Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,342 Posts
Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjante View Post
maybe this will help you?

Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.
Thanks ! I did it already before I saw your post....thanks anyway. Now my tri is flying already.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Well good for you.

Is there some point you are trying to actually make, or are you just trying to insult the product and it's creator?
I am in NO way trying to insult him. The kk2.0 is a very good flight control but hobbykings QC is not very good that's all I'm saying
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
hobbykings QC is not very good that's all I'm saying
haha thats old news
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
Yes the flight was FPV all the way...down
One battery used. Dean feeding the distribution board and balance plug feeding the VTx and Camera (Camera is powered thru the VTx).
Any ideas?
My theory is the single power source. Again this is just a theory, if a power dropout occurs, it could potentially affect the ESCs and cause them to fail during flight.

So,I rewired everything and now use a separate dedicated battery pack for the inboard FPV gear.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:39 PM
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2010
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo View Post
here go again!

when i move rudder stick left or right my quad goes left or right BUT ALSO GOES UP i can not make piruette withot quad goes 1-2M UP

i write problem here before one month and answer is been mostly maybe its defective board

i got it another one and still i have same situation so what i can do

my setting is

roll/pitch P 55 I 45
yaw P 40 I 40

firmware is 1.2
Tighten the tension on your throttle stick. Sounds like when you use rudder, you are also pushing up on the throttle a little.
HELIRON69 is offline Find More Posts by HELIRON69
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:16 PM
Portugal, Braga, Vila Verde
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
fw 1.2

whats the diference of the 2 fw??????
1.2 and 1.2 accmod
thanks
lacha is offline Find More Posts by lacha
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacha View Post
whats the diference of the 2 fw??????
1.2 and 1.2 accmod
thanks
Good question. I was just about to ask the same thing. I just updated 4 KK 2.0 boards last night to V 1.2 and I saw that in the drop down box. What is accmod? Do I need it?
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, MA, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRetSEAL View Post
Good question. I was just about to ask the same thing. I just updated 4 KK 2.0 boards last night to V 1.2 and I saw that in the drop down box. What is accmod? Do I need it?
I believe ACCmod is the modified v1.2 firmware that I posted about a while back. I didn't notice that it made its way into the flash tool until recently. It enables a faster angle filter which combines the gyro and accel for self-level mode.

Some people have had problems with this modification, so I wouldn't recommend using it except for experimental purposes / at your own risk. The update from KK was that it will have problems with yawing while at steep angles. It can also get "stuck" at an incorrect angle. I have made one other minor tweak which solved the second problem. I will upload a video to explain the problem and the fix.

Short answer: Use stock v1.2 firmware for most reliable option. ACCmod version is modified/unofficial and experimental.
scolton is offline Find More Posts by scolton
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,619 Posts
i asked last week and never got a anwser. I just assumed the one with out acc mod did not have the trim function in the autolevel menu. Then my quad went in, so when i rebuild im going to flash it with the normal 1.2 and see what the diff is.

if someone has it flashed with the v1.2acc mod, reflash it and see if that trim option is in the 1.2
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
i asked last week and never got a anwser. I just assumed the one with out acc mod did not have the trim function in the autolevel menu. Then my quad went in, so when i rebuild im going to flash it with the normal 1.2 and see what the diff is.

if someone has it flashed with the v1.2acc mod, reflash it and see if that trim option is in the 1.2
If people would just read this thread before posting, then the same questions wouldn't have to be answered over and over, thus making the thread an order of magnitude shorter!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3187
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:33 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post
I believe ACCmod is the modified v1.2 firmware that I posted about a while back. I didn't notice that it made its way into the flash tool until recently. It enables a faster angle filter which combines the gyro and accel for self-level mode.

Some people have had problems with this modification, so I wouldn't recommend using it except for experimental purposes / at your own risk. The update from KK was that it will have problems with yawing while at steep angles. It can also get "stuck" at an incorrect angle. I have made one other minor tweak which solved the second problem. I will upload a video to explain the problem and the fix.

Short answer: Use stock v1.2 firmware for most reliable option. ACCmod version is modified/unofficial and experimental.

Thanks scolton, i have the 1.2 ACC mod flashed on mine, not sure if you seen my video of what mine would do when AL was enabled.
With it at stock P gain at 20 and stock I limit at 20 in the AL menu the AL was very unpredictable as seen in my video. If i zero'd them out, it would hold level perfect. down side was i had not control. Once i started bumping up the gain and limit the the pitch or roll(or abit of both) would compond) with it at 20 it was a pretty fast and sharp bank. Enough that ifit happned in that room you were in. it would of Prob been out through the glass window

I wanted a bit of control, like on the stock FW from HK as i was planning to use it mainly with a camera. Not to bail me out of a sticky situation. usually when something goes wrong on a quad, it happens that fast you would not be able to pull the switch lol
I can see the benefit of helping people new and trying to learn though.

Now you have me wondering it the FW 1.2 "acc mod" is causing that.

Diffidently be flashing it with stock 1.2 when i get my replace F450 arms.

Re-post of the video. Cause I'm sure there are people who have not read every last word of this thread!
KK2 AutoLevel testing (7 min 28 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts
Quote:
If people would just read this thread before posting, then the same questions wouldn't have to be answered over and over, thus making the thread an order of magnitude shorter!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3187
Us noobs need a wiki about the kk board that is regularly updated by the experts or at least a long updated FAQ
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
Us noobs need a wiki about the kk board that is regularly updated by the experts or at least a long updated FAQ
Make one, the KK2 firmware is an open source project after all.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:12 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post

How is possible people don't know what they do flash in their kk2.0 board?

Did LazyZero add your hacked firmware in his tool/database?

If people find only from the firmware from official source (that is a post here from mr KK) these ambiguities are not possible

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: let remember that your hacked firmware is a nice experiment, but it is nothing else then code done by mr kk, that is uncompleted and consider not stable by mr kk, for this reason it is only in the source code , commented out, but intentionally not part of the official firmware ... as mr kk said about, the problem is a yaw input in special attitudes in autolevel on, may cause undesired results
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Make one, the KK2 firmware is an open source project after all.
The code is open now

But there is no community working on it ...

Quite different compared to multiwii or other real open source projects

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: but Mr Kk, alone can do software/firmware better then most of the internet open source communities
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70