need to bring the six red pins in the first picture over to the smaller connector on KK2.0 like this:

MOSI -> MOSI = Pin 1 to pin 4.
VCC -> VCC = Pin 2 to pin 2.
RST -> RST = Pin 5 to pin 5.
SCK -> SCK = Pin 7 to pin 3.
MISO -> MISO = Pin 9 to pin 1.
GND -> GND = Pin 10 to pin 6.

Remember that your images depicts the male connectors (top-down view).
The picture below shows the KK2.0 ISP connector pin-out.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3X13752X49.jpg
Thanks for your time to write that for me, very much appreciated
I have installed the cables exactly as stated, noting the orientation of the board with the photo on the HK link you posted.
I just attempted a fw upgrade, but had errors. I have captured shots from my screen which explains the problems. My laptop automatically found a USBasp driver on line and installed it, but the error says I need to update the driver?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Matt
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
I have installed the cables exactly as stated, noting the orientation of the board with the photo on the HK link you posted.
I just attempted a fw upgrade, but had errors. I have captured shots from my screen which explains the problems. My laptop automatically found a USBasp driver on line and installed it, but the error says I need to update the driver?

Matt
You can get a win7 driver from Hobby Kings website. There are two available, and it took me a little trial & error to get one to work right.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

Matt
You may be using the wrong driver as user subaru4wd mentioned.
Did your KK2.0 board power up as you connected the programmer?
Do you have a receiver and/or ESCs connected to your KK2.0? If so, try removing these.

Some laptops have problems providing enough power through USB so you may want to use one of the rear USB connectors on a stationary PC or an USB hub with external 5V supply.
USB cables should be avoided.
RCG Plus Member