HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcflyer444 View Post
So for Low Voltage Alarm i can just solder a cable to the hole in the board and on my Battery Solder Point?
Check this video out, it should help..

KK2 Voltage Alarm Setup (7 min 21 sec)
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
yea if she wants to go in a certain direction, while calibrating the sensors add shims of some sorts, i used paper and kept adding it till the Board was level.
Use a small bubble level.

But with FW1.2 it has ACC trim feature. (pitch and roll) which is "supposed" to be able to trim the AL out, so no need to recalibrate with the KK level.
But im having issues with the AL feature period...
I'll try to recalibrate with it shimmed underneath and see if the AL works better. How do I tell what version am I on and what version is everybody running? FYI I'm using the KK2.0 w/lcd from hobby king.
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Ok, it worked, thanks.
Rcflyer444 is offline Find More Posts by Rcflyer444
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:07 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuwan View Post
I had the same problem - sadly. I;m not sure what caused it, but here's a fix that you can do:

1- Solder the power pins from M1 to M2 (as I think you've already done) so that the board gets power.
2- Change the mix settings to enable M8 (just copy the settings from M1); then take the cable you normally plug into M1 and plug it into M8;

It should work then.
Brilliant idea. I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Bhuwan!
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Brilliant idea. I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Bhuwan!
I forgot to add: I can't take credit for any of this !! Someone in this thread told me to do this. - forgot their name
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
about:blank
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
I'm impressed with this board.

I do have one serious issue though.
The motors start to pulsate randomly anywhere above 70% throttle when connected to the KK2. Managed to burn one because of this.

I'm running NTMs 28-26 1200KV with 8x4.5 props on 4S, pulling 20A per motor at peak.
Flashed HK blue series 20A.

The weird thing is it doesn't happen when I'm using the servo tester. I've ran the motor for a minute at max throttle and it gets a bit warm but that's all.

Could it be that the update frequency is to high? I certainly seems that way, it starts to pulsate, almost like the timing's is off.

I tried lowering the update rate in the mixer settings but you can't when set to ESC.

Anyone experienced something similar?
mongo56 is offline Find More Posts by mongo56
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:44 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo56 View Post
I'm impressed with this board.

I do have one serious issue though.
The motors start to pulsate randomly anywhere above 70% throttle when connected to the KK2. Managed to burn one because of this.

I'm running NTMs 28-26 1200KV with 8x4.5 props on 4S, pulling 20A per motor at peak.
Flashed HK blue series 20A.

The weird thing is it doesn't happen when I'm using the servo tester. I've ran the motor for a minute at max throttle and it gets a bit warm but that's all.

Could it be that the update frequency is to high? I certainly seems that way, it starts to pulsate, almost like the timing's is off.

I tried lowering the update rate in the mixer settings but you can't when set to ESC.

Anyone experienced something similar?
Did you calibrate ESC's?
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Did you calibrate ESC's?
Of course. I'm not new to this ^^
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Well I have lost 2 motors now I know why
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
On a second though, the KK2 is probably just over driving the ESCs at higher loads (when quickly compensating) and they go into over current protection mode. I'll cut the props down 0.5", should do the trick.

Or go 3S and bigger props, I hate big props though, not nimble enough.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,350 Posts
PI Editor

Hello guy ! Thanks for all the help on my Tri....I got it flying now...THANKS A MILLION

I have a question about the PI Editor, When I input a number on the Roll (Aileron) that number will also goes to the Pitch (Elevator) settings and both got the same number,Is there anyway I can set a number on the Roll and Pitch separately and not copy it's other? Please let me know if there is way on doing it.....HAVE A WONDERFUL FLYING WKEND TO ALL !!!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:59 PM
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Hello guy ! Thanks for all the help on my Tri....I got it flying now...THANKS A MILLION

I have a question about the PI Editor, When I input a number on the Roll (Aileron) that number will also goes to the Pitch (Elevator) settings and both got the same number,Is there anyway I can set a number on the Roll and Pitch separately and not copy it's other? Please let me know if there is way on doing it.....HAVE A WONDERFUL FLYING WKEND TO ALL !!!!
If I'm not mistaken there's an option to unlink pitch/roll somewhere. Under mics maybe? I'll take a look when I'm at home.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:12 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I'll try to recalibrate with it shimmed underneath and see if the AL works better. How do I tell what version am I on and what version is everybody running? FYI I'm using the KK2.0 w/lcd from hobby king.
There is really only 1.2 that most are testing . i like the few added features of it.

If your stock form Hobbyking its not 1.2

the stock firmware is fine. You'll need a usbASP adaptor and either download it form the first post that KK has updated. Or download lazyzero's flashtool, find the type of programmer you are using(usbasp) plus the board you have(KK2)

then from the last drop down menu, setect KK v1.2 ACC mod. once oyu have all the correct settings. hit the little green flash button on the right. It well then flash your board.

there are many videos on youtube/here showing you the step by step process.

It may seem abit over whelming at first, but its very easy!!

with the other KK boards, ie KKv1 KKv2 and KKv3, you had to have the 6 pin usbasp connected correctly. and was highly recomended to make sure you it was right before flashing.

With the KK2.0 if you have it plugged in worng the lcd well not light up!

look back on the first page for alot of details regarding this board...

heance the title of the thread!!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
There is really only 1.2 that most are testing . i like the few added features of it.

If your stock form Hobbyking its not 1.2

the stock firmware is fine. You'll need a usbASP adaptor and either download it form the first post that KK has updated. Or download lazyzero's flashtool, find the type of programmer you are using(usbasp) plus the board you have(KK2)

then from the last drop down menu, setect KK v1.2 ACC mod. once oyu have all the correct settings. hit the little green flash button on the right. It well then flash your board.

there are many videos on youtube/here showing you the step by step process.

It may seem abit over whelming at first, but its very easy!!

with the other KK boards, ie KKv1 KKv2 and KKv3, you had to have the 6 pin usbasp connected correctly. and was highly recomended to make sure you it was right before flashing.

With the KK2.0 if you have it plugged in worng the lcd well not light up!

look back on the first page for alot of details regarding this board...

heance the title of the thread!!
Thanks for the help and taking the time post an answer! But since stock is fine I'll leave it at that for now and when I place another order where they have the USB adapter then I'll get one.
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
What is going on with hobbyking I just got a kk2.0 from them and the board looks like it is used the plastic is gone off of the LCD and it is scratch up
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x