HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:40 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Ok, I just tried arming by using left rudder and zero throttle, now it arms on my Spektrum 7, but the manual says to use right rudder to arm, and left to disarm..other way around for me!

Still not able to discover why there is no aileron signal..I am perplexed by this, no internet or RCG searches are showing any resolution to this issue (as far as my searches have shown anyway) I'm unable to go any further until I get this sorted. I built this tricopter from scratch over a year ago, I couldn't get either of my two preceding KK boards to arm,whatever I did, so was pinning hopes on this version working out for me..

To see this on ARM was a good sight to see! (for me anyway,lol) Awaiting advice..

TIA

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:45 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Still not able to discover why there is no aileron signal..I am perplexed by this, no internet or RCG searches are showing any resolution to this issue (as far as my searches have shown anyway) I'm unable to go any further until I get this sorted. I built this tricopter from scratch over a year ago, I couldn't get either of my two preceding KK boards to arm,whatever I did, so was pinning hopes on this version working out for me
Check the soldering on the aileron connector on the board. Also, swap two cables over to eliminate the aileron cable between controller and receiver.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I just tried arming by using left rudder and zero throttle, now it arms on my Spektrum 7, but the manual says to use right rudder to arm, and left to disarm..other way around for me!

Still not able to discover why there is no aileron signal..I am perplexed by this, no internet or RCG searches are showing any resolution to this issue (as far as my searches have shown anyway) I'm unable to go any further until I get this sorted. I built this tricopter from scratch over a year ago, I couldn't get either of my two preceding KK boards to arm,whatever I did, so was pinning hopes on this version working out for me..

To see this on ARM was a good sight to see! (for me anyway,lol) Awaiting advice..

TIA

Matt
Did you perform a receiver test via the KK2 menu and confirm that you channels are changing the values in the menu and that the channels are being registered in the right direction, left/right? It sounds to me that one of your channels is reversed being that you are arming in the reverse direction.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Thanks guys

First of all, I swapped the aileron and elevator cables at the RX, and tried again. When moving the aileron stick, it shows up as working on the LCD, so looks as if there might be an issue with the soldering...I took the board off the frame and flipped it over to see the soldering, and it look as if the soldering blob (upper right on the board) connects with the elevator connection on the outer board edge pin..

Am assuming this is the possible cause, and that I need to scrape the solder bridge out? Just want to check with you before I go ahead..

Sorry about the pic quality, this is from an old cell phone.

Matt
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Not so sure now...I found this pic of the board, and looks as if the bridge soldering on the outer pins is normal?

Will the debug mode reveal anything regarding my aileron non- signal do you think?

This is so frustrating...Had to wait over a month for this board as they were OOS at HK when I ordered..

I just want to fly it!!

Matt
Last edited by Matt Halton; Sep 24, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:51 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
That is just all the ground pins connected together. Normal.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:57 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Did you perform a receiver test via the KK2 menu and confirm that you channels are changing the values in the menu and that the channels are being registered in the right direction, left/right? It sounds to me that one of your channels is reversed being that you are arming in the reverse direction.
I've just checked these too on the board,and all were ok, except for the rudder, which will explain my arming issue..Ran the motors in armed mode with partial throttle (no props) after calibrating on the board, when I tilt the machine, you can hear the motors speeding up and slowing down, (forward/back) also can hear the motors speed up/slow down in roll mode, tilting R + L.. Still says Ail no signal on my LCD..

Do I have a bad board, or ( hopefully) have missed something else?

I can't be alone with this issue can I?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
That is just all the ground pins connected together. Normal.

Hmmm...thanks, another possible ruled out..Oh well...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Mar 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm...thanks, another possible ruled out..Oh well...

i didnt read all your posts butt i see you have dx7 spektrum

check if you tx is set like this

TYPE SELECT: acro
MODEL NAME: whatever
D/R SWITCH SEL: individ
WING TYPE: flaperon off
v-tail off
delta off

INPUT SELECT: aux2: 2p sw
aux2 trim:inh
flap: system
flap trim:act

THRO RECOVERY: inh

good luck
zokizo is offline Find More Posts by zokizo
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2012
162 Posts
May seem silly, and you may have already done this, but check your connector on the board for ail. The pins are sometimes a bit wide, and the connector misses the inside pin. I did this once, that is how I know...
Crashed22 is offline Find More Posts by Crashed22
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,300 Posts
Quote:
I've just checked these too on the board,and all were ok, except for the rudder, which will explain my arming issue..Ran the motors in armed mode with partial throttle (no props) after calibrating on the board, when I tilt the machine, you can hear the motors speeding up and slowing down, (forward/back) also can hear the motors speed up/slow down in roll mode, tilting R + L.. Still says Ail no signal on my LCD..

Do I have a bad board, or ( hopefully) have missed something else?

I can't be alone with this issue can I?
To be sure the right motors are speeding up when tilting another thing to test is...

install your props, bring it out side step back 10ft. Your muti rotor well not lift off until you are giving about 50% thr. Arm the board and give about 25-35% thr and bank your AIL left and right to see if it is sending the right signal. do tha same with your yaw.

As for your arming/disarming. What is your rudd channel on your radio? nor or rev?
I use a 7s and mine is Normal
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Lower your P gain and I gain on Yaw axis. Good P gain on yaw axis is when quad doesn't goes up or down when yawing.
yes but what happens if i lower P gain

i make pirouette and when i release rudder stick quad goes about 40 degrees more left or right depends where i move rudder
does not stop immediately
zokizo is offline Find More Posts by zokizo
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Thanks for your suggestions guys, I'll try them, and let you know how I get on with it

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:14 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo View Post
i didnt read all your posts butt i see you have dx7 spektrum

check if you tx is set like this

TYPE SELECT: acro
MODEL NAME: whatever
D/R SWITCH SEL: individ
WING TYPE: flaperon off
v-tail off
delta off

INPUT SELECT: aux2: 2p sw
aux2 trim:inh
flap: system
flap trim:act

THRO RECOVERY: inh

good luck
Thankyou! I just checked it, and is already set as you described, so another variable ruled out..Also swapped one of the male/male board to RX leads in case one was substandard, aileron still says no signal.

Thanks anyway!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:32 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
To be sure the right motors are speeding up when tilting another thing to test is...

install your props, bring it out side step back 10ft. Your muti rotor well not lift off until you are giving about 50% thr. Arm the board and give about 25-35% thr and bank your AIL left and right to see if it is sending the right signal. do tha same with your yaw.

As for your arming/disarming. What is your rudd channel on your radio? nor or rev?
I use a 7s and mine is Normal
Rudder setting is now on Normal. Will give your suggestion a try outside tomorrow (if the rain is gone)
One other thing, my rudder servo isn't moving, and reads 5 on the receiver test, the number doesn't change when moving the stick r to l.Obviously this needs to work before I go outside. I have an almost full 3s battery on it, but voltage readout says zero on the LCD...